Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bob Sanders Related, Made Me Throw Up A Bit :(

chad72

>>> "You have to practice the way you play in a game," Sanders said. "I don't care who you are; you can't go through the motions in practice and expect to be ready when it counts. I don't live that way. Never have. I practice hard and always give everything I have when I'm on the field. I practice hard. I play hard. I hit hard."

^ It's that kind of attitude that would always lead to injuries! Is he telling us he would hit his own teammates the same way he would opposing players in regular season? Seems that way, if Vincent Jackson's story is any indication. It's a scrimmage! He needs to lighten up! This guy is going to get himself (and possibly others) injured.

>>> "It's a physical game," Sanders said. "Some guys are fortunate and never really get hurt. There are others that continually get injured, but I try not to focus on that, and I don't lump myself into that category. I just worry about being healthy, staying healthy..."

^ Wait, so now he's contradicting himself? Well, which is it, Mr. Sanders?... Do you like to practice hard, play hard, and hit hard, or do you like to be healthy and stay healthy? You can't have both, unless you're Superman. Sanders is no good to anyone on the sidelines. He needs to take it easy and bottle up that focus, energy, and strength for the games that count! Also, I find it hilarious he doesn't lump himself into that category of always being injured.

Conclusion: I'm glad we got rid of this nut case. I don't really think this guy knows what he wants out of football anymore. He's letting his emotions cloud his sense of security. My guess is he lasts no more than six games, and that's a generous estimate. I admire the enthusiasm in practice, but he needs to calm down. Save it for the regular season, Hercules.

There are others that continually get injured, but I try not to focus on that, and I don't lump myself into that category. I just worry about being healthy, staying healthy.

omg!! Has Sanders been hit in the head lately? lol How did he say this with a straight face? Never thought I would say this but good riddance Bobby!! With this kinda philosophy the Colts were smart for giving you the axe. I would also bet if he gets a random HGH test he FAILS!!

I think were going to see alot of smaller players when the HGH testing goes into effect. I don't have the same attitude towards HGH as steroids but I still support the rule.

1 day though I think HGH is going to be legal, deemed safe with correct use.

He don't lump himself into the always injured catagory??????????? Really????????? Wow!!! This coming from a guy thats played 11 games in the last 3 NFL seasons. Good Lord, Dude, them roids have seriously messed up that brain. I can't believe he would even have the :censored: to say something so stupid.

bob is on roids u dont tear both your biceps like he did and all ways hurt its the roid breaking his little body down like merriman like rodney harrison they always hurt cause of the roids

Prove it.

Take it from his perspective though, if you were Bob and someone asked you if you were injury-prone, would you say you were? Would you say that and show your team and coaching staff that you don't have confidence in yourself? Would you say that you aren't going to hit as hard or play as physical because of injuries? If you ask me, he is just saying what anyone else would say.

Conclusion: I'm glad we got rid of this nut case. I don't really think this guy knows what he wants out of football anymore. He's letting his emotions cloud his sense of security. My guess is he lasts no more than six games, and that's a generous estimate. I admire the enthusiasm in practice, but he needs to calm down. Save it for the regular season, Hercules.

Let it go, this anger is not doing you good.

Man oh man. It amazes me how many people loved Bob when he played as an "outstanding" player for this team, and how quickly he has become a "steroid user" (which is a "rumor" and opinion which has never been proven).

Everyone has an opinion. Doesn't make you right and doesn't make you wrong, but I still consider him one of the best out there.

I will sit in judgment of him when I am a better person than I am now.

bob is on roids u dont tear both your biceps like he did and all ways hurt its the roid breaking his little body down like merriman like rodney harrison they always hurt cause of the roids

It wouldn't shock me if he was but I am with 21issuperman you can't just throw this out like it's fact without some form of proof beyond well he's always hurt and roids users always get hurt. That's just steroyping.

Man oh man. It amazes me how many people loved Bob when he played as an "outstanding" player for this team, and how quickly he has become a "steroid user" (which is a "rumor" and opinion which has never been proven).

Everyone has an opinion. Doesn't make you right and doesn't make you wrong, but I still consider him one of the best out there.

I will sit in judgment of him when I am a better person than I am now.

Count me in the group that didn't love Sanders (I have always felt resigning him was a mistake) with that said I am not just going to label him as a steroid user without more proof.

if you want to label someone a steroid user (which i don't think is smart) how about osi umenyiora?

a guy who lost an entire season due to an injury on a play where no one made contact with him, and now he's had to have surgery again, a couple years later

weird....both injuries coming with no contact involved....

As hard as I try, I don't get the hating on a former player. It isn't anything new here in this forum, or with this player. I saw it when LT left San Diego. These guys give their all, play hard and move on because they have a short time to make a living in their sport. I have no doubt that Bob gave the Colts everything he had to give and will do the same for SD. Why the need to tear him down?

As hard as I try, I don't get the hating on a former player. It isn't anything new here in this forum, or with this player. I saw it when LT left San Diego. These guys give their all, play hard and move on because they have a short time to make a living in their sport. I have no doubt that Bob gave the Colts everything he had to give and will do the same for SD. Why the need to tear him down?

For one, all the money we paid this guy we got very little in return. And secondly, he joined the Chargers of all teams. Almost as bad as joining the Patriots. Colts fans feel a little betrayed by that. Definitely leaves a sour taste in your mouth!!

For one, all the money we paid this guy we got very little in return. And secondly, he joined the Chargers of all teams. Almost as bad as joining the Patriots. Colts fans feel a little betrayed by that. Definitely leaves a sour taste in your mouth!!

Yeah, all we got was his help winning a title, and a Defensive MVP the following year...

As for joining the Chargers...Colts shoulda paid him, simple as that. That's not on Bob whatsoever. Bob said he wanted to be a Colts his entire career...blame the Colts F/O.

Yeah, all we got was his help winning a title, and a Defensive MVP the following year...

As for joining the Chargers...Colts shoulda paid him, simple as that. That's not on Bob whatsoever. Bob said he wanted to be a Colts his entire career...blame the Colts F/O.

I never said he didn't help us win a title. How many games did he miss during his career with the Colts why he was taking a big hit on our salary cap? And you say the Colts should've paid him? lol I hope you were on meds when that thought entered your mind.

I never said he didn't help us win a title.

No...you said we got very little in return...and I'm pointing out that his help winning a Title, and D-MVP isn't in ANY sense "very little"...and you're backpeddling.

How many games did he miss during his career with the Colts why he was taking a big hit on our salary cap?
too many...but not enough to make me believe any of it was his fault. The guy had freak injuries. Last year he got knocked funny by Bethea at the end of a tackle and fell on his own arm bending it completely backwards...some of you guys make it sound as if he was sitting our games for the fun of it.
And you say the Colts should've paid him?
If they wanted to keep him...yes. He even KNEW he had to take a pay cut...and obviously was open to an incentive laiden deal, since that's what he seems to have taken at SD, so yes...IF the Colts wanted to keep him, they should have made a better effort to keep him. Obviously they had his value at less than he felt he was worth...so he signed a relatively small contract with SD, which begs the question, did the Colts even offer him anything?
lol I hope you were on meds when that thought entered your mind.

If the reality of him leaving because the Colts likely made him no offer, and the fact that I don't harbor some warped notion that it makes him a traitor for going to a rival when the Colts wouldn't pay him is a drug...then consider me a junkee.

No...you said we got very little in return...and I'm pointing out that his help winning a Title, and D-MVP isn't in ANY sense "very little"...and you're backpeddling.

too many...but not enough to make me believe any of it was his fault. The guy had freak injuries. Last year he got knocked funny by Bethea at the end of a tackle and fell on his own arm bending it completely backwards...some of you guys make it sound as if he was sitting our games for the fun of it.

If they wanted to keep him...yes. He even KNEW he had to take a pay cut...and obviously was open to an incentive laiden deal, since that's what he seems to have taken at SD, so yes...IF the Colts wanted to keep him, they should have made a better effort to keep him. Obviously they had his value at less than he felt he was worth...so he signed a relatively small contract with SD, which begs the question, did the Colts even offer him anything?

If the reality of him leaving because the Colts likely made him no offer, and the fact that I don't harbor some warped notion that it makes him a traitor for going to a rival when the Colts wouldn't pay him is a drug...then consider me a junkee.

You putting words in my mouth isn't backpedaling! I've never seen anyone on here accuse him of sitting out for the fun of it. No need to make up stuff. Haven't seen anyone call him a traitor either. Where do you come up with this stuff? He took the best contract that was offered and it just happened to be with the Chargers which left a sour taste in the Colts fans mouth. Not his fault but it just stinks.

Some of you sound like you just received a Dear John letter.

I hate that Bob Sanders is in a Chargers uniform, but I hope he stays injury free and has a great season.

That's exactly how it feels to see LT in a green uniform, yuck!!!!

I'm enjoying watching Bob play and inspire the guys around him. When healthy he's amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

That's exactly how it feels to see LT in a green uniform, yuck!!!!

I'm enjoying watching Bob play and inspire the guys around him. When healthy he's amazing.

I know exactly how you feel..... *sigh* To see LT in a Jets jersey makes me want to retch. I still wear my #21 jersey, he'll always be a Charger in my mind.

I know exactly how you feel..... *sigh* To see LT in a Jets jersey makes me want to retch. I still wear my #21 jersey, he'll always be a cry baby in my mind.

fixed it for ya=)=)

richard seymour is the one that bothers me the most from the pats. hate seeing him in that raiders uni.

I personally think of Vince Wilfork. The man stuck his fingers into an opposing players eyes, for crying out loud! I just wish the NFL would stop removing vids from YouTube for me to show it!

When I think Wilfork, I think of him getting pancaked by Saturday in the 2006 AFCCG. If you want to talk about dirty DTs, I gotta go with Haynesworth and his foot stomp

Bob looked great in the opener today. He was constantly in on the play - don't know his stats, but he played well.

i wouldn't say great

he was solid vs the run on all but one long AP run, and him and jammer teamed up to stuff a sweep play which was very nice, but he did let jenkins get open in the endzone for a td (maybe that wasn't his zone, but it sure looked like it)

anyway, at least he's not one of the guys who got hurt, so we can build on that!

aside from the 1 run by AP and the qb scrambles, our run D looked pretty nice

He did. Spikes looked great, too! Hopefully the Defense will be able to cause Brady some headaches next week.

Man, that opening kick off return made me feel like I had entered the twilight zone and was back at the start of last season. As to watching the D, I watched the game on NFL Rewind and finished at 2 AM so I won't say I had my best observing powers available, but every time I looked up that pair was climbing off of the pile. I loved the way we swarmed to the ball. After eating my heart the first half it was fun to watch the D second half.