Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts updates as writers talked to Manusky and Arians

HtownColt

smh Mike Chappell and more just gave me some dissapointing news that Olsen will be starting at LG again. and some more updates.

Mike Chappell@mchappell51

"#colts OC Bruce Arians doesn't expect change with starting O-line unless it's injury-related. Sounds like Trai Essex backs up LG Seth Olsen"

George Bremer@gmbremer

Arians did say Essex once started a game at center after just 1 week of practice at the position. #Colts

George Bremer@gmbremer

Arians said only surprise from Luck on Sunday was the underthrow to Avery. Said its always better to overthrow the ball. #Colts

Mike Chappell@mchappell51

"#colts RT winston justice still needs medical clearance later in week to start vs. vikings."

45]

How about Angerer? Anything on him?

45]

He's not cleared yet. He won't be back until after the bye week, at the earliest, I'm thinking.

Greg Rakestraw@gregrakestraw

#Colts Arians: Expect to see Austin Collie all over the field. Not just slot or outside.

#Colts Arians: Thought 1st down play was solid from offense on Sunday. It was the 2nd down plays that really killed drives.

#Colts Arians: It was the 2nd down plays that really took away our number of runs during the game. Plans to keep that in perspective Sunday.

#Colts Arians: Think Trai Essex will immediately help offensive line. However, doesn't expect any changes in this week's starting O-Line.

#Colts Manusky: Believes that Freeney will be a game-time decision for Sunday.

@tjbindy Justice should be good to go. They believe he'll be cleared.

George Bremer@gmbremer

Arians also said 48 pass dropbacks is too much. Looking more for a 50-50 run-pass split. #Colts

George Bremer@gmbremer

OC Bruce Arians says Trai Essex "should be able to help this Sunday" but stopped short of saying he'll start. #Colts

just some updates i found on twitter

So how was Collie cleared, but didn't Practice today?

dunno but I will take Jims word over that other dude I never even heard of in Rakestraw (no offense to the OP of course as I have no idea who Rakestraw is) Jim posted that tweet a little over 3 minutes ago

dunno but I will take Jims word over that other dude I never even heard of in Rakestraw (no offense to the OP of course as I have no idea who Rakestraw is) Jim posted that tweet a little over 3 minutes ago

Well, at least Hilton is a Go. Once again I say, The Smurfs are in FULL Force come Sunday

Arians needs to tak advantage of Lucks mobility and have him roll out more for short to intermediate passes while running the ball to set up deep passes or teams will just sit back on us all day and rush us

Once in a while, yes. The problem with that is the D then only has to cover half the field. They just swing both S's to the roll side and bracket the receivers on that side. Luck is accurate and mobile enough to pull it off on occasion.

Once in a while, yes. The problem with that is the D then only has to cover half the field. They just swing both S's to the roll side and bracket the receivers on that side. Luck is accurate and mobile enough to pull it off on occasion.

I'll take Fleener or Allen on a Linebacker almost every time but just Luck dropping back is going to get him hurt, we just dont have the O Line to just drop back and chuck it 15+ yards downfield several times a game

reading his bio he is the Colts post game host(I only came across his page because Reggie Hayes had retweeted him). and George Bremer is the head writer for the colts for the Herald Bulliten he said Collie will start on the outside and can be used in the slot after they talked to Arians today. they probably just held him out for precautionary reasons because he practiced full yesterday.

George Bremer@gmbremer

WR Austin Collie will start out wide Sunday but could also be used in the slot. #Colts

yesterdays injury report

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay

Injury report, DNP-P.Angerer D.Freeney J.Reitz...LTD PART-W.Justice..FULL-A.Collie TY Hilton

reading his bio he is the Colts post game host. and George Bremer is the head writer for the colts for the Herald Bulliten he said Collie will start on the outside and can be used in the slot after they talked to Arians today. they probably just held him out for precautionary reasons because he practiced full yesterday.

George Bremer@gmbremer

WR Austin Collie will start out wide Sunday but could also be used in the slot. #Colts

yesterdays injury report

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay

Injury report, DNP-P.Angerer D.Freeney J.Reitz...LTD PART-W.Justice..FULL-A.Collie TY Hilton

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay

Injury report...DNP- A.Angerer A.Collie D.Freeney J.Reitz..LTD- none FULL-T.Y.Hilton W.Justice

that was 28 minutes ago

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay

Injury report...DNP- A.Angerer A.Collie D.Freeney J.Reitz..LTD- none FULL-T.Y.Hilton W.Justice

that was 28 minutes ago

yea I know i seen it already, I was saying that they probably just held him out for precautionary reasons and keep him fresh being that Arians said he will start on the outside and work in the slot and because he practiced full yesterday

yea I know i seen it already, I was saying that they probably just held him out for precautionary reasons and keep him fresh being that Arians said he will start on the outside and work in the slot and because he practiced full yesterday

yeah probably what it is, will be good when he comes back for sure

Some of this is TMI. Coaches, we really don't need to know and you don't have to explain your gameplan. Surprise us, and everyone else.

ya know how it is these days people have to post everything under the sun nevermind that some of it be withheld, I like the element of surprise though

ya know how it is these days people have to post everything under the sun nevermind that some of it be withheld, I like the element of surprise though

Especially the run/pass ratio, geeze. It's probably no big deal, but I'm used to cookie cutter answers and lack of specifics.

I hope so. It's concerning to me that he was a full participant yesterday, and today a DNP.

Not to on Board about Collie being in Slot. Yes, he's Dangerous there... but he's also in Danger being there. I gotta admit I'm shaky about that

Collie reminds me of a more athletic Tom Waddle that used to play for the Bears years ago. Waddle was fearless and could catch, but he was always taking major shots to the point in some games they had to use smelling salts to wake him up after a hit. I think his career may have even ended due to concussions. Not 100 percent sure but I believe so.

Not to on Board about Collie being in Slot. Yes, he's Dangerous there... but he's also in Danger being there. I gotta admit I'm shaky about that

He was lined up as an outside receiver on the play where he got hit by Foote. Wherever you line up as a receiver, you have to run routes that put you in harm's way.

He was lined up as an outside receiver on the play where he got hit by Foote. Wherever you line up as a receiver, you have to run routes that put you in harm's way.

Yeah I suppose that's True. Hope Collie starts playing like Harrison did. Just fall to the Ground. I'd hate to see him go down again :(