Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts will play to win against texans

alexpr

Yep we will not be resting starters, it was confirmed by Bruce Arians:

"We're going in to win," Arians told WNDE in Indianapolis. "We gotta keep rising."

So if the colts manage to win the seeds will probably look like this:

Bye: 1) Broncos 2) Pats

Wildcard: 3) Texans vs 6) Bengals       4) Ravens vs 3) Colts

I know you are all thinking that if we win against ravens who will be next...

If we lose against texans:

Bye: 1) Texans 2) Broncos

Wildcard: 3)Pats vs 6) Bengals      4) Ravens vs 3) Colts

Well... this thread was made to let you know we will probably play starters against Texans.... nevermind all my speculation  :D

But Arians is not the head coach anymore, it is Pagano's decision now. Yes, we are going in to win and that is how it should be but we will see if decisions on personnel change based on the flow of the game. :)

Besides, if they were going to rest anyone in the second half, do you think the Colts want to give it away as info?

If someone gets injured, next man up. we've been doing it all season. yea, there's no doubt we are going to have injures in this game, mark my words, we are going to lose a few people in the game, it WILL happen, the TEXANS are too mean and physical for us to come out unscathed, not gonna happen. So we lick our wounds, (even if it's the QB, bring on Drew Stanton), go to Baltimore with our Pagano led troops heads held high and kick some Raven butt. I think it's wonderful that we are going full tilt in the Texans game!!!! Let's go into Baltimore on a winning note. I don't like having a sour taste heading into the playoffs. We have backups that can step in on this team and get the job done. The coaches need to prepare the team well, which I know they can do. A drop of sweat spent in a drill is a drop of blood saved in a battle.

Onward Colts for the duty of the day lies with the next opponent. Finally, I will leave you with this thought about Pagano and this amazing CHUCKSTRONG campaign,

Life is a series of experiences, each one of which makes us bigger,

even though sometimes it is hard to realize this.

For the world was built to develop character,

and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which

we endure help us in our marching onward.

- Henry Ford

To be honest, I would think our best chance in advancing would be if the colts lost game 16 and the seed would have Houston #1 and Denver #2 pats #3 Balt #4 colts #5 and Cincy #6

We would match up better with Balt and cincy would match up better with new England (more so than us). What an awesome 2nd round match up. I don't honestly think we get past anyone in the playoffs but I think we at least have a shot against Houston (if it got that far) and none against the pats.

To be honest, I would think our best chance in advancing would be if the colts lost game 16 and the seed would have Houston #1 and Denver #2 pats #3 Balt #4 colts #5 and Cincy #6

We would match up better with Balt and cincy would match up better with new England (more so than us). What an awesome 2nd round match up. I don't honestly think we get past anyone in the playoffs but I think we at least have a shot against Houston (if it got that far) and none against the pats.

Texans can drop to No.3 at worst, and we wont drop to No.6, we will be No.5 regardless if I understood right. We will most likely get Baltimore, regardless, IMO. Only the first 3 AFC seeds will be impacted by this if all of them play to win.

This game is more meaningful for the Texans than us.

With our Horrifick OL and Houston needing to win and JJ Watt going for a Sack Record I sure hope Luck will be healthy enough to play vs the Ravens in the playoffs.

It would be just awful and Stupid to lose our QB or any other starter in a meaningless game just one week before the playoffs.

If we do lose a starter, so be it (j/k). At least that is the junta mantra here :). I still say see how the game flow goes and make a gut decision based on that.

For young teams and especially this one I think it's best to keep the same routine going. If you treat the entire week as "playoffs are coming get ready!!" you could make them more nervous.

Keep them with the same old same old mentality all year.

Texans can drop to No.3 at worst, and we wont drop to No.6, we will be No.5 regardless if I understood right. We will most likely get Baltimore, regardless, IMO. Only the first 3 AFC seeds will be impacted by this if all of them play to win.

This game is more meaningful for the Texans than us.

Yeah you are right that only the top 3 teams will change based upon the games. I guess my point was based on possible wins from the first round and subsequent match ups. We have Balt 1st round regardless but cincy gets either pats or Houston ( assuming Denver continues to roll) I would rather cincy take out and clear the pats (cause I don't think we have a shot to do it based on match up). Meh, I will just watch whoever we have to play and hope for the best anyways :)

I'm a lot more concerned about their physical health than their mentality.

As far as how the game-flow goes, we've seen that every time they face a decent defensive line, Luck has people in his face & at his legs and he's constantly moving trying not to get killed. Its amazing how he hasn't had a serious injury yet.

Why tempt fate one week before the playoffs in a totally meanning-less game?

It's not like we have a perfect season on the line.

A Bengals Vs Texans wildcard match up is no guaranteed win for the Texans.  The Bengals have a pretty solid football team with good young talent and they are playing well right now.  I could easily see the Bengals pulling a win out of that one.  I'm sure they are motivated like crazy after last years loss.

If we beat texans. And denver and newengland win then we get ravens then denver however if bengals upset the texans they get denver and we get newengland

if we lose to texans we still get ravens and if broncos and newengland win they bengals face new england. If we beat ravens in that scenerio we get to face the number one texans and new england would face broncos. However if bengals won in that scenerio we would face denver and bengals would get texans. But I dount see bengals beating new england.

If we beat texans. And denver and newengland win then we get ravens then denver however if bengals upset the texans they get denver and we get newengland

if we lose to texans we still get ravens and if broncos and newengland win they bengals face new england. If we beat ravens in that scenerio we get to face the number one texans and new england would face broncos. However if bengals won in that scenerio we would face denver and bengals would get texans. But I dount see bengals beating new england.

Geez. After reading that I wish we had missed the bleedin play-offs!

I've posted before that I think the wear and tear of the season and the "rookie wall" has hit us...but resting isn't the way to get past it. We have to play to win to train our rookies and young players to fight through it. Sure, we could rest this year without affecting our playoff spot; but in the future, we may be up against the wall in a must-win situation in week 17. The only way to condition a team for effective late season play is to do it, even if it doesn't turn out to be terribly successful this year.

That said, this isn't so vital that we need to play our most injured and beat up guys. If a player (especially a vet like Redding) needs the week off, give him the week off.

Good for Reggie.  I hope he continues to preach that very thing in the locker room all week until it happens

I'm hoping for a great injury-free game. I DO NOT WANT THEM EVER WINNING IN INDY.
Well, it is Christmas so feel free to ask for everything you can get, but it's also the last game of the season and the walking wounded list is lengthy. Even Luck's knee has been on that list for several weeks and his knee sure doesn't need three or four more kisses from JJ Watt to get prepared for the playoffs. It's understandable -- but stupid -- if the Colts have made this decision mostly because Pagano will be back on the sidelines.

The de-Polianization continues.

People really seem to forget this started with Dungy not Polian.  Peyton's second year here the Colts had a chance to sit the starters against the Bills and did not and Polian was the GM of that team too. 

I think it also boils down to young team vs. older team as well.  When Dungy/Caldwell was resting the starters that was a very experienced team.  The team in 99 and this one was/is still trying to find it's way.