Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Woah Castonzo!

needanoline63

Will be a VERY good test as to whether or not he should have been a 1st round pick or not. I wished Ijalana didn't get hit with his injuries because I still think he would have been the better of the two and could have at least helped anchor the right side instead of Justice. I know its hard to come back from 2 ACL injuries, but its not impossible. Look at the LB for Carolina who actually had a very good 3rd preseason game this year and has torn his 3 times.

Castonzo has looked pretty good so far. Lets just hope and pray that he doesn't let Luck get hit too many times.

If Arians is smart (which I think he is) they will have a TE or RB helping Castonzo a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if Allen lines up over there to help.

They at least have to start out that way, or keep a back next to Andrew, or have some quick dump offs planned to negate their pass rush. Personally, I'd like to see them have a back next to Andrew. That'll give Castanzo a chance to start out 1 on 1, and they can see how he does. Then adjust to fit.

I am sure the Colts have that all figured out, however. :)

Castonzo is going to have a tough season. The first 3 weeks of football he goes up against Julius Peppers,Jared Allen, and Jeremy Mincey. Also he goes up against Kameron Wimbley and Jeremy Mincey twice, Tamba Hali, Mario Williams, Connor barwin and Kyle Vanden Bosh. Good luck AC!!

He'll be alright! He's been going against Freeney and Mathis for a while now, and that's great practice

If Arians is smart (which I think he is) they will have a TE or RB helping Castonzo a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if Allen lines up over there to help.

Allen is an amazing pass blocker. I enjoy looking over and watching him completely stuff his man in their tracks. He might be our best blocker. I love this past years draft so much. Best I can ever remember.

Will be a VERY good test as to whether or not he should have been a 1st round pick or not. I wished Ijalana didn't get hit with his injuries because I still think he would have been the better of the two and could have at least helped anchor the right side instead of Justice. I know its hard to come back from 2 ACL injuries, but its not impossible. Look at the LB for Carolina who actually had a very good 3rd preseason game this year and has torn his 3 times.

Castonzo has looked pretty good so far. Lets just hope and pray that he doesn't let Luck get hit too many times.

While its difficult to come back from an ACL injury the ability and strength doesn't have a whole lot to do with the ACL itself. it kinda depends on whether or not you damaged anything else. Having torn an ACL and meniscus recently my physical therapist told me its harder to come back if you've torn your meniscus. Hoping he can make a full recovery. I'm actually kinda curious about how they are making his new ACL. there are several ways to do it and i've heard that the best one is to take the middle third of the patella tendon. It supposedly once its fully healed and had time to become a ligament (dont ask me how that happens but thats what my doc told me) is supposed to be stronger than an ACL. However if make it from part of your hamstring its not as strong.

I saw absolutely nothing to suggest Ijalana would've been a better LT than Castonzo. Castonzo looked better on film, had the better workouts, the better measurements, and did it against better competition.

Why did you prefer Ijalana at LT?

At least we won't have to see any ridiculous blocking assignments like Dallas Clark blocking James Harrison or Mario Williams. Personally, I'm not sold on Castonzo. This will be a good test for him.

What exactly is it going to take for you to be "sold on Castanzo"? IMO he has done a great job. He has good footwork, he is quick out of his stance, and he has a strong hand punch. Personally I think Castanzo is well on his way to being a franchise LT.

What exactly is it going to take for you to be "sold on Castanzo"? IMO he has done a great job. He has good footwork, he is quick out of his stance, and he has a strong hand punch. Personally I think Castanzo is well on his way to being a franchise LT.

I've seen him get beat too many times and I think a healthy Ijalana would be a better LT than Castonzo. With that said, he was a rookie last year and the offense was a mess. I haven't given up on him, but I think he has a lot to prove. I feel like he needs to put on a bit more weight and get a little stronger so he can handle bull rushers. He is pretty big right not at 315, but I'd like to see him put on another 10 pounds or so, especially in his lower body