Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

how do we loose to the scrub jags

hambone35

You know for years I've joked why would teams bother throwing on the Colts. The Jags are the one team that seems to have taken that to heart and you can see by the results it's not exactly a bad game plan when playing the Colts.

Yeah, this coaching staff and their system is aiming to change that. The pass D is very good, except for when you put a 3rd stringer in out of position who is dreaming about lillies or something and lets a guy go 80 yards past him for a TD. It is going to take a couple years to get done like they want. Polian left very little talent on this team, especially defense, because of bad drafting at the end and they have to fix that.

Yeah, this coaching staff and their system is aiming to change that. The pass D is very good, except for when you put a 3rd stringer in out of position who is dreaming about lillies or something and lets a guy go 80 yards past him for a TD. It is going to take a couple years to get done like they want. Polian left very little talent on this team, especially defense, because of bad drafting at the end and they have to fix that.

Bethea angerer Mathis Freeney powers Conner that's over half the starting defense and each is a guy polian brought in that fans like so I don't think he left them little talent the biggest problem is we don't have a small house playing nt like most teams do playing 3/4.

Bethea angerer Mathis Freeney powers Conner that's over half the starting defense and each is a guy polian brought in that fans like so I don't think he left them little talent the biggest problem is we don't have a small house playing nt like most teams do playing 3/4.

It all starts up front , you can have LT, Peppers, whoever but the interior of the line has almost always been a huge problem . This scheme dictates they have some bigger players up front.

It all starts up front , you can have LT, Peppers, whoever but the interior of the line has almost always been a huge problem . This scheme dictates they have some bigger players up front.

I agree that's an issue I just disagree with the idea polian didn't leave much talent on the defense he did just not at the DT spot.

I agree that's an issue I just disagree with the idea polian didn't leave much talent on the defense he did just not at the DT spot.

Yeah, a lot of these guys are not going to be here when the Colts are really good again, they don't fit in this system. This team this year is pretty much something thrown together on the fly. Really, they aren't half bad considering the fact a large portion of the roster was discarded and all the rookies that are playing.

As I considered this, the answer formed that one team scored more than we did. That is literally the answer. I personally have no more analysis to my answer because the way the question was worded tells me that no answer will suffice.

My question would be, "How is it that fans have become so spoiled, that not even a 2 win season can recreate realistic expectations in Colts fans?".

2 and 3 win seasons are destroying our precious records of winning in the 2000's, and 2010's. absolutely destroying it. we cant lose many more games, we don't want to have a reputation of losing in this City, it's unheard of and uncalled for. Look at the Patriots, for gosh sakes how many years in a row have they had a winning record? I hate it that we are losing so many games and tarnishing the legacy and legend that IS the COLTS.

Go to your calendar and highlight November 8th in Red. We get our revenge on that beautiful night. And we'll be fully loaded with our roster. Hope we put MJD and that unknown WR who caught that pass on stretchers that game. Revenge is the sweetest thing after candy

Stay classy.

As I considered this, the answer formed that one team scored more than we did. That is literally the answer. I personally have no more analysis to my answer because the way the question was worded tells me that no answer will suffice.

My question would be, "How is it that fans have become so spoiled, that not even a 2 win season can recreate realistic expectations in Colts fans?".

I asked that question like 6 months ago, I got banned for a day for 'baiting'. Good on you sir.

Go to your calendar and highlight November 8th in Red. We get our revenge on that beautiful night. And we'll be fully loaded with our roster. Hope we put MJD and that unknown WR who caught that pass on stretchers that game. Revenge is the sweetest thing after candy

So, once we get everyone back, we're guaranteed of not losing anyone else?

You're starting to sound like Gregg Williams...and that's not good lol.

And it wasn't for lack of trying - well for 4-3 suited DTs.

That position under Polian was maligned with car wrecks, video game addiction retirements, injury, marijuana use, you name it.

Dear God...

1) How do you know a night 6 weeks from now will be beautiful?

2) At no point in the 2012 season will the cost roster be "fully loaded."

3) And I think wishing injury to anyone is beyond foolish.

Dear God...

I read that as a prayer at first. :bag:

The same two things I keep on saying over and over.

We can't stop the Run.

We can't run the Ball when we need to.

we failed to stop a one dimensional team...so I'm back on teh "our first priority should be to stop the run" campaign.

we tried to go conservative which was the right call, but we coulnd't execute...so I'm going to keep harping the we need to run the ball campaign.

Do I agree we need to learn how to run in games? yes. You need to force your guys to execute.

You can't say, welll we should be running but since we can't...lets pass. You need to run and expect your guys to execute.

Dear God...

Well, excuse me for being upset about that fluke victory they pulled. But REVENGE will be ours!!! *Holds up Sword* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They scored touchdowns on two broken plays by our defense. Other than the 'big plays, they got into the red zone once; and we stopped them for a field goal.

It must have been our conservative offense then, right? Luck's 'conservative' eighteen yard pass attempt getting intercepted says otherwise.

Seventy yard drive down the field eating up seven minutes of clock in the fourth...clearly we are playing 'not to lose'.

Poor execution by the offense in the second half, and some broken plays resulted in our downfall.

Never said that, but with everyone back. We should be well Oiled on Defense & hopefully the injury bug goes somewhere else

Oh, understood. It's just that, that game is over a month away.

When's the last time we went that long without an injury to a starter.

One injury to a starter shouldn't hurt, but we're pretty thin at many positions at this juncture.

Oh, understood. It's just that, that game is over a month away.

When's the last time we went that long without an injury to a starter.

One injury to a starter shouldn't hurt, but we're pretty thin at many positions at this juncture.

I think we're only thin at CB, S, & D-Line. Our LB depth is pretty Good imo.

To be fair there were a ton of upsets this week. San Francisco lost to Minnesota, Philly lost to Arizona, Pittsburgh lost to Oakland... So believe me, a lot of fans are bummed out having lost to other teams that could be deemed scrubs.

Remedy, week three is always an upset week.

I'm going to state a few facts but not put them in conjunction because I don't want anyone to accuse me of wearing a tin foil hat.

Illegal gambling on the NFL is a BILLION dollar business.

The "replacement refs" blew a lot of calls this week that cost games.

Well, excuse me for being upset about that fluke victory they pulled. But REVENGE will be ours!!! *Holds up Sword* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well that was nonsensical and addressed none of the points I made. But congrats on all those exclamation points. Really spiced up your post.

Oh well on all the Thin positons imo:

CB, S, D-Line, O-Line.... & that's it. WR & LB are probably or Deepest Positions

Yeah, I think we'd have to lose a couple of LBs to get thin there.

However, for WR it depends. How'd you feel if Reggie went down?

I'm thinking.... thin.

How about RB if Donald went down? Better, worse, same?

Yeah, I think we'd have to lose a couple of LBs to get thin there.

However, for WR it depends. How'd you feel if Reggie went down?

I'm thinking.... thin.

How about RB if Donald went down? Better, worse, same?

Wayne: PANIC! We'll have no #1 WR then

Brown: Bring in the Monster Ballard!!! :)