Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Someone's gotta make it... The Charles Woodson thread (Merge)

Why has nobody suggested Woodson for the Colts? Because most realize just how bad of an idea it is without needing much explanation. Sorry, but adding a guy that will retire after 1 more yr. in the league most likely(2 at the very most) isn't smart for a young team trying to build for the future.

Why would we get Woodson? It's a million "Young" CB's in the FA. Why would we get Grandpa Woodson?

Yeah, that's kind of what I think. I'd rather bring in younger or mid aged talent. It would basically be like bringing him in only as a mentor. I'm not sure if it would be worth it to just bring him in for a year or two max just to mentor younger players and if so, it would have to be a very very small contract.

throwingBBS, on 16 Feb 2013 - 14:59, said:

ZIB = pitiful & we are not CLOSE to being a Contender.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I never suggested bringing him in. No where in my OP did I say this. I simply stated I was surprised that it wasn't suggested, when every single other FA that hits the market gets a thread for it.

If you don't think we're a contender, then what do you view the team as? We made the playoffs and had every single chance in that game to beat the Ravens but let it slip away. As long as we don't regress next season (which I highly doubt happens) we will be contenders for a long time. We can only get better, so stop being such a pessimist. -_-