Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Should Be Starting @ ILB

ProblChld32

This is true, my point is some individuals may prefer to have Conner in over Freeman of Freeman over Pat. Was just wondering what some others opinion was on the Subject matter.

I've never been that impressed with Conner tell ya the truth, he doesn't bring that hard hitting run stuffing presence that we need every down, I think Fokou is just as good as Conner if not better, But neither should be asked to cover

if people are curious we signed OLB Monte Simmons to the practice squad to replace Jerry Brown

Mike Chappell@mchappell51

#colts sign OLB monte simmons to practice squad. took spot of OLB jerry brown.

Why more LB's? Don't we have enough of those already?

But then again, with Mathis & Freeney being Injured on & off, guess we could never have too many OLB's

I agree with Angerer and Freeman part, rotating in Conner and Fokuo. get that nose straightend out, some guys healthy...we may actually have a pretty good defense. you can tell the differense with mathis and redding in there. even moala was playing pretty good.

Pat, Freeman, Fokou, & Connor

^^ Can ANY of them play OLB? Imagine those 4 on the Field & having Freeney & Mathis at DE & Nevis, Redding or Chapman or whoever at NT

Geesh, that would be GREAT!

having freeney and mathis as 34 defensive ends would be the opposite of great.....and none of those guys could play olb

It doesn't really matter because all four of them are going to play but I would say once Angerer gets back into shape (he admitted to being out of it after Sunday's game) that it will be Angerer and Freeman with Conner and Fokou spelling them. Angerer and Freeman are tackling machines which is what you need out of your MLBs in a 3-4.

I just wish that either Freeman or Angerer were thumpers at ILB, they tackle very well dragging down the ball carrier but dont provide alot of pop in there hits which can lead to runners gaining extra yards or especially Angerer bouncing off of the runner sometimes, No one really thinks twice about running up the middle at them which is concerning

I just wish that either Freeman or Angerer were thumpers at ILB, they tackle very well dragging down the ball carrier but dont provide alot of pop in there hits which can lead to runners gaining extra yards or especially Angerer bouncing off of the runner sometimes, No one really thinks twice about running up the middle at them which is concerning

Like hard hitting is over stated if you look at jets game if we had guys with proper form and tackle we win that game , moise and Conner have some pop doe

Like hard hitting is over stated if you look at jets game if we had guys with proper form and tackle we win that game , moise and Conner have some pop doe

still need turnovers forced by or front 7, our secondary is not going to do it at least this year

In today's nfl u need linebackers that can run cover and tackle hit hard no so much cause u get flagged for hard hits anyway

Its not really the hard hits. Its where the helmet hits the opposing player that gets flags. You can still wrap up and tackle someone technically sound and lay the wood on someone at the same time. Players dont have to go helmet to helmet. Now I do believe the NFL calls a lot a penalties on hits that were actually within the rules.