Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richard Seymour?

Sorry if this has already been posted. But I was just thinking, Sometimes a CB's best friend is a Good pass rush if we had a player of his caliber I think it could do wonders for Butler and even our rush LB's.

and yes I know he is 33 but he would bring great leadership to this young team not to mention would draw double teams and clog up the side he would play. does anybody know what his price tag is???

I would have to imagine this would probably be his last contract, at 33 I would think you would want to give him an incentive based deal. I like Seymour but I just don't want to have to rebuild the D in a few years because of retirements (although you have to replace players every year).

Rather have his teammate Desmond Bryant or Randy Starks

Don't know much about Bryant, but I've heard good things about him and he apparently is very smart since he went to Harvard. He's much younger than Seymour and has great size for our 3-4 DE spot. I'm all for bringing him in.

Depending on his price tag -- and I think his would be very hard to know what kind of market there would be for him -- I would be very interested in signing him to a reasonable (read not very long term deal)....

I think Seymour is one of those exception to the rule type of players.

He may be older (30+)... but I think he takes good care of himself and is a professional athlete on and off the field.   And I don't say that about a lot of players....

But for perhaps a 2-year deal, Seymour would be on my radar....

Seymour was always a Bad man on the field.

Defintely expect Grigs to sign a Long Quality baller for Moala`s spot. It could be Fili but they will have a lot to choose from.

Lawrence Guy showed me a little something. 22 years old. Wish him good health and maybe he does well backing up Redding.

Aldon Smith had No sacks for 5 games after Justin Smith got hurt.

Same with the Nose Tackle. Offenses run 50+% between the guards. Mookie was Overwhelmed. Of course I thought he had a couple pretty decent games right before he got hurt.

With a Mauler opposite Redding and some Serious NT play, our D can vastly improve.