Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Justin Anderson Practices

PatMcAfeeFan

Actually this article has him listed at 6'5" 342 so he's even bigger then I thought. I like that they got him from Georgia. A lot of Georgia players do well in the NFL. I remember Adam Meadows did well for us.

http://blogs.colts.c...ns-to-practice/

Now if this guy turns into something then that may solve another draft issue we have at Guard. If he turns out well then I think we would have pretty solid depth at guard with Reitz, Linkenbach, Mcglynn, and Anderson.

Then we could put our focus on something else possibly.

Actually this article has him listed at 6'5" 342 so he's even bigger then I thought. I like that they got him from Georgia. A lot of Georgia players do well in the NFL. I remember Adam Meadows did well for us.

http://blogs.colts.c...ns-to-practice/

Now if this guy turns into something then that may solve another draft issue we have at Guard. If he turns out well then I think we would have pretty solid depth at guard with Reitz, Linkenbach, Mcglynn, and Anderson.

Then we could put our focus on something else possibly.

Center? Tackle? CB? Safety?

Center? Tackle? CB? Safety?

No I said if he turned into something we would have quality depth at the guard position, then we could focus on our other needs in the draft whcih may include some of those positions you listed. We're not that bad off at center with Satele and Shipley although I'd like to see Satele replaced by Shipley. Costanzo is young( needs some improvement but I think it will come) so I don't think we are going to be looking for his replacement. Justice has been perfoming pretty decent, so I'm not sure if we need to actually replace him more than finding quality depth to put behind him. I think all these guys need to continue playing together and build rapport for the most part. If they got a tackle to replace Justice I could understand, but I don't think it's a sticking out like a red thumb need.

Just my opinion.

From his playing days at Georgia, was he a dominant shinning star amongst his oline or just a big guy with athletic ability having a potential high ceiling? He was hurt coming into the draft wasn't he which pushed him down and we took the flyer on him in the same way we did with the big DT?

Maybe I'm overly synical but he didn't appear to be an over powering guy or someone who just stood out as I watched that. Maybe I ask for too much but i didn't notice consistent drive backs in the run and his pass protection. Seemed to be lacking a dominance. Maybe it's all there and I want perfection each dropback. I hope he is what we need moving ahead though. Thanks for the film

Maybe I'm overly synical but he didn't appear to be an over powering guy or someone who just stood out as I watched that. Maybe I ask for too much but i didn't notice consistent drive backs in the run and his pass protection. Seemed to be lacking a dominance. Maybe it's all there and I want perfection each dropback. I hope he is what we need moving ahead though. Thanks for the film

We have him listed as a guard on Colts.com, so I don't think he will be playing tackle like in the video. You also have to understand that they were playing against LSU which is one of the better defenses in all of College football. SpecificalIy he did a good job on Bark. Mingo, and Michael Brockers who are very good players. I didn't see anything dominating in that video either, but he did his job. From what I saw I think he is better suited to play guard, and that's what they have him listed as on the website.

We have him listed as a guard on Colts.com, so I don't think he will be playing tackle like in the video. You also have to understand that they were playing against LSU which is one of the better defenses in all of College football. I agree I didn't see anything dominating in that video, but he did his job.

If more people did there job like zibs we would have more wins that's what we need some big athletic body's no more 280 pound guards

This guy has potential.

Not to say that he will be our starting guard anytime soon, but usually tackles that move to guard play better, just look at Link.

If he is a guard, which is what I saw on the article, he will be one of the bigger guards in the league at 6'5" 342 lbs.

That is a lot of man going at DTs and LBs