Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

In the future I can see us being like the 49ers.

Stephen

Good running game excellent defense The difference being luck will prob be better than alex smith.

I'm going to engage in some hyperbole here, but I'll wager by the end of this season, Luck will be better than Smith.

And let me preface that by saying I don't see anything special about Smith whatsoever so maybe my view is biased in that regard.

I'm going to engage in some hyperbole here, but I'll wager by the end of this season, Luck will be better than Smith.

And let me preface that by saying I don't see anything special about Smith whatsoever so maybe my view is biased in that regard.

I guarantee you Luck will be better than Smith by the end of the year, if he's not already better than Smith. Do you know how long it has taken Smith to look like he currently looks? Even with Smiths current status he's nothing to lose a whole lot of sleep over.

I guarantee you Luck will be better than Smith by the end of the year, if he's not already better than Smith. Do you know how long it has taken Smith to look like he currently looks? Even with Smiths current status he's nothing to lose a whole lot of sleep over.

True, Alex Smith isn't exactly a game changer, but he's had a different offensive coordinator like almost every year since he was drafted. That's always going to delay a QB's development, but his skills may be salvageable. If he gets a ring this year it'll be the Eli Effect until he gets another one....though I'm not saying Eli is in any way shape or form not a good player.

True, Alex Smith isn't exactly a game changer, but he's had a different offensive coordinator like almost every year since he was drafted. That's always going to delay a QB's development, but his skills may be salvageable. If he gets a ring this year it'll be the Eli Effect until he gets another one....though I'm not saying Eli is in any way shape or form not a good player.

Smith had a pretty brutal introduction to the NFL his first couple of years I'll say that. He's got a chance to get a ring this year, but I'm not so sure if that will happen with the Giants always sticking their foot out to trip the 49ers up. I know the niners were ready to get some revenge in this years regular season game, but they got tripped up again by the Giants. There are other teams from the NFC as well that could derail their Super Bowl hopes.

Smith had a pretty brutal introduction to the NFL his first couple of years I'll say that. He's got a chance to get a ring this year, but I'm not so sure if that will happen with the Giants always sticking their foot out to trip the 49ers up. I know the niners were ready to get some revenge in this years regular season game, but they got tripped up again by the Giants. There are other teams from the NFC as well that could derail their Super Bowl hopes.

Yep, Falcons and Bears come to mind. Even the Vikings have beat the 49ers once...yikes. When they have an off game, they have an off game lol. Not what you'd expect from a SB contender, but everyone said the same thing about the Giants last year.

It's amazing to me that Smith is still on the same team! I thought at one point he was going to get ran out of

the NFL, but I guess God had a plan for him. That's the only thing I can sum it up to because if it had of been

any other qb, they would have gotten cut and on another team by now.

Yep, Falcons and Bears come to mind. Even the Vikings have beat the 49ers once...yikes. When they have an off game, they have an off game lol. Not what you'd expect from a SB contender, but everyone said the same thing about the Giants last year.

Green Bay didn't play them that well in this years game, but they are another team that could be a thorn in SF side if they

meet up in the playoffs. Heck even Seattle took the 49ers down to the wire just last week.

Green Bay didn't play them that well in this years game, but they are another team that could be a thorn in SF side if they

meet up in the playoffs. Heck even Seattle took the 49ers down to the wire just last week.

It's a long shot, but Seattle could be a dark horse like they were a few years ago when they knocked the Saints out of the playoffs. Green Bay will be a thorn in everybody's side if they make the postseason again...unless we see another fluke like last year's. The NFC is almost as unpredictable as the AFC when it comes to predicting playoff spots. The 49ers will probably shoot themselves in the foot or play just inconsistent enough to lose in the postseason again. Unless they step it up from this point forward.

I think we should aim for what the Texans have in terms of how to model our new era into.. Excellent front 7 on defense which helps there Corners quite a bit, a dominant O Line the majority of the time who plays as a unit, play calling thats balanced to set up play action, The Texans do a good job of making alot of there plays look different but in actuality many of them are the same plays

I don't want a defense like the 49ers and Texans. their defense only been good for 1 and a less than half of a season. i want a good consistent defense like the Steelers and Ravens have been producing year in and year out over the past decade. but I would lean more to the Steelers because they had a franchise qb to go along with their defense for the majority of the decade

It's a long shot, but Seattle could be a dark horse like they were a few years ago when they knocked the Saints out of the playoffs. Green Bay will be a thorn in everybody's side if they make the postseason again...unless we see another fluke like last year's. The NFC is almost as unpredictable as the AFC when it comes to predicting playoff spots. The 49ers will probably shoot themselves in the foot or play just inconsistent enough to lose in the postseason again. Unless they step it up from this point forward.

I'm wanting to include Chicago as another team that could give them(49ers) some trouble, but I don't know if I trust Cutler and the Bears offense in that game.

I'm sitting here watching Bears vs Lions now and it looks like the Bears are going to win. I am really confused as to why the Lions let another year go by without getting themselves a quality running back. Who in the heck is Leshoure? And why do they keep waiting on the offensive version of Bob Sanders(Jahvid Best) to get healthy enough to get back on the field. That man has been on IR every year since he came in the league. The Bears have shut them out because of it.

The Bears D-Line is something serious.

I'm wanting to include Chicago as another team that could give them(49ers) some trouble, but I don't know if I trust Cutler and the Bears offense in that game.

I'm sitting here watching Bears vs Lions now and it looks like the Bears are going to win. I am really confused as to why the Lions let another year go by without getting themselves a quality running back. Who in the heck is Leshoure? And why do they keep waiting on the offensive version of Bob Sanders(Jahvid Best) to get healthy enough to get back on the field. That man has been on IR every year since he came in the league. The Bears have shut them out because of it.

The Bears D-Line is something serious.

I like Cutler to Marshall, Cutler to Bennett. These guys are coming to play, Cutler even played hurt tonight. The Lions are just laughable this year. It's not like Best was anything special in the first place (despite his name) and Leshoure doesn't seem to be capable of getting the job done. Granted, this is a very good Bears defense...I'm sure Peppers and Urlacher make a lot of RBs look average. They made Tebow look pretty good though hahahaha.

I like Cutler to Marshall, Cutler to Bennett. These guys are coming to play, Cutler even played hurt tonight. The Lions are just laughable this year. It's not like Best was anything special in the first place (despite his name) and Leshoure doesn't seem to be capable of getting the job done. Granted, this is a very good Bears defense...I'm sure Peppers and Urlacher make a lot of RBs look average. They made Tebow look pretty good though hahahaha.

You're right! Best was not a world beater in any way. I don't know if it has something to do with his contract or what it is, but they just keep hanging on to that dude like they are awaiting the next coming of Earl Campbell or something. They need to be slapped if they don't get another RB next season. Seriously!

You're right! Best was not a world beater in any way. I don't know if it has something to do with his contract or what it is, but they just keep hanging on to that dude like they are awaiting the next coming of Earl Campbell or something. They need to be slapped if they don't get another RB next season. Seriously!

Silas Redd, your name is on the short list...hahaha. Knowing the Lions, though, they will draft two defensive lineman with their first two picks, grab a safety in the third, and then look for a RB. haha Montee Ball could be another option, and since runningbacks aren't really being snapped up early in drafts, the Lions could probably have their choice of either, even if somehow they do end up drafting later than the top ten...I doubt it though lol.

Silas Redd, your name is on the short list...hahaha. Knowing the Lions, though, they will draft two defensive lineman with their first two picks, grab a safety in the third, and then look for a RB. haha Montee Ball could be another option, and since runningbacks aren't really being snapped up early in drafts, the Lions could probably have their choice of either, even if somehow they do end up drafting later than the top ten...I doubt it though lol.

I didn't think they had an adequate number 2 receiver on that squad last year either, and to me they still don't have one even with Titus Young. Whoever is buying the groceries for that team needs to get off the moonshine. They've done a good job on the DL, but everywhere else other than QB could use some improvement.

:funny::lol: Yeah, only if we can borrow Wade Phillips, Johnathan Joseph, and JJ Swatt first... :spit: The Texans have now certainly ARRIVED IMO. :thmup:

Yep, the key three pieces hahaha. I'm sure you can find another good quality corner somewhere but Watt is a unique prospect, that motor never stops going! :number1:

How about 2001 Patriots? Grind it out... timely passing, good play action, high percentage.... bend but don't break defense that is physical and doesn't give up a lot of points.

Actually, that comparison has legitimate merit to it Ohio Colt. Heck, we've got the same FG kicker right? haha Whose gonna be our Tedy Bruschi and Lawyer Milloy BTW?

tumblr_lv2zyi3Flc1qh7pj9o1_400.jpg

Looks like the WR position just got worse for them. Burleson now has a broken leg and is out for the season.

I'll play the advocate and say I can see us being the Browns.

Hey, it's possible.

Unless you're talkin' that our offensive line in gonna be littered and overflowing with studs like Joe Thomas, FX please don't even say that with a straight face my friend. I'd like to win a division title under a new regime within a decade.

nfl_a_jthomas_sy_576.jpg

The 49ers have a great defense and a really good running attack but Alex Smith is nothing to write home about, that's for sure! If Smith was on another team he probably would be a backup QB! That's why I don't think they'll ever win a Superbowl with him at QB, despite their great defense! If you notice the teams that usually win the Superbowl, are teams with great QB's, Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Ben Rothlesberger just to name a few. I believe Andrew will be up there with those guys within 2 or 3 years, and by that time I feel our defense will be very good through good draft choices and free agent aquisitions! I don't think we need to be like anyone else, within a few years we will have established our own identity, and after that I feel we will be perrenial contenders for the Lombardi trophy for years to come!