Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raycolts12

Have any of you changed your minds?

157 posts in this topic

WE HAVE A WALKER! KILL IT IN THE BRAIN!

the tempering of expectations is funny though.

Doogan back from dead? I wonder if Jaric will make an appearance?

1 person likes this

I've never been more happy to be wrong. I couldn't have imagined us winning five games let alone six. (By week 9 no less!) Taking great pride in the long strides this team has made.

Regardless of where the season winds up, the light over the horizon is closer than I thought.

1 person likes this

I stand by my statement, so have the Colts

Good lord, did you mark this on your calendar or something? My comment was a response to the "talent alone" portion of your comment. Hey, I am glad the Colts are exceeding expectations. Luck has progressed faster than anyone could have imagined. The defense is playing relatively well for the number of injuries they have sustained.

Anyway, please PM your address so I can get your Trophy in the mail.

Nope. I stand where I stood 3 months ago.....9 or 10 wins and a playoff berth.

Mad props to the winner of this thread.....and it ain't even close. :yes:

1 person likes this

For the record:

I was against trading Peyton or cutting him. I was wrong.

I was for trading the pick. I was wrong.

I believed our defense would struggle mightily. I was wrong.

I thought a revamp of the entire staff meant a high draft pick again. I was wrong.

I have rarely been so wrong and I could not be happier that I was.

5 people like this

For the record:

I thought a revamp of the entire staff meant a high draft pick again. I was wrong.

I respect your candor Warhorse. For the record, admitting one's mistakes is a sign of strength and wisdom not shortcomings & weakness WH. I really respect your courage here. Kudos to you sir. :hat::thanks:

1 person likes this

For the record:

Look at it this way Warhorse...2 negatives make a positive, so if you consider those 4 wrongs, you were right 2 times... :D

2 people like this

I think I predicted 5-6 wins at best. Glad to know I'm most likely wrong.

7-2 would still be pretty awesome right now...

I went for .500, and I think we may go one better. Either way, this has been a very good start to the rebuilding programme, and although we have a raft of things to improve on, we are most definitely on the right track. Doogan thinking Luck will go backwards next season due to some 'selective' examples is as surprising as Zbikowski missing on a tackle.

• before the jags win, collinsworthless said we were the worst 5-3 team in the league. now after the jags game, I'm sure he feels we are the worst 6-3 team based on what he said we looked like vs. the jags. sometimes teams have an ugly win, Jags game probably fits that description, dropped balls, several throws that should have been picked, a terrible opponent, few sacks, bad 3rd down percentage, penalties ad-nausem, etc. Look, this team took on a whole new complexion when their leader went down. Who hasn't changed their minds?

• before the jags win, collinsworthless said we were the worst 5-3 team in the league. now after the jags game, I'm sure he feels we are the worst 6-3 team based on what he said we looked like vs. the jags. sometimes teams have an ugly win, Jags game probably fits that description, dropped balls, several throws that should have been picked, a terrible opponent, few sacks, bad 3rd down percentage, penalties ad-nausem, etc. Look, this team took on a whole new complexion when their leader went down. Who hasn't changed their minds?

I Hope that is sarcasm, because if I recall we were leading 24-3 going into the 4th quarter, and that is all that matters.

Good lord, did you mark this on your calendar or something? My comment was a response to the "talent alone" portion of your comment. Hey, I am glad the Colts are exceeding expectations. Luck has progressed faster than anyone could have imagined. The defense is playing relatively well for the number of injuries they have sustained.

Anyway, please PM your address so I can get your Trophy in the mail.

Sorry to step on your toes, wasnt singling you out J82. But since you bring it up I dont see anywhere in your post about talent- or heart -or coaching. Just a blunt "not with this years schedule" which ironically is totally opposite from the truth since you want to be nasty about it. I just thought at the time the Colts had the right ingredients of enough talent plus heart and good coaching and humbly speaking I just surprised myself by seeing that is all I was saying.
1 person likes this

Sorry to step on your toes, wasnt singling you out J82. But since you bring it up I dont see anywhere in your post about talent- or heart -or coaching. Just a blunt "not with this years schedule" which ironically is totally opposite from the truth since you want to be nasty about it. I just thought at the time the Colts had the right ingredients of enough talent plus heart and good coaching and humbly speaking I just surprised myself by seeing that is all I was saying.

My fault on this. There was never any ill intent on my part. My response wasn't meant to be nasty, but I did a bad job of adding inflection. It was late last night and I was in a lot of pain. I was honestly saying in it my head as I was typing with the inflection of "Goood Looord man!!" So let me try to portray what I really meant.

Good lord, did you mark this on your calendar or something :woah: ? My comment was a response to the "talent alone" portion of your comment. Hey, I am glad the Colts are exceeding expectations. Luck has progressed faster than anyone could have imagined. The defense is playing relatively well for the number of injuries they have sustained.

Anyway, please PM your address so I can get your Trophy in the mail. :thmup::lol:

1 person likes this

At least we aren't Prisco. A national writer who predicts we win 1 game. He has since begged forgiveness for his sins :)

If all of us can be wrong about Luck and this year's team, then why can't we be wrong about Luck having a sophmore jinx. He just seems a little too "special" for that to happen. Uh oh, I just made a prediction.

At least we aren't Prisco. A national writer who predicts we win 1 game. He has since begged forgiveness for his sins :)

If all of us can be wrong about Luck and this year's team, then why can't we be wrong about Luck having a sophmore jinx. He just seems a little too "special" for that to happen. Uh oh, I just made a prediction.

Yea , i remember that Prisco dude, he guessed a little low. there's a few people who think we are going to lose out so I don't know, they say that Luck throws would be interceptions every single game and it will catch up to him, say that he is lucky, say that the rest of the team is not that good, etc, etc.

Yea , i remember that Prisco dude, he guessed a little low. there's a few people who think we are going to lose out so I don't know, they say that Luck throws would be interceptions every single game and it will catch up to him, say that he is lucky, say that the rest of the team is not that good, etc, etc.

Not sure why the pundits keep saying that the long pass to Avery should have been an INT. From what I saw the defender got fooled on the rout, the pass was placed high which the defender wasn't even close to tipping with his high jump, was placed where only Avery could catch it. I would say it was a great play not a lucky one.

Not sure why the pundits keep saying that the long pass to Avery should have been an INT. From what I saw the defender got fooled on the rout, the pass was placed high which the defender wasn't even close to tipping with his high jump, was placed where only Avery could catch it. I would say it was a great play not a lucky one.

I call it one of the best plays I have seen this year. That same throw from our previous QB and it is called brilliant.

I call it one of the best plays I have seen this year. That same throw from our previous QB and it is called brilliant.

Was thinking the very same thing.

I think you mean Hilton.

For the record:

Change is hard to deal with. I've wanted change for years and we are finally going in the right direction. Glad you came around ;)

For the record:

That's why you're not the GM. (thank god)

And what it tells me that predictions and opinions mean nothing. But I'm glad you're OK eating crow.

Change is hard to deal with. I've wanted change for years and we are finally going in the right direction. Glad you came around ;)

And for some people, it was SO hard to deal with, they left. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, let my foot do it for you.

ar120285936373661.jpg

That's why you're not the GM. (thank god)

And what it tells me that predictions and opinions mean nothing. But I'm glad you're OK eating crow.

Hmmm, I was answering the thread question. Did you answer it?

Never had any issue with change, I just thought those were the best choices. I would probably have to be ok with change having followed this team since 70'.

1 person likes this

Hmmm, I was answering the thread question. Did you answer it?

No I didn't, and it wasn't my intention to. I just responded to your post. Sorry you took it in a bad way. Consider my response with a wink, OK?

Never had any issue with change, I just thought those were the best choices. I would probably have to be ok with change having followed this team since 70'.

Btw, I'm '72 here, but I guess we just have differences as fans and that's ok. Some are more vocal than others. But in a "real life" game, few are more vocal than me.

1 person likes this

I think you mean Hilton.

The play i am thinking of is the one that was over the middle of the field towards the right

hash marks and was downed at around the about the 6 yard line. Really thought it was

Avery but could very well be mistaken

1 person likes this

sorry, was talking in general about the change comment. not towards you. was quoting mainly to say glad you came around :) since 70? old geezer :) only since about 92 myself. relocated from our west and figured would be nice to root for my home team.

1 person likes this

For the record:

I don't think you were wrong about all of that, aside from the high draft pick thing. That doesn't seem to be happening.

But we could have kept Manning, traded the #1, made some other roster moves and retooled for another run with #18, and I think we'd be as good as we are right now, if not better. Keeping Manning probably would have meant getting rid of Freeney, but if you go with a new defensive configuration, that's okay.

I think the bigger thing is when people assumed the Colts management had made a mistake by moving on from the Manning era. I get that, and I didn't want us to release Manning either. But I always thought the decision to move on could be a positive.

The play i am thinking of is the one that was over the middle of the field towards the right

hash marks and was downed at around the about the 6 yard line. Really thought it was

It was Avery.

I went for .500

I went for .500 too.

One Sergio Brown missed tackle away from challenging for the AFC South??? Never thought that would be the case in my wildest dreams.

I don't think you were wrong about all of that, aside from the high draft pick thing. That doesn't seem to be happening.

But we could have kept Manning, traded the #1, made some other roster moves and retooled for another run with #18, and I think we'd be as good as we are right now, if not better. Keeping Manning probably would have meant getting rid of Freeney, but if you go with a new defensive configuration, that's okay.

I think the bigger thing is when people assumed the Colts management had made a mistake by moving on from the Manning era. I get that, and I didn't want us to release Manning either. But I always thought the decision to move on could be a positive.

True. Just for clarification, I have always been positive about my Colts when posting. As many here know, I was not very confrontational or negative about any of that change. I am merely admitting what I was feeling in my heart. Most wouldn't have known because I didn't do much battling on those choices.

However, even though trading the pick and fortifying the team could have rendered results that we will not know how successful they might have been, I have seen a special quality in Andrew that tells me that no other scenario would have been better.....succesful...but not better.

I felt we could be a 9-7 team. i just was not sure that would be enough to get in the Tournament. but it looks like it just may get us in. We all saw what not having a good QB could do to a team which is why i felt with Luck we could win 7-9 games cause he is that good.

that was avery, where he reached out and barely caught it with two defenders on him. don't know that he was 6 yards from end-zone but yea, pretty sure you are talking about avery on that last description.