Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How do the Colts win a 9-7 tiebreaker with Cincy?

oldunclemark

WORST CASE SENARIO

This is the scenario which leaves the Colts OUT.

WK 16:  INDY LOSS,+ GB over TEN,+ SD over NYJ,+ PIT over CIN,+ OAK over CAR,+ HOU over MIN

WK 17:  INDY LOSS,+ NYJ over BUF,+ CIN over BAL,+ CHI over DET,+ JAC over TEN,+ NE over MIA,+ PIT over CLE

Any of this doesn’t happen then Colts are IN!

If Indy wins, I believe they’ll be 5th, If they don’t and one of these games get us in they’ll be 6th.( I think)

SOV = total records of teams you beat

Our SOV right now is .397.  CIN's SOV right now is .339.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/conferenceRank/order/false

SOV = total records of teams you beat

Our SOV right now is .397.  CIN's SOV right now is .339.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/conferenceRank/order/false

'Im getting it...I'm assuming this is overall and not conference games..

So what we do not need is wins by Washington, the NYGs, Philadelphia, Oakland and San Diego..(cincy beat them we did not)

..and we dont want losses by Detroit, Buffalo and especially Tennessee since we beat them twice.

It seems difficult for the Colts to not make the playoffs, even at 9-7...

..we could clinch this sunday..even if we lose and Pittsburgh wins, right?

WORST CASE SENARIO

This is the scenario which leaves the Colts OUT.

WK 16:  INDY LOSS,+ GB over TEN,+ SD over NYJ,+ PIT over CIN,+ OAK over CAR,+ HOU over MIN

WK 17:  INDY LOSS,+ NYJ over BUF,+ CIN over BAL,+ CHI over DET,+ JAC over TEN,+ NE over MIA,+ PIT over CLE

Any of this doesn’t happen then Colts are IN!

If Indy wins, I believe they’ll be 5th, If they don’t and one of these games get us in they’ll be 6th.( I think)

I have a better chance of winning the lottery than the colts not making it.

The odd results I see there are Oakland over Carolina, Jets over Buffalo and Jax over TennesseeIt all would SEEM unlikely..but lets talk again Sunday night

Right. There's not exactly a huge upset in any of those games. Lets just win Sunday and forget about this mess.

I have tickets to the Houston game so if the game had something on the line I'd like it better, plus Coach is supposed to be there so I want to see a good old fashioned a** whoopin' on Houston.

Well hopefully we win Sunday and you can take all the pride you want in whoopin' our 3rd stringers.

9-7? Come on. Just beat the dang Chiefs. It ain't hard, boys.

Exactly! Just beat the dang Chiefs.  Absolutely on point
If we beat the Chiefs, doesn't that make the Houston game unimportant? Can't we rest everyone and not risk an injury to Wayne, Luck, Freeney, Mathis, Ballard, Bethea, Fleener, Avery, Hilton, Allen, Castonzo, Lefedge, Brazill, Angerer, Freeman, B.A. <---- he he, on that last one !!

If we beat the Chiefs, doesn't that make the Houston game unimportant? Can't we rest everyone and not risk an injury to Wayne, Luck, Freeney, Mathis, Ballard, Bethea, Fleener, Avery, Hilton, Allen, Castonzo, Lefedge, Brazill, Angerer, Freeman, B.A. <---- he he, on that last one !!

That would be up to the coaches I assume.  I can see what you're saying though.  If Houston some how loses to Minnesota I do think they will play their starters in that last game in order to get home field throughout the playoffs.  I think we would be obliged to come with our A game to throw a monkey wrench in their plans.  We held them to one offensive touchdown on their own home field.  I'm sure they know we're capable of spoiling it for them.  They'll play that last game as if it's an important game in the case of a loss to Minnesota.

The following has to happen for the Colts to MISS the playoffs

1. Colts lose last two games.

2.  Bengals lose to Steelers but beat Ravens.

3.  Falcons beat Lions (so yes if the Lions win tonight we are in)

4.  Raiders beat Panthers.

5.  Vikings beat Texans

6.  Jets beat Bills

7.  KC beats Broncos (so after winning two games all year KC would have to beat two playoff level teams the last two weeks of the season to keep us out)

8.  Bears beat Lions

9.  Jags beat Titans

10.  Pats beat Phish

11.  Steelers beat Browns.

ANY of the above doesn't happen and the Colts are in. So in short there was a better chance of the world ending on Friday than us missing the playoffs.