Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

From Arians & Kravitz...

NewColtsFan

The game write-up from the IndyStar.... has an interesting quote from Arians, which I've pasted... and a good observation from Kravitz which I've also pasted...

Good food for thought. Some posters here have been preaching this since Day One.

Said interim coach Bruce Arians: "That was a better balanced football team today and we have to stay that way. We can't be one dimensional and we don't want to be. It leads to chunks for us where we can run the ball and have the hard plays action, and Andrew (Luck) will live longer.''

Consider this: This was the first time all season the Colts had the same offensive line cast in two consecutive weeks. O-line play is all about continuity and trust, and you could start to see it developing as Vick Ballard and Delone Carter continually ripped off nice runs, especially on first down.

He got 11 carries. That's quite a few for a back-up RB. Also, Ballard was better. That much was obvious. The run game was better today, but I'm gonna hold off any excitement until we have a decent running game against someone, well...besides the Browns.

It was definitely promising though.

He got 11 carries. That's quite a few for a back-up RB. Also, Ballard was better. That much was obvious. The run game was better today, but I'm gonna hold off any excitement until we have a decent running game against someone, well...besides the Browns.

It was definitely promising though.

I dont agree with that. I think were prtty good, but had Delone gottent eh same amount of carries i think he would have the 100 yards.

is pointless anyways all we all want is a freaking rushing attack.

I must say that I am beginning to warm to Arians. I have not seen any craziness in play calling since he became the interim Head Coach. Nor have I seen anything that tells me Steelers' fans were correct about him. And he has carried himself well with the media.

With regard to Krapitz's "observations". Screw'em.

Perhaps his stint as the interim will serve him well going forward.

Giving him a better, hands on, view of the overall team approach to a game plan could give him a better approach to offensive play calling.

I loved the fact that we ran for 148 yards. I can't remember the last time we did that.

And the defense played well without Mathis and Redding.

All Luck had to do was manage the game and he did exactly that, not targeting one guy in particular.

I think that may have been Addais rookie year lol. its been so long haha

It was the Cleveland Browns Run Defense Folks........

I'll still take it.

Sorry but I will.

And I love hearing this team wants to be balanced and they at least TRY. Too many offenses these days seem to go away from the run. Heck they go away from the run when it is working. I think a lot of QBs pad stats too so that doesn't help......everyone wants those records it seems.

Balance is so important....we all know a good running game opens up the passing game. If we can run, then Luck doesn't have to be the man every week and he can manage a game more effectively. Keep the defenses honest so they'll have to look for the run or the pass.

It is true that the Brown's run defense is roughly 26th in the league, but in three of the first six games were against the Eagles, Giants, and Baltimore. All of those teams are capable rushing teams.

Although, it has only been six games, the Browns had a worse rushing D last year than the Colts.