Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Overpay For Orton?

dn4192

What if we offer some picks and maybe a player or two to Denver for Kyle Orton for the remainder of this season?

Do you really think its smart to bargain away our future for a temporary fix that may not fix anything? Nevermind what peoples opinions of Orton are, now we have yet another QB with that deer-in-headlights look as he learns a complex offense.

No spank you.

What if we offer some picks and maybe a player or two to Denver for Kyle Orton for the remainder of this season?

Why??? Can you not see that the QB is not the problem? Seriously, how is the QB gonna stop the run? How is he gonna stop pass after pass being completed by the opposing QB? Is it Collins fault that the o-line gave him about 2 tenths of a second to throw the ball? People need to accept Peyton is gone for the foreseeable future and it don't matter who we put in there at QB, it simply is not going to be the same. This team needs better preparation and a better gameplan from the coaching staff and then the players have to act as if they have a beating heart on the field, maybe then things will be a little better.

Why??? Can you not see that the QB is not the problem? Seriously, how is the QB gonna stop the run? How is he gonna stop pass after pass being completed by the opposing QB? Is it Collins fault that the o-line gave him about 2 tenths of a second to throw the ball? People need to accept Peyton is gone for the foreseeable future and it don't matter who we put in there at QB, it simply is not going to be the same. This team needs better preparation and a better gameplan from the coaching staff and then the players have to act as if they have a beating heart on the field, maybe then things will be a little better.

I agree with you. I think a new GM, head coach , and bigger players are needed. The game is changing and teams know the colts now. Polian retires in 12? The team can get back to sound running and peyton doesn't have to change every play. Great defense would be a blessing. Why Thomas was cut this year on defense line is puzzling. There are other choices we see and wonder.Just like a new group in Pro golf is taking over, it's time for new team for colts.

While I think Orton would be an upgrade to Collins, the issue is still that any veteran QB is still going to have to learn our system. Ive thought all along that we should have at least rolled with Painter being that he at least knows the system and when hes in there with the first teamers... who knows what may happen.

I know, let's just have a different QB play every week.

game 1: Kerry Collins

game 2: Curtis Painter

game 3: Kyle Orton

game 4: Dan Orlovsky (might as well bring him back too)

game 5: Shaun Hill (see above)

game 6: Marc Bulger (I'm sure we could sweet talk him out of retirement for just one game)

game 7: Carson Palmer (I'm sure the Bengals would let him go if we promise to only play him for one game)

game 8: Chris Simms (his dad was HOF so he has to be good too right? Plus he's left handed so that'll throw off the opposing defense)

game 9: Matt Leinart (we have to promise Houston to have him back by sundown. Plus he's left handed...see above)

game 10: Joseph Addai (ok the left handed thing is losing it's appeal and it should be painfully clear I'm running out of ideas by now so I won't go on)

First people want to get rid of Painter and they want a veteran QB. We bring in Kerry Collins. After 1 game (with less than 3 weeks of preparation) Collins goes in and has an off game with a virtually brand new offensive line. Then people want Painter back. Now we want to overpay for Kyle Orton (who Miami couldn't persuade Denver to part with) and give up valuable draft picks that could help cure some of our defensive woes for a QB who would only play until Manning comes back? Wow you REALLY want to try to make a run for the SB in Indy don't you? It's time to face it, playing at home in the SB is not really much of an option anymore. Don't get me wrong, anything is possible but the odds are just a little bit more than slightly stacked against us.

Yeah b/c we all no Purdue QB's can't win.......OH wait Brees won a SB and the only reason the bears played us in one is b/c Orton won them a lot of games that year. I'm not saying I want Orton by any means but that kid can win.

Purdue, as a college has the most number of QBs to win a SB - Griese, Lenny Dawson (I think I got the name right), and Drew Brees

There are lots of Purdue players that have done well in the pros. However, our rotten luck, we have been stuck with the likes of Gilbert Gardner and Curtis Painter, Brandon King (who is no longer with the team) :(. Did I miss other Purdue players we have gotten in the Manning era???.

Do you really think its smart to bargain away our future for a temporary fix that may not fix anything? Nevermind what peoples opinions of Orton are, now we have yet another QB with that deer-in-headlights look as he learns a complex offense.

No spank you.

agree , save the future & pray Peyton comes back & use picks to build team

Purdue, as a college has the most number of QBs to win a SB - Griese, Lenny Dawson (I think I got the name right), and Drew Brees

There are lots of Purdue players that have done well in the pros. However, our rotten luck, we have been stuck with the likes of Gilbert Gardner and Curtis Painter, Brandon King (who is no longer with the team) :(. Did I miss other Purdue players we have gotten in the Manning era???.

Yeah we haven't had much luck in the Purdue players we have taken in recent years.

How about we go get david garrard? incarcerated bob on twitter said he might sign with indy this week. he's more mobile than collins and has had some good years in JAC. With our horrible Line, at least he could avoid some hits and he has never had weapons like we got here

My God! It's like talking to a brick freaking wall. :facepalm:

GAWL....well whats plan B?

:D

Can't offer a Plan B, but this seems like an opportune time to mention a couple of things:

A) Your new signature is hilarious

B) Did you notice that "theoretical Peyton" would only be FIFTH in passing right now, and in a three way tie for TDs.

wth What the :cuss: is going ON here! :wall:

I wouldn't want them to UNDERPAY for Kyle Orton.

Assuming that that is indeed possible.

Orton is a serviceable QB. He has managed to be successful wherever he has gone. He was decent in Chicago, solid in Denver. He isn't a franchise guy, but he is still a pretty good QB. With that said, we should not trade anything for him. Why compromise the future for a temporary fix, as ruksak said.

:facepalm:

This reply, right here, makes the most sense.

These knee-jerk reactions are just getting old. Trade away picks and players for Orton? We'd be losing HARD on that deal if he costs anything more than $FREE.99

All of the fans were claiming that they understood we were in for a rough season without Manning. They were going to pull for the team no matter what. Yet here we are, one week in, and everything needs to be changed.

Ugh...

Yeah b/c we all no Purdue QB's can't win.......OH wait Brees won a SB and the only reason the bears played us in one is b/c Orton won them a lot of games that year. I'm not saying I want Orton by any means but that kid can win.

rex grossman started all 16 games for the bears, the year the bears played indy in the sb

you really suck at history, bro

Well one I don't think the Broncos are looking to trade him. Then even if we got him he's going ot have the same problem Collins has right now, not enough time in our offense. On top of that we are going to trade away picks we need in the future for a QB where as with Collins we just spent money and didn't have to give up anything to get him. That also still doesn't address our real issue which is the o-line. When you give your QB 1.9 and 1.8 seconds to throw the ball like someone timed out on Sunday I don't care who the QB is he's going to get sacked.