Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reitz Expected to Play

HtownColt

Hmmmm, Link's playing really well.

I may have said different a couple of weeks ago, but I think they should stick with Link for now. He's been performing really well the last 2 weeks. I hate Link, but you don't pull a guy who has been performing for a guy who's coming off an injury.

Stick with Link for now, or at least until he screws up.

I may have said different a couple of weeks ago, but I think they should stick with Link for now. He's been performing really well the last 2 weeks. I hate Link, but you don't pull a guy who has been performing for a guy who's coming off an injury.

No way

yes way... Unless your probable you should not be on the field period cause you hurt your team not being 100%... You might as well be a backup

That's a generalization, if I ever heard one. The questionable tag is about as gray an area you can get in the NFL. Means different things for different teams. There are players in the league who have played an entire season listed as questionable. Fact is, Reitz had a full practice yesterday with no setbacks and says he's ready to go. Why on earth wouldn't you want to start one of your starters when they're available to play, unless they had a setback or something in the week leading up to the game? I'll take Reitz at 90% over Link at 100%, anyday.

Link did a solid job (for him) filling in during Reitz' absence....but it's time for him to take a seat now. No offense

That's a generalization, if I ever heard one. The questionable tag is about as gray an area you can get in the NFL. Means different things for different teams. There are players in the league who have played an entire season listed as questionable. Fact is, Reitz had a full practice yesterday with no setbacks and says he's ready to go. Why on earth wouldn't you want to start one of your starters when they're available to play, unless they had a setback or something in the week leading up to the game? I'll take Reitz at 90% over Link at 100%, anyday.

Link did a solid job (for him) filling in during Reitz' absence....but it's time for him to take a seat now. No offense

I can't remember the last time Reitz played... I think if he is active tomorrow its a non issue cause he's going to start but I don't agree with that cause he's just gonna set the team back because it's not like he's a pro boiler.... The oline was pretty good last week and link looks like he's been playing pretty well at the guard position

Link is more consistent when opening up holes in the running game (not good just more consistent) from what I remember about Reitz. Right now Luck needs pass protection in my opinion, the slight upgrade that I believe Link offers in the run game is not enough to warrant his below average to bad pass blocking skills in my opinion

I can't remember the last time Reitz played... I think if he is active tomorrow its a non issue cause he's going to start but I don't agree with that cause he's just gonna set the team back because it's not like he's a pro boiler.... The oline was pretty good last week and link looks like he's been playing pretty well at the guard position

Reitz was arguably our best linemen in preseason before he got hurt, so while he may not be a pro bowler (yet) he's certainly more than deserving to get the nod over Linkenbach at this point.

Link is more consistent when opening up holes in the running game (not good just more consistent) from what I remember about Reitz. Right now Luck needs pass protection in my opinion, the slight upgrade that I believe Link offers in the run game is not enough to warrant his below average to bad pass blocking skills in my opinion

I don't agree with the 1st part. Reitz was probably our best interior linemen in both the run and pass.

Link's been very good in the pass and run blocking department the last 2 weeks.

Stick with the hot guy.

I wouldn't call anyone on our line "hot" right now. Link is a solid backup who was serviceable in our starter's absence, nothing more. Reitz is our starter, and so long as he isn't hampered by his injury, he should get the start

Reitz was arguably our best linemen in preseason before he got hurt, so while he may not be a pro bowler (yet) he's certainly more than deserving to get the nod over Linkenbach at this point.

I don't agree with the 1st part. Reitz was probably our best interior linemen in both the run and pass.

I wouldn't call anyone on our line "hot" right now. Link is a solid backup who was serviceable in our starter's absence, nothing more. Reitz is our starter, and so long as he isn't hampered by his injury, he should get the start

What I'm trying to say is that he's been performing well the last few weeks, which is why I'd like to stick with him. The second he screws up is when you put Reitz in the game. It's risky putting Reitz in as he hasn't played since August. You can't just put him back in based on how he played against a bunch of backups in the preseason.

I'd like to see how Link does this week and then see if Reitz is deserving to go back in there over Link.

What I'm trying to say is that he's been performing well the last few weeks, which is why I'd like to stick with him. The second he screws up is when you put Reitz in the game. It's risky putting Reitz in as he hasn't played since August. You can't just put him back in based on how he played against a bunch of backups in the preseason.

I'd like to see how Link does this week and then see if Reitz is deserving to go back in there over Link.

You say this like Reitz wasn't our starter for 9 games last year. He has been showing promise since the end of last season, and has done nothing but continue to improve upon that in the pre-season. And if you want to discredit how impressive he was in preseason, that's fine but he wasn't playing against backups.

I really can't believe i'm actually having to defend myself in saying that we should start Reitz over Jeff Linkenbach...... I've seen it all now.

I'm not gonna say Reitz isn't good but he was never great for the Colts.... And ever since linkenbach has taken over that spot there hasn't been a whole lot of penetration from defenses whole running unless it's a blitz

Even if Link's done a better than expected job filling in for Reitz, I still think we should play Reitz. Link is about as good as he's going to get in this league and Reitz still has upside left on the table. Unless the veteran's a clear upgrade, and I don't think he is, you play the guy who still hasn't peaked yet.

Who knows, if Reitz can develop by the end of the year that's one less need we have to address. With Link, even if he plays OK the rest of this year, we'd still want that spot fixed for the long term.

Let me see should we play our starting left guard who many think is our second best o-lineman or should we keep playing a tackle playing out of poistion at guard and who is the back up's back up?

This is not a hard decision you pat Link on the back tell him job well done and go back to Reitz unless he gives you a reason to go back to Link. While Link has played well the past couple of weeks he not played SO well that you have to have him on the field which IMO is the only way a back up takes a starting job away from a hurt player (for an example of this look at Brady filling in for Bledsoe)

I'm not gonna say Reitz isn't good but he was never great for the Colts.... And ever since linkenbach has taken over that spot there hasn't been a whole lot of penetration from defenses whole running unless it's a blitz

Reitz hasn't been here long enough to be great. He was extremely raw when he got here. The guy didn't even play college football. He was a basketball player converted to a TE/tackle. Then when he got here we played him at guard. He's athletic for his size, smart and strong enough to be a top shelf linemen in the future. The guy has the potential to be a building block on our line for years to come once he actually gets on the field.

Reitz hasn't been here long enough to be great. He was extremely raw when he got here. The guy didn't even play college football. He was a basketball player converted to a TE/tackle. Then when he got here we played him at guard. He's athletic for his size, smart and strong enough to be a top shelf linemen in the future. The guy has the potential to be a building block on our line for years to come once he actually gets on the field.

It's all about cohesion and I think when Reitz comes back he's gonna set the line back a bit..... I guess we'll find out how good he is when he comes back but this line has gotten better

You say this like Reitz wasn't our starter for 9 games last year. He has been showing promise since the end of last season, and has done nothing but continue to improve upon that in the pre-season. And if you want to discredit how impressive he was in preseason, that's fine but he wasn't playing against backups.

I really can't believe i'm actually having to defend myself in saying that we should start Reitz over Jeff Linkenbach...... I've seen it all now.

Im not trying to say Reitz isn't bad, or has been bad in the past. I think he's a fine guard, and performed well last year.

For starters, he didn't face a tough test in the preseason, nor did he play more than a full game (total, throughout the 3 games he played in). The preseason is not a good place to tell if a player will do well or not. Look at Gabbert this year, or Cam Newton last year.

Hey, I don't like Link one bit. I've publicly shown my anger towards him the last couple of years, however, he's been performing well the last few weeks and I'd say he's less of a question mark than Reitz, who's hasn't played in 2 months, and had his first full contact practice yesterday.

It's not that Link is doing so badly that he needs to be taking out. Keep Link in for now and give Reitz another week is all I'm saying.

It's all about cohesion and I think when Reitz comes back he's gonna set the line back a bit..... I guess we'll find out how good he is when he comes back but this line has gotten better

The interior of the line is still a mess, in my opinion. That's why we can't run the ball. Sad to say, but our most effective blockers in the run game right now have actually been our TE's (Allen) and receivers (Wayne.) If you noticed in the Packers game, all of our big gains came from when Brown bounced it outside to the same side of the TE or a bunch set. We also motion Wayne frequently to the weak side to secure the edge. Our tackles are decent at run blocking but the combination of Satele, Mcglynn, Olsen and Linkenbach has amounted to a whole bunch of nothing in the run game. If anyone needs their starting job stripped, it should be Satele. He has yet to have even a respectable game this season (even before the injury)

Im not trying to say Reitz isn't bad, or has been bad in the past. I think he's a fine guard, and performed well last year.

For starters, he didn't face a tough test in the preseason, nor did he play more than a full game (total, throughout the 3 games he played in). The preseason is not a good place to tell if a player will do well or not. Look at Gabbert this year, or Cam Newton last year.

Hey, I don't like Link one bit. I've publicly shown my anger towards him the last couple of years, however, he's been performing well the last few weeks and I'd say he's less of a question mark than Reitz, who's hasn't played in 2 months, and had his first full contact practice yesterday.

It's not that Link is doing so badly that he needs to be taking out. Keep Link in for now and give Reitz another week is all I'm saying.

I simply don't agree. Link didn't play bad, but at the same time, he didn't play well enough to take the starter's job. I think how well Link has played the last 2 games is a bit overstated, at this point. He was functional as a pass blocker and didn't do much as a run blocker. Sorry, but that's not enough to unseat a starter, IMO

what?? he was solid as a back up tackle, but not so much at guard....

The interior of the line is still a mess, in my opinion. That's why we can't run the ball. Sad to say, but our most effective blockers in the run game right now have actually been our TE's (Allen) and receivers (Wayne.) If you noticed in the Packers game, all of our big gains came from when Brown bounced it outside to the same side of the TE or a bunch set. We also motion Wayne frequently to the weak side to secure the edge. Our tackles are decent at run blocking but the combination of Satele, Mcglynn, Olsen and Linkenbach has amounted to a whole bunch of nothing in the run game. If anyone needs their starting job stripped, it should be Satele. He has yet to have even a respectable game this season (even before the injury)

They looked pretty good in the jets game if it wasn't for the nonstop blitzing who knows... Satele hasn't looked very good lately but it takes time.... Look at Jeff Saturday for the packers

Ok, what makes you think he was a solid tackle.

He was so solid that every fan on this team wanted him gone.

the logic of bloodonthetrack i will never understand...

because for a back up he didn't give up a lot of pressure other than a couple plays, but that's all people tend to remember.

oh no, every fan wanted him gone...most fans are *ic. link could play like joe thomas and people would come here on monday and blame everything on him. i'm just a goober on his couch, but at least i realize it.

Cohesion going forward needs to be factored in. If Reitz is beleived to be to starter going forward and is healthy enough to play, he starts and gains more experience playing with the line mates. Costanzo will be the LT for the future, and hopefully Sat will develop as the center. If Reitz comes in, that should be the whole left side and center of the line going forward all playing together.

because for a back up he didn't give up a lot of pressure other than a couple plays, but that's all people tend to remember.

oh no, every fan wanted him gone...most fans are *ic. link could play like joe thomas and people would come here on monday and blame everything on him. i'm just a goober on his couch, but at least i realize it.

Link is putrid at tackle he is much more better at guard