Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Played Well or Poorly Against the Packers [Merge]

Coltsman1788

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lefeged did do well at KR, but I dont see it as a big worry this year anyway with Touchbacks almost every kick in most games. Gilreath did play well, and Brooks also played great... So how many wideouts make the roster? -- Reggie, Garcon, Collie, Gonzo, White, Brooks, Gilreath, Taj?? 8 Wideouts seems like a big number. Taj was our 'special' special teamer last year, but wont actually play much WR, tho he did have a nice catch tonight.

Lefeged did do well at KR, but I dont see it as a big worry this year anyway with Touchbacks almost every kick in most games. Gilreath did play well, and Brooks also played great... So how many wideouts make the roster? -- Reggie, Garcon, Collie, Gonzo, White, Brooks, Gilreath, Taj?? 8 Wideouts seems like a big number. Taj was our 'special' special teamer last year, but wont actually play much WR, tho he did have a nice catch tonight.

Frankly it's going to come down to health for a lot of them. We know Reggie and Garcon are good to go. Collie and Gonzo have both been battling injuries but I have a feeling if it were a real game one or both would be out there. White has been on the PUP all of camp. I am not so sure the Colts don't have plans just to stick him on IR since we have Reggie, Garcon, and Gonzo all in contract years. Gilreath, Taj, and Brooks are probably all playing for one spot unless of course there is injuries. Gilreath's return skills give him an edge over Taj and Brooks at the moment. Brooks will probably end on the practice squad I bet.

I would say our D-line did a good job. 4 sacks on Rogers (who is a very mobile QB).

Nevis continues to impress me.

Harris got good pressure too.

Angerer looked like he took a bad angle on that touchdown pass in the 1st. Otherwise that was good coverage.

I'm going to put D. Brown in the "good" category. Had some really good blocks. On one play I think he took 2 defenders out of the play.

The bad:

Pass blocking. I know this is a blitz happy D but come on. Give your QB more than 2 seconds. Harrison was in the backfield before Painter even got the ball.

Angerer looked like he took a bad angle on that touchdown pass in the 1st. Otherwise that was good coverage.

He should have known better. We run that route with Clark consistently. He should have known he had TE responsibility and not have gotten caught with his pants down creeping up to the line like that.

Absolutely. If he doesn't come in after Joe then something stinks. DB is good if he can get a decent hole, but he never does it on his own.

No running back ever does do it on his own. Short of Barry Sanders, a back is only as good as his line in most cases.

carter is taking it. its more typical of the colts to give someone like brown another chance, but they would be crazy not to put carter in the way that beast is playing

Brown will be the #2, I promise you. At least until mid-season.

Im a donald brown fan but im sorry carter is better i dont understand why they are starting james infront of carter though he had some good runs. if vaughn isnt cut i wouldnt be surprised but then again if he is then that wouldnt be a surprise either.

Donald Brown has had proven success in real NFL games. Carter has not. There is no proof, whatsoever, that he is better. People like him right now because he has flashes in pre-season games, and he's the new kid. Everyone on these boards always assumes the new guy is better. Brown has also dramatically improved his pass blocking; or so it seems.

I guarantee you, Brown will still be #2.

Did anyone else see Jerry Hughes get chip blocked by the Tight End in the second quarter? He didn't get touched by the RT, the TE chipped him and put him on the ground like he was a little 3 year old girl. Not only took him out of the play but it took everyone on the D-line except for Freeney out of the play.

Absolutely!!! He has excellent instincts and runs hard with the ball, but he

can't let the ball hit the turf no matter what.

Brown runs the ball like a :cat:, I really can't stand to watch him take a snap.

Want Carter as # 2., he has to be able to block for QB as good / bad as Drown, & g he makes runs for positive yardage when brown would have been stopped

sure not as good as brown out of the backfield for a catch, but give him more tries, at least he can catch a short screen and doesnt need open space as creates his own and gets through tacklers

Absolutely!!! He has excellent instincts and runs hard with the ball, but he

can't let the ball hit the turf no matter what.

Brown runs the ball like a :cat:, I really can't stand to watch him take a snap.

Want Carter as # 2., he has to be able to block for QB as good / bad as Drown, & g he makes runs for positive yardage when brown would have been stopped

sure not as good as brown out of the backfield for a catch, but give him more tries, at least he can catch a short screen and doesnt need open space as creates his own and gets through tacklers

I really liked what i seen out of him tonight,great movement,he knew where he was on the field and made lots of plays out of situations that should have been losses or short yardage...

Carter continues to impress me as well. Let's not forget to credit the Oline, which is making progress. Carter won't be supplanting Brown to start the season, but he's starting to show potential to be the best every down back we've had since EJ. I'm not saying he'd ever get that many touches, situationally though he appears to have what it takes whether it's 3rd & short or 1st & 10. Carter is a huge upgrade in short yardage and can do things running between the tackles that nobody else on the roster can accomplish. What he brings to the table is a welcome change......been a long time.

I feel if Carter gets more touches he can become a serious weapon. Good power and he has a forward lean, something that the Colts have not had in a long time. If the Colts ran a two back set I could see Addai and Carter being a good combo. It is offical I'm on the Carter bandwagon

not yet, he's only been in 3 games, ont se calme.

That's actually The reason I'd prefer to see Carter over Brown. I've seen Brown for nearly 3 years now, and he hasnt impressed. We know, and have seen what brown is capable of, but Carter is still a mystery. Time for his shot.

Guest BlueShoe

Partly because we are keeping three quarterbacks, it is very likely that we will only keep five receivers on the 53.

White can (and probably will) go on PUP for six weeks and Gilreath is eligible for his first year of the practice squad. Chris Brooks should still have one year of practice squad eligibility left.

So I wouldn't be surprised to see us start the season with Wayne, Collie, Garcon, Gonzalez, and Smith with Gilreath and Brooks on the practice squad.

Now - IF Gonzalez is PUP'ed or IR'ed (we are talking about Gonzalez here) then it would be interesting as to which one they would bring up from the practice squad. Do we bring up the big guy with strength or the fast guy with shifty quick moves? I think a lot of that will depend on what the coaches think our team is lacking the most; therefore Gilreath might actually have the upper hand on Brooks to make the 53.

Partly because we are keeping three quarterbacks, it is very likely that we will only keep five receivers on the 53.

White can (and probably will) go on PUP for six weeks and Gilreath is eligible for his first year of the practice squad. Chris Brooks should still have one year of practice squad eligibility left.

So I wouldn't be surprised to see us start the season with Wayne, Collie, Garcon, Gonzalez, and Smith with Gilreath and Brooks on the practice squad.

Now - IF Gonzalez is PUP'ed or IR'ed (we are talking about Gonzalez here) then it would be interesting as to which one they would bring up from the practice squad. Do we bring up the big guy with strength or the fast guy with shifty quick moves? I think a lot of that will depend on what the coaches think our team is lacking the most; therefore Gilreath might actually have the upper hand on Brooks to make the 53.

Its a good ptoblem to have but I hope Gilreath makes it.Been a while since we have had the his combination of speed and shiftness.

Guest BlueShoe

The sad thing is that it appears Vaughn just internally self-destructed. It didn’t appear to me that the offensive players were taunting him in any way and actually when he handed the receiver the ball (for dropping it) the receiver just shook his head and handed it to the ref as if he had no idea why Vaughn gave him the ball. The receiver was probably just lost in deep thought trying to think about his own game and what he did wrong to drop the ball when a ball just shows up in his hands.

Chip Vaughn has battled so hard for over a year now to be a part of this team. I believe that he had a year of eligibility on the practice squad left too. I think he ended any chance he had of making the practice squad again this year.

By the way, it looked like someone tasered Caldwell when he found out it was Vaughn again, on back to back flags. He hopped up quick and lost it. lol

Guest BlueShoe

Caldwell didnt even go chew him out, he just motioned to someone else to "get him out". How in the world is the coach going to gain respect if he didn't even go chew him out????? Caldwell, you look lost sir. Another close loss....special teams sukked on that play.

I am usually very critical of Caldwell, but in this case he did the right thing. He got Vaughn out of the game and then went back to concentrating on the game that only had a few minutes left in it.

I mean really think about it for a second - is Caldwell’s attention more needed on the actual game itself (with like a minute and a half left) or is it more needed to scold a player who screwed up?

And it did appear to me that Caldwell stared Vaughn down as he was walking towards the sideline. I think the ultimate butt chewing is to cut him so why humiliate him and then cut him?

I like donald my self,honestly i think they should just rotate them out,let one get rest while the other one does his thing,(Delone) seeing the way he runs,and how explosive he is i bet team will automatically blitz when they see him out,which opens up

play action,(Donald) should be used for 3rd and long i saw some awesome block's in the back field from him last night.and and joseph

looked refreshed and ran a hole lot smoother he was not so choppy with his feet like normally.....

Brandon James caught all those TD passes for nought last year in the last game, so one good return and one good TD is not going to make or break the coaches' decisions, they need to back it up with one more good game in the next game.

Guest BlueShoe

Did Caldwell commit two stupid pentalies? Did Caldwell not make the stop on fourth down or the two point play? Did Caldwell not recover the onside kick? Did Caldwell not get a stop after the onside kick? The players on the field didn't exicute that's why we lost the game. I am tired of this everytime we win it's inspite of Caldwell and every time we lose it's his fault attitude.

I agree. Caldwell has screwed up in the past to lose a few a games, but this game is not on him. Jim did a great job just to give a chance to win this. We were obviously more banged up than Green Bay yet we had the lead with a minute to go on the world champs. It would have been nice to pull out the win, but we didn't so who cares the next day? It's preseason.