Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Former Colts and Bills coach makes scathing statement about Fitzpatrick

chad72

I don't get why Metzelaars is issuing a statement on this. Does it help his job search?

I guess the Buffalo News must have called him but............he just sounds whiney to me

That was my first thought, if Metzelaars wants to call it a day in the NFL?

Like the other posters, I don't see why he would say this

Wasn't he the same coach who came out and said about our coaching staff in 2011 that we kept running the same offense as we would with Peyton hoping he would come back and didn't tailor it for Painter to operate? This was, of course, after he and Caldwell and staff were sent packing too.

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick has shown brief flashes of brilliance on the field. 1 major problem though, with the money he's getting paid a $59m contract, I suspect owner Ralph Wilson expects considerably more consistency & division wins. Fitz, the "Amish rifle" is not the answer in Buffalo. I think they are stuck between a rock & a hard place though as Brent suggests.

Well....Pete Metzelaars was our O-line coach for two years.

In other words....he's an expert in things that are below average.

From what I am reading he was not the O Line coach then, he was the offensive quality control coach and helped the Tight Ends on the Colts the year before that during 2003 training camp