Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Lions score predictions

chad72

It is a road game but I have a feeling playing in a dome and playing in the 1 p.m. ET time frame for some reason brings out the best in the Colts lately, maybe (wishful thinking)??? :)

Colts make a fight out of it and intercept Stafford while he is trying to win the game for Detroit on the final drive. We also get a few fumbles due to our pass rush against the Lions' OL.

Colts 24 Detroit 20 :)

I just have a feeling that this week, the Colts can pull one out of the hat...I think we get to Stafford a lot more than we have been, and he makes a few mistakes..We have long sustained drives, that keep the Lions off the field....I'm thinking We get 150 on the ground...and just keep eating up clock...

Colts by 7 or more...

Lions get a lot of yards much like the Colts but do not turn those to points, just like the Colts, even at home. That is why I feel we can pull off a close game.

If we have the Lions on the ropes by quarter 4 with a TD lead at least, I am confident we stand a chance. Got to keep it close all game, whether we do it on O or D or ST. Lions' special teams is not that stellar and I do think we can generate some field position if T.Y has a few good returns.

I feel this Colts-Lions game is gonna be a good one, but Jason Hanson will probably end up doing all the work knowing that the Lions have the second to the worse Red Zone offense (Arizona being 1st). The Colts are 0-1 at AWAY games against the NFC. That only one being against the Bears in Week 1 where we got shut out by 20 points. That was Week 1 though. We are in Week 13 and the Colts are 7-4. Now Andrew Luck has thrown some really nice passes to his wideouts throughout the season. He also has the option of running the ball himself and thats a really beneficial ability he has when it comes to that scenario. On the other had we have the Lions who are starving for a win after a loss from the Houston Texans that probably would've bumped them up into the hunt and into some playoff action. Their hopes of making the playoff are highly doubtful. Oh but Jim Schwartz never gives up and that's what makes Jim schwartz one heck of a football coach. I'd be sorry for the Lions if they ever got rid of him. Matthew Stafford did throw some games away this year that they would've won. The Lions 2nd in the league in yds/game. But like I said, they have one of the worst red zone stat lines this year. Matthew Stafford will do good but not great. I say around 300 yds and 1 or 2 TDs with a possible INT. Mikel Leshoure won't get no more than 100 rushing yards. Calvin Johnson can possibly get over 100 yds in receiving but no TD. if so, only 1. They still have Brandon Pettigrew and he's someone you don't want to take your eye off of. Lions Defense can possibly get an INT and a couple sacks but that's probably it. Andrew Luck will do pretty decent like he has all season. I say over 300 yds passing with a TD or 2 with a possible rushing TD and no INTs this game. Vick Ballard will have an alright game but he hasnt had one game with over 100 yds rushing so that won't change this sunday. It's possible he'll have a rushing TD. if not Donald Brown will get it. T.Y. Hilton will have a good game with no TDs. Reggie Wayne will have at least 1 TD and close to 100 yds in receiving. If he scores a tD against the lions, he'll have scored a TD against every NFC team. The Colts Defense can possibly pick one off Staffords passes off and get a few sacks and possibly a forced fumble but that's about it. This game will be a pretty high scoring game.

Prediction--- Colts come out on top 31-26. Go 8-4 and head into Tennesee next week with good hopes for a playoff spot.

I really hope the Colts find a way to win but I don't think we match up that well with Detroit. A road game where Luck generally isn't as sharp as he has been at home. I see Detroit's defensive line getting good pressure on Luck all day and the Colts secondary being riddled by the Lion's passing game namely Megatron. I don't see an Optimus Prime in our secondary nor a "W" in this one. Detroit 34 Colts 17.