Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Played Well or Poorly Against the Packers [Merge]

Coltsman1788

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommie Harris saved his spot tonight. With his injuries and the exceptional play by others along our line he was on the ropes, IMO. Not anymore.

Chris Brooks and Taj Smith are battling for a spot, IMO. Only one will get through, and I can't help but give the nod to Brooks right now. However, if we're really leery of Gonzo, we may keep both. Would like to see what Brooks could do with Peyton in a 4 WR set...

Chip Vaughn earned a trip to the unemployment office tonight.

I agree with you on that one. I have been saying for a few weeks not that I think Carter will be the #2 back for the Colts by the end of the season. I feel that the Colts will continue to give Brown some opportunities in the first half of the season simply because he was drafted so high. If he continues to not produce the way Carter can, I really see Carter being our #2 back (hopefully) going into the playoffs.

what you might be forgetting is the Caldwell was shown after Chip's first penalty, and he was very upset. Both penalties were ridiculous (late hit, taunting) both 15 yards and both negating good plays by our defense. We don't need thugs on our team.

Preseason. Who cares? They played well tonight and Curtis led his team over Rodgers and his team.

brown will be Addai's backup. Carter brings a whole new dimension (rough and tumble, fiercely aggressive runner)

What dimension does Brown bring? I really think if the Colts look at it honestly, Carter beats him out for #2.

Heck, James looks better than Brown so far.

Yess!!! i love donald but right now he just isnt cutting it maybe that will change but carter is not afraid to take it to the edge and thats what the colts have always needed.

The Colt's have always needed someone to take it to the edge? No the Colt's have always needed someone to take it up the gut, screen passes are way more effective than taking it to the edge. Off tackle is what the Colt's need, Addai had a couple nice ones tonight

why would you give a guy with 3 games experience a spot over a guy who has done well in rushing before (his rookie year, and late last year). Donald also didn't get that many snaps, Carter did. If Carter clearly beats out and does better than Brown during the year, then he deserves the spot, but right now, NO, he's a 3rd stringer. Like I said before, ont se calme.

The Colt's have always needed someone to take it to the edge? No the Colt's have always needed someone to take it up the gut, screen passes are way more effective than taking it to the edge. Off tackle is what the Colt's need, Addai had a couple nice ones tonight

I basically meant backs who arent scared to leave their blocks and try to get their own yards even when there's containment on the outside... i call going on the outside the edge, its not the right term but i use it anyway.

I am not a Brown fan, but I would like to point out that I felt he made some very good blocks to give Painter an extra second or two in the pocket. I can remember two occasions where he blocked a free runner to the QB. I have seen improvement in his blocking skills. That is about it though. I feel Carter is a better back than Brown, but Brown has shown me that he is willing to learn how to block which is a plus.

I think its just bad coaching. Vaughn should have been coached to not do those things and he should have been pulled on the first late hit 15 yard mental lapse. What was up with that pathetic attempt to counter a onside kick. Deer In The Headlights again Jim? Jim Caldwell is the worst coach in the leage in a close game with little time left.

I think its just bad coaching. Vaughn should have been coached to not do those things and he should have been pulled on the first late hit 15 yard mental lapse. What was up with that pathetic attempt to counter a onside kick. Deer In The Headlights again Jim? Jim Caldwell is the worst coach in the leage in a close game with little time left.

Cleary you did not watch the game. Caldwell blew a gasket over Vaughn. He yanked him out of the game threw his hat and head set and was going off on him. It was the maddest I've ever seen Caldwell.

Also I was at the game the late hit was questionable at best. Yes Vaughn touched him but didn't do anything to really warrent a flag. The second one was just stupid on his part which is when Caldwell lost it.

Cleary you did not watch the game. Caldwell blew a gasket over Vaughn. He yanked him out of the game threw his hat and head set and was going off on him. It was the maddest I've ever seen Caldwell.

Also I was at the game the late hit was questionable at best. Yes Vaughn touched him but didn't do anything to really warrent a flag. The second one was just stupid on his part which is when Caldwell lost it.

Chip speared a defenseless reciever in the back after the whistle. If Jim blew a gasket and yanked Chip after the 15 yarder then he very well couldnt have had the Taunting penalty which in the game I saw Chippy did.

Chip speared a defenseless reciever in the back after the whistle. If Jim blew a gasket and yanked Chip after the 15 yarder then he very well couldnt have had the Taunting penalty which in the game I saw Chippy did.

Yes he did. From where we were it didn't look that bad. Granted I was at the game and was watching to see what the Packers were going to do and only saw it out of the corner of my eye and heard everyone around me mad and said he didn't do much. Either way coaches will normally let you make one mistake. It's the second one that gets you in trouble and that's exactly what happened to Chip. He made the second one and Caldwell lost it on him. It's how most coaches would handled it. So I think you are just trying to blame Caldwell to blame Caldwell. It was Chip Vaughn who did the stupid things, not Caldwell. Also the other 89 players on the roster didn't do anything stupid in fact they combined for one other flag all night, a false start. So I'll give Caldwell credit for coaching up the other 89 guys rather than blame him for the one guy who made the stupid mistakes.

That wasn't taunting anymore than Reggie's finger pointing on his td. A nonsense call.

I thought we intentionally lost preseason games anyway? Prevent defense near the goalline? Nice job Caldwell

Reggie's finger point was to Painter and a really nice moment.

Yes he did. From where we were it didn't look that bad. Granted I was at the game and was watching to see what the Packers were going to do and only saw it out of the corner of my eye and heard everyone around me mad and said he didn't do much. Either way coaches will normally let you make one mistake. It's the second one that gets you in trouble and that's exactly what happened to Chip. He made the second one and Caldwell lost it on him. It's how most coaches would handled it. So I think you are just trying to blame Caldwell to blame Caldwell. It was Chip Vaughn who did the stupid things, not Caldwell. Also the other 89 players on the roster didn't do anything stupid in fact they combined for one other flag all night, a false start. So I'll give Caldwell credit for coaching up the other 89 guys rather than blame him for the one guy who made the stupid mistakes.

I disagree. It was greives, practically the only penalty so far in the entire game and in the last few seconds. Its not just this it goes back to last year when in every game I see something boneheaded Jim does. Even in the year before that he did that stuff but I gave him the new coach pass. Not anymore.. Thankfully its only preseason. I also cant get that huge smile on his face when he blew games for us out of my mind I wanted to punch him. I sure as heck wasnt smiling. I admit is was nice to see him get mad I could tell he was seething after the first 15 yarder let alone the second. WhatTheHeck was that attempt on the onside kick with the Colts. Can someone explain to me that one?

Why would he do that? Was they celebrating Painter's second td or something?

Caldwell lost this game, again.

Did Caldwell commit two stupid pentalies? Did Caldwell not make the stop on fourth down or the two point play? Did Caldwell not recover the onside kick? Did Caldwell not get a stop after the onside kick? The players on the field didn't exicute that's why we lost the game. I am tired of this everytime we win it's inspite of Caldwell and every time we lose it's his fault attitude.

Did Caldwell commit two stupid pentalies? Did Caldwell not make the stop on fourth down or the two point play? Did Caldwell not recover the onside kick? Did Caldwell not get a stop after the onside kick? The players on the field didn't exicute that's why we lost the game. I am tired of this everytime we win it's inspite of Caldwell and every time we lose it's his fault attitude.

This, mostly. I really don't think our effort defensively on the 2 point conversion was all that great. We looked like we were trying to defend a 3rd and 20 rather than a 4th and 2.

I also honestly don't think the thought of an on-side kick ever entered his mind. He, being brought up in, and continuing to run the ultra-conservative Dungy system, legitimately thought they would play for OT in a PS game. It was an obvious onside situation, and it seemed like no one on the field or our coaching staff knew it was coming. Maybe we did, and maybe we were just ready to quit... I'd like to think not, though, because a win over such a good team would go a long way to boost some confidence in the younger players. We didn't need the win, but it would have been nice for some of the guys.

Good return and nice TD, definitely worth the spot, better than Taj. Has a tone of potential

I think Taj has more value to us being a player on special teams than he does as a returner. I would love to see him make the roster for that but I am not sure there will be enough roster spots for him unless White is on IR and a guy like Gonzo or Collie joins him quickly.