Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rays Victory Lap

Smonroe

I don't mean this to sound like sour grapes, and it's not directed at Lewis as much as it is at the hypocrisy of the NFL, the media, and our justice system.

Yes, Ray had a great career. I personally don't feel he had much of an impact on the field yesterday, but he did inspire his teammates.

That being said, he was celebrated like a hero in all the pre game shows and post game. Yet there are still two men who were murdered and apparently no one did it according to the courts. Rays bloody suit was never found. And the media seems to have forgotten about it. After Denver beats them next Saturday he'll have a high paying job with ESPN.

Am I the only one, or does that just seem wrong?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvin Harrison killed a guy too. Didn't hear many people get mad when he was inducted into the Ring of Honor.

Thats a good point. Funny how that works out. Of course people will say there was never any evidence against Harrison, but I've seen people tried and convicted with much less.

My post? What was disgusting? Did I state something that wasn't true?

Prefacing something with "I don't mean for this to sound like sour grapes" doesn't really negate the content of your post.

To bring up something that is brought up by almost all of our opponents before every game is just plain stupid.  Ray Lewis was acquitted of all charges.  Every witness interviewed by the cops stated that Ray Lewis didn't have anything to do with the murder.  There is a reason he was acquitted - because all of the evidence pointed towards the fact that someone else committed those murders.

Ray Lewis has helped hundreds (if not thousands) of people lead better lives.  He has devoted himself, and a heck of a lot of his money, to help make sure that kids don't make the same mistakes that he did when he was young.

To bring up this subject, after your loss, is disgusting.  Your post attempts to tarnish the historic career that Ray has had in the NFL.  Nothing you can do, or say, will diminish the fact that he is the best OLB to ever play in the NFL.

Prefacing something with "I don't mean for this to sound like sour grapes" doesn't really negate the content of your post.

To bring up something that is brought up by almost all of our opponents before every game is just plain stupid.  Ray Lewis was acquitted of all charges.  Every witness interviewed by the cops stated that Ray Lewis didn't have anything to do with the murder.  There is a reason he was acquitted - because all of the evidence pointed towards the fact that someone else committed those murders.

Ray Lewis has helped hundreds (if not thousands) of people lead better lives.  He has devoted himself, and a heck of a lot of his money, to help make sure that kids don't make the same mistakes that he did when he was young.

To bring up this subject, after your loss, is disgusting.  Your post attempts to tarnish the historic career that Ray has had in the NFL.  Nothing you can do, or say, will diminish the fact that he is the best OLB to ever play in the NFL.

First of all, I didn't say Ray did it. He plea bargained to obstruction, which is not the same as being acquitted of all charges. He got 12 months probation, which was the max they could give him. So don't try to make it sound like he had nothing to do with it.

You may not like the history but you can't change it. How good he is/was on the field can't change it either.

To bring up something that is brought up by almost all of our opponents before every game is just plain stupid. Ray Lewis was acquitted of all charges. Every witness interviewed by the cops stated that Ray Lewis didn't have anything to do with the murder. There is a reason he was acquitted - because all of the evidence pointed towards the fact that someone else committed those murders.

Ray Lewis has helped hundreds (if not thousands) of people lead better lives. He has devoted himself, and a heck of a lot of his money, to help make sure that kids don't make the same mistakes that he did when he was young.

To bring up this subject, after your loss, is disgusting. Your post attempts to tarnish the historic career that Ray has had in the NFL. Nothing you can do, or say, will diminish the fact that he is the best OLB to ever play in the NFL.

Actually, ray wasn't aquitted of any charges. He was only charged with obstruction, and he plead guilty and got a slap on the wrist. I don't think he killed anyone, but he didn't help the police and prosecution put the killers behind bars either.

I believe that neither Marvin nor Ray were proven to have committed murder. Therefore only assumptions can be made. This is not really Colt discussion material and I am moving it to NFL general as long as it stays civil.

Marvin was never even accused, that was an ignorant analogy. IMO, it was Colts related because the hoopla occurred before and after our game.

I don't think I said anything that was inflammatory, it was all true.

Marvin was never even accused, that was an ignorant analogy. IMO, it was Colts related because the hoopla occurred before and after our game.

I don't think I said anything that was inflammatory, it was all true.

I was responding to all the posts in general, not specifically at yours. If I would have, I would have quoted you. Just because it happened at a Colts game, does not necessarily make it a topic for the Colts board.

Why wasn't he charged with any crime? Probably because there wasn't any evidence

Guy gets shot. Guy lives. Says Marvin did it. Marvin had been seen stomping this guy out in a parking lot. That same guy turns up dead 3 months later. The shooting happened near a car wash Harrison owned and the bullets were fired from his own gun. Yeah no evidence whatsoever...

I don't mean this to sound like sour grapes, and it's not directed at Lewis as much as it is at the hypocrisy of the NFL, the media, and our justice system.

Yes, Ray had a great career. I personally don't feel he had much of an impact on the field yesterday, but he did inspire his teammates.

That being said, he was celebrated like a hero in all the pre game shows and post game. Yet there are still two men who were murdered and apparently no one did it according to the courts. Rays bloody suit was never found. And the media seems to have forgotten about it. After Denver beats them next Saturday he'll have a high paying job with ESPN.

We shall be better than that!

I've enough problem with mean (really mean)and disgusting posts of Ravens' fan here regarding "hysteria" around Pagano, we don't need to take this battle. We are gentlemen.

Since when does plea bargaining = acquitted of all charges?

It doesn't. At all.

He plea bargained because he had successfully buried/hidden that bloodied white suit of his.

If he were innocent, no need to plea bargain. He could have fought to keep his name completely clean. As we know from hundreds of examples, plea bargaining is usually an admission of some kind of wrong-doing.

Guy gets shot. Guy lives. Says Marvin did it. Marvin had been seen stomping this guy out in a parking lot. That same guy turns up dead 3 months later. The shooting happened near a car wash Harrison owned and the bullets were fired from his own gun. Yeah no evidence whatsoever...

So why wasn't he charged?

I was responding to all the posts in general, not specifically at yours. If I would have, I would have quoted you. Just because it happened at a Colts game, does not necessarily make it a topic for the Colts board.

Fair enough. I guess it really is an NFL topic. It goes along with how people feel about celebrating athletes who have made mistakes. It's a polarizing topic.

I'm an animal lover but I can accept that Vick paid his dues and is doing the right things now. But I still don't choose to celebrate him. If Rae Carruth gets out of prison and opens up a free clinic, he still wouldn't be on my fave list.

So why wasn't he charged?

He wasn't. That's the difference between speculation and fact. It's a fact that Ray plea bargained to obstruction of justice. He was there and close enough to get blood on his suit. Fact.

It's speculation that Marvin was even in the area when that guy was killed.

No, you are not the only one.  There's a very persistent and vocal minority that refuses to let the issue drop.

For me, it's all water under the bridge at this point.  Unfortunately, I've just never seen enough compelling evidence for or against Ray's guilt (or even his role in the incident) to hold it against him like some do.

No, you are not the only one.  There's a very persistent and vocal minority that refuses to drop the issue.

For me, it's all water under the bridge at this point.  Unfortunately, I've just never seen enough compelling evidence for or against Ray's guilt (or even his role in the incident) to hold it against him like some do.

Again, it's not the incident or Rays alleged involvement. It was all the hoopla this week and how it was glossed over.

No, you are not the only one.  There's a very persistent and vocal minority that refuses to let the issue drop.

O.o

That whole obstruction of justice deal isn't a red flag? Accomplice or accessory at best. No one know's who shot out of the limo Ray was in?

That whole story got whitewashed by the MSM, but I remember.

Donte Stallworth, RED HANDED murdered someone drinking and driving. Was anyone pitching a fit when he was on that 2007 Patriots team? No....is anyone pitching a fit the murdering scum bag is still in the NFL? No again. There are criminals in all the major sports of this country and I have always felt that if you are a big time athlete you can basically walk away and get a slap on the wrist. Just look at Stallworth as a great example of it. He should be locked up for life and he's not. If he was an average joe, I'm sure he would be, but he's an NFL star, so it's different.

Disgusting post.  Absolutely no need for this to be posted at all.

Totally disagree!!!!   I too am SICK of this guy being worshiped!    I totally agree that his on the field play is some of the best around - he is without any doubt one of the best ball players ever. However IMO he should not even be on the field - he should have been sent to jail for life!

Does Ray Lewis' arrest for murder taint the game?

IMO he is as guilty as OJ, and due to money and stardom got off ... then had no choice but to change / turn his life around!   Does not change what happened back then!

Also hated to see Donte Stallworth back in the NFL - no way no how should he have been back!

Donte Stallworth, RED HANDED murdered someone drinking and driving. Was anyone pitching a fit when he was on that 2007 Patriots team? No....is anyone pitching a fit the murdering scum bag is still in the NFL? No again. There are criminals in all the major sports of this country and I have always felt that if you are a big time athlete you can basically walk away and get a slap on the wrist. Just look at Stallworth as a great example of it. He should be locked up for life and he's not. If he was an average joe, I'm sure he would be, but he's an NFL star, so it's different.

Do you actually know the entire Stallworth story or our you just repeating what you heard?

Stallworth had been drinking earlier and went to sleep only to wake up 6 hours later, thinking he was fine. He was going 50 in a 45 zone and hit a guy who was illegally jay walking across the street. He felt so guilty about it he pleaded no contest, even though he would have won, and took his punishment he wouldn't have taken had he fought it.

O.o

That whole obstruction of justice deal isn't a red flag? Accomplice or accessory at best. No one know's who shot out of the limo Ray was in?

That whole story got whitewashed by the MSM, but I remember.

Oh, there are definitely plenty of red flags.  If there weren't people wouldn't have cause to bring this up.  It's all just very murky to the point where I struggle hold the incident against him a decade later.

Do you actually know the entire Stallworth story or our you just repeating what you heard?

Stallworth had been drinking earlier and went to sleep only to wake up 6 hours later, thinking he was fine. He was going 50 in a 45 zone and hit a guy who was illegally jay walking across the street. He felt so guilty about it he pleaded no contest, even though he would have won, and took his punishment he wouldn't have taken had he fought it.

Key word THINKING. THINKING you are fine, is just an excuse.  I cannot defend a murdering scum bag. It don't matter if it was 6 hours later or not, he knew he had been drinking and he was not responsible. If he wasn't an NFL player, he would have got a bigger sentence. Number 1, he was already over the speed limit, numebr 2, he had been drinking. He is a murdering thug who deserved a life sentence and got by with it because he was an NFL player. I refuse to defend a murderer no matter what, and I used to love Donte Stallworth. When he played for the Saints, I thought he was a great receiver.

Key word THINKING. THINKING you are fine, is just an excuse. I cannot defend a murdering scum bag. It don't matter if it was 6 hours later or not, he knew he had been drinking and he was not responsible. If he wasn't an NFL player, he would have got a bigger sentence. Number 1, he was already over the speed limit, numebr 2, he had been drinking. He is a murdering thug who deserved a life sentence and got by with it because he was an NFL player. I refuse to defend a murderer no matter what, and I used to love Donte Stallworth. When he played for the Saints, I thought he was a great receiver.

man slaughter and murder are not the same thing. One is intentional the other is not..

If that story is correct, how would he have won?   He was over the legal limit and he was over the speed limit!  He got off because of $$$$$! .... And I thought he pled guility not no contest...

A better look at the story....

Turns out most of the story you told is very inaccurate!

After a night drinking at a bar in Miami Beach's Fountainebleau hotel, police said Stallworth hit Reyes, a construction crane operator who was rushing to catch a bus after finishing his shift around 7:15 a.m. Stallworth told police he flashed his lights in an attempt to warn Reyes, who was not in a crosswalk when he was struck.

Stallworth had a blood-alcohol level of .126 after the crash, well above Florida's .08 limit. Stallworth stopped after the crash and immediately told officers he had hit Reyes. Police estimated Stallworth was driving about 50 mph in a 40 mph zone.

It was said that the family didnt want to go to court but chose to settle out of it and asked the prosecutors to not persue a case .... IE they were approached by stallworths legal team and paid a very handom sum  of money to forget their loved one!

Should also be noted that Ray Ray also paid the families of his victims as well, but he had nothing to do with it - LOL!

Wha did I tell that was innacurate? The fact that it was 40 not 45? Everything I said was correct. He hadn't been drinking for hours and hit a guy who was jay walking across the street after he tried to warn him. This isn't as black and white as people are making it seem.

To bring up this subject, after your loss, is disgusting.  Your post attempts to tarnish the historic career that Ray has had in the NFL.  Nothing you can do, or say, will diminish the fact that he is the best OLB to ever play in

Have you ever heard of LAWERENCE TAYLOR or was he before your time he changed the way teams played there offense thats a fact