Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Played Well or Poorly Against the Packers [Merge]

Coltsman1788

We don't need that kind of crap on this team. His late hit and stupid taunting ended up souring what was a good night and cost us a winable preseason game. Caldwell was visibly upset. Saw a hint of some fire in his eyes...ever so faint but I could tell that he was fuming inside. Chip Vaughn will be hard pressed to make this team now. Go play for the Jags with that type of bull crap.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't need that kind of crap on this team. His late hit and stupid taunting ended up souring what was a good night and cost us a winable preseason game. Caldwell was visibly upset. Saw a hint of some fire in his eyes...ever so faint but I could tell that he was fuming inside. Chip Vaughn will be hard pressed to make this team now. Go play for the Jags with that type of bull crap.

That's the most emotion I have ever seen from Caldwell and he took him out of the game at that very moment. Good move Coach...

I agree, I don't think he is going to make the team after Caldwell was visibly upset with him. That's saying something since Caldwell never shows emotions. He will probably be the first to be gone when the cuts start coming for the 53 man roster. I was extremely happy with the way the rest of our team played tonight. I'm almost kind of glad we lost. We are going to be under the radar, and that's what I like. Our defensive line really impressed me tonight. I can't wait for the season to start now!

Keeper - Brooks, The kid made a couple of good hands catches and at 6'2" makes a big target.

Keeper - Harris, will do an excellent job on the defensive line rotation with Nevis, Moala

and Johnson.

Goner - Vaughn, nuff said.

Goner - Ricardo Matthews, absolutely no penetration against 3rd stringers.

Who ya got???

i didnt watch that. what happen?

With the Colts up 21-13, first he comes in late on a hit and gets flagged putting the Packers deeper in our territory. I gave him the benefit of the doubt on that one though because it looked like the guy was still trying to move forward. HOWEVER, on the very next play on a dropped incompleted pass, this nut picks up the football and taunts the Packer receiver by trying to hand it to him. He was flagged for taunting and Caldwell proceeded to bench his behind. Packers of course go on to score a TD get the 2 point conversion, recover the onside kick and beat us with a field goal. Of course.

I agree, I don't think he is going to make the team after Caldwell was visibly upset with him. That's saying something since Caldwell never shows emotions. He will probably be the first to be gone when the cuts start coming for the 53 man roster. I was extremely happy with the way the rest of our team played tonight. I'm almost kind of glad we lost. We are going to be under the radar, and that's what I like. Our defensive line really impressed me tonight. I can't wait for the season to start now!

Yeah it was a really good game by the Colts which is why I am so upset. I know it's preseason and I am stupid to be angry about this but man guys like Painter, etc. really stepped up tonight and deserved to win to feel good about themselves and it was all thrown away by Chip Vaughn's *ic meltdown!

The late hit was close, the tuanting was plain stupid. But the reason the Pack moved down the field was because we played a loose prevent instead of just continuing to play the tight D and put pressure on their QB.

I couldn't care less about losing the game. Just didn't like the way it happened.

I will say I am feeling alot better about this this team now. That Dline looks really good tonight. Real good.

The late hit was close, the tuanting was plain stupid. But the reason the Pack moved down the field was because we played a loose prevent instead of just continuing to play the tight D and put pressure on their QB.

I couldn't care less about losing the game. Just didn't like the way it happened.

I am with you on that. I have no idea why they backed off at the end. It not like there third string Qb off the practice squad was going to burn us deep. He was only trying to move the ball. Colts have been known to do this.

I will say I am feeling alot better about this this team now. That Dline looks really good tonight. Real good.

I know right?! We actually contained the run the entire night and seemed to collapse the pocket that even made Rodgers uncomfortable. I find a little bit of irony in the fact that I was most optimistic about our defense entering the season after tonight....and yet it was a defensive player that cost us the game. I'm not sweating in though. I watch the pre-season because I enjoy watching a few guys fight for job opportunities and show their hustle plays. We definitely saw that tonight from our entire squad. Caldwell will not let one bad apple spoil the entire crop. Vaughn will be gone and this will be a distant memory for us fans when the season starts. Lets remember all of the good things our team showed us tonight and try not to remember the 2 nonsense penalties by one individual.

The Good

Drake Nevis - Constant pressure, and assisted on a sack

Dwight Freeney - 1.5 sacks, and was constantly putting pressure on the QB. Not like it's any different form any other game.

John Gill - Played well late in the game

Tommie Harris - Nice tipped pass, and put good pressure on the QBs

Mike Newton - Nice pick, and a bunch of nice pass deflections

David Gilreath - Couple of good returns, nice TD and played nicely overall

Reggie Wayne - Nice catches, helped out Painter... and how could we forget

Curtis "The" Painter - Really showed improvement in the game, and had a good game. Horrendous start, but had a couple of good drives, like the 7 yard TD drive. Don't go gaga over the 56 yard pass, he was wide open

The Bad

Chip Vaughn - :edit: :ref:. 2 stupid penalties late in the game, and he cost us the game. CUT HIM! He's either injured or stupid, and tonight he was stupid.

Dan Orlovsky - Useless, Gilreath did everything on the TD

Adam Vinatieri - Missed the kicked, costed us the game :(

-- Overall, a very good game, even though we lost, when we should have won. I'm very happy. :)

Chip Vaughn. :tvsmash: :cuss: :cussing: :angry: ^^^ ing * lost the game.

Reminded me of a Hank Baskett type screw up, just not in the superbowl.

I can forgive Hank Baskett for trying to make a play and simply coming up short. But when a guy costs us a chance to win because he is undisciplined and feels the need to taunt the opposing team that really ticks me off. That is so not what the Colts are about. Which is why I think dude is gone.

I know right?! We actually contained the run the entire night and seemed to collapse the pocket that even made Rodgers uncomfortable. I find a little bit of irony in the fact that I was most optimistic about our defense entering the season after tonight....and yet it was a defensive player that cost us the game. I'm not sweating in though. I watch the pre-season because I enjoy watching a few guys fight for job opportunities and show their hustle plays. We definitely saw that tonight from our entire squad. Caldwell will not let one bad apple spoil the entire crop. Vaughn will be gone and this will be a distant memory for us fans when the season starts. Lets remember all of the good things our team showed us tonight and try not to remember the 2 nonsense penalties by one individual.

You are right. Thanks man. I just needed to vent but I am feeling better now. Overall, I am encouraged by what the Colts showed tonight.

Caldwell doesnt need to show emotion at all, ppl bringing up that point makes no sense, scowling at players wont make them play any better their man not kids with that being said, this chip vaughn guy messed up big time i wouldnt be surprised though if he is cut and then plays well for another team.

Mathews certainly didn't have his best game. His worst this preseason, but he was also drawing the double team with Ogbu as the other dtackle. He did push the pocket some and is always active. If the Colts carry both Brayton and Anderson, the depth at dtackle definitely put Rico on the bubble. If he gets cut, that speaks volume for the depth at dtackle.

I agree with you that Harris will be a keeper. He showed great penetration off of the snap, and he maintained his gap well IMO. There was a lot of doubt about him being injury ridden from the past and his lack of performance in the previous two pre-season games. He definitely stepped it up tonight.

Vaughn is gone...like you said...'nuff said lmao

Brooks made some really good catches for us, but I'm also worries about our saturated WR/TE core. I personally hope there is a spot for him, but I'm not sure, especially with us having to fill an extra roster spot with a third QB.

I also feel that Gilreath really played well tonight. He's really trying to solidify himself a spot on the team. He had a really good PR, and showed his quickness on the bubble screen for a TD. It makes me curious to see if we will keep Moore over Gilreath. I personally think Gilreath is in a better position for making the team simply because he plays WR. We are over-saturated on the RB position and something will have to give. I have a feeling it will be Moore. That will open up the PR and maybe KR job to Gilreath because he plays WR. It also helps his chances because Gonzo and White are question marks with a few days until the regular season opener.

I also feel Chick played very well again tonight. He didn't have the good special teams plays he had last week, but he was still collapsing the pocket from the end, which is great. I think his job will come down to the last pre-season game. I really like him and hope he makes the team.

I already knew Snow was going to make the team because of his job title, but I just wanted to point out he was always one of the first people down there on Kick offs and punts. He is showing great hustle to me.

oh my lord. really? like seriously dude, you couldnt just let your team enjoy the satisfaction of a hard earned, well played, SUPPOSED to be victory? i understand special teams lost the game for us, but whos to say that if it wasn't for the 2 penalties that the packers would have even had the oppurtunity to do that? wow, ruined my night , pre season or not that is totally un professional and not the colt way. by the way my first post on the FORUM ever :) after reading this for 2 and a half years i couldnt resist.

Vaughn slipped the noose around his neck, then kicked the chair. He is off the roster

for sure, otherwise it was an excellent performance by the Colts.

Still ragged off about the Vaughn plays, he ^^^ ed up a whole team effort in

two bonehead actions. :bomb:

this is vaughn.. :sorry: , this is caldwell .. :cuss:

Im a donald brown fan but im sorry carter is better i dont understand why they are starting james infront of carter though he had some good runs. if vaughn isnt cut i wouldnt be surprised but then again if he is then that wouldnt be a surprise either.