Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hbot - Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy

GoColts00

My first question is ' Peyton, has anyone referred you to a doctor who knows anything about HBOT and its healing effects? '

HyperBaric Oxygen Therapy.

Nerve Pain

I find good results in treating nerve problems, especially those related to scar tissue. I have also noted improved nerve function for certain types of neuropathy. The nerves themselves are fibrous. I believe the oxygen improves conduction by stimulating the conductive fibers.

also,

HBOT is what Dwight Freeney did when trying to heal his ankle in 1 week for the SuperBowl. HBOT stimulates stem cells, as well as helping the body repair itself.

So you want Peyton to pull a Micheal Jackson? lol

that was Funny! i was thinking about that actually when writing. Seriously though, HBOT can do the body some Good. Dr. Julian Whitaker is the founder of the Whitaker Wellness Institute in Newport Beach, CA and its one of the things he uses to allow the body to heal itself.

you really want to try experimental therapy on the franchise quarterback....i dont think so

hyperbaric oxygen can sometimes do more harm then good . introducing sources of oxygen free radicals to nerves that are naturally regenerating doesn't seem like a good idea to me

freeneys case was completely different. they used the increased amount of oxygen to decrease vascular permeability and thus decrease his inflammation.

peytons problem is with nerve regeneration - his body has to do it on his own, thats why there is no timetable for his return. throwing in practice wouldn't help his cause so im really not sure why hes even doint that!

I would think that Peyton has the best doctors available who should be aware of the benefits of HBOT and would know if it would be helpful for him.

Also, HBOT is not something to be laughed at. There is a burn unit/wound center near my home that has a huge hyperbolic chamber.

Sadly, that center is something I am all too familar with.

you really want to try experimental therapy on the franchise quarterback....i dont think so

hyperbaric oxygen can sometimes do more harm then good . introducing sources of oxygen free radicals to nerves that are naturally regenerating doesn't seem like a good idea to me

freeneys case was completely different. they used the increased amount of oxygen to decrease vascular permeability and thus decrease his inflammation.

peytons problem is with nerve regeneration - his body has to do it on his own, thats why there is no timetable for his return. throwing in practice wouldn't help his cause so im really not sure why hes even doint that!

It's not exactly experimental, they've been using it for 40+ years

Absolutely. I worked for a wound healing center for awhile and we used HBOT to help heal wounds. IT DOES WORK. It will help the tissues heal faster and regenerate faster. It is FDA approved and there are many studies to prove its effectiveness. There are also several studies going on to see if it can help parkinsons and Alzheimers disease because of its regenerative affects on nerves. But you know what....my concern is for the man. He needs to be healthy. If that means that he cannot play football again, then so be it. I do NOT want to see pictures of him later on in life in a wheelchair....just sayin.....

Absolutely. I worked for a wound healing center for awhile and we used HBOT to help heal wounds. IT DOES WORK. It will help the tissues heal faster and regenerate faster. It is FDA approved and there are many studies to prove its effectiveness. There are also several studies going on to see if it can help parkinsons and Alzheimers disease because of its regenerative affects on nerves. But you know what....my concern is for the man. He needs to be healthy. If that means that he cannot play football again, then so be it. I do NOT want to see pictures of him later on in life in a wheelchair....just sayin.....

It doesn't work for peripheral nerve regeneration.

hyperbaric oxygen would be almost as useless as those magnetic bracelets, but would be more expensive. Great use of a thread. Please close this.

Why do people automatically condescend when they don't agree with someone else's post? Very condescending and pointless response, nsurg. Thank you so much for having no valid input here.

did you read the article????? it says the hbot is used to decrease the inflammatory process and scarring , which would in essence help "clear the way" for the nerve to regenerate......thats not peytons problem......his problem is with his schwann cells lol aka the cells that help build his peripheral nerves. there is nothing he can do but wait it out and let his body do it on its own.

freeneys problem was a sprained ankle that had lots of inflammation restricting the movement and causing pain......hbot would "work" in that case cause it would decrease the inflammation and it supposedly gave him more range of movement.

Why do people automatically condescend when they don't agree with someone else's post? Very condescending and pointless response, nsurg. Thank you so much for having no valid input here.

+1 More.

:ranton:

I might be only a few days removed from the 3 post a day new guy rule, but at least I know that everyone has an opinion, and if you don't agree then post something constructive or shut the :censored: up.

:stop: :troll: See sign -> :feedtroll:

:rantoff:

Thank you for your time.