Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Friendly Reminder from TigerTown: We are still alive

PrincetonTiger

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

this wont be a super bowl year

it comes down to whether you want to tank or make the playoffs with what we have

the division is definitely in play

I agree...this won't be a SB year for us. However, I have a very hard time with the idea of tanking even though it may be best for the future of the team. I don't have season tickets but for those who forked out the considerable dough to sit in the stands and watch the team I have a great deal of empathy. Tanking would be a slap in the face to those fans who have invested so much time and money in this season. I would be a season ticket holder if not for my location and job travel responsibilities so I think of these things.

In the back of my head I even wonder whether or not the, as it turns out, extremely optimistic team statements about Luck's return weren't related to marketing and ticket sales. We'll never know but I'm sure the temptation was there for Irsay and others. 

9 minutes ago, Superman said:

I always root for the Colts to win. Our situation, mathematically, is obvious. It's only Week 5, of course we're still alive.

You can categorize it as being negative if you want, but I think it's an obvious fact that our play hasn't been very encouraging, despite the 2-3 record. 

I think he is also just implying that despite not having Luck and a few other key contributors this team has found a way to stay in it. Sure we will learn more about them as the season moves along but as much doom and gloom we hear its refreshing to remember we are 1 game out of the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, Superman said:

I always root for the Colts to win. Our situation, mathematically, is obvious. It's only Week 5, of course we're still alive.

You can categorize it as being negative if you want, but I think it's an obvious fact that our play hasn't been very encouraging, despite the 2-3 record. 

What I consider Negativity is the fire everyone/trade everyone thought what you posted was not negative

Give me as many wins as we can during this time period without Luck.I wish it looked a bit better but I'll take as many as we can get and won't offer any apologies.  You have teams out there with all their starters in place who don't even have a single win.

We are much better against the run than we've been in quite some time. If we can just make a few adjustments defensively and get this secondary tightened up we might be able to do a little something when Luck returns.

Just now, krunk said:

Give me as many wins as we can during this time period without Luck.

I wish it looked a bit better but I'll take as many of these Ws as we can get.

We are much better against the run than we've been in quite some time.

If we can just make a few adjustments defensively and get this secondary

tightened up we might be able to do a little something when Luck returns.

Agreed and the secondary should be better once Wilson is healthy and if Geathers comes back

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Agreed and the secondary should be better once Wilson is healthy and if Geathers comes back

Still wait and see on Geathers but I believe the coaches when they say he'll likely be back.  We miss his presence on those tight ends and in other areas.

2 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Sorry about that one!  Big Ben looked lost at times.  

There is a changing of the guard in NFL quarterbacks, the  big Ben's, Philip Rivers, Eli Manning's, and a few others i'm sure you can name are on the downside of their career. It's just a natural progression. As decades of football go by so do marquee QB"s

2 hours ago, aaron11 said:

this wont be a super bowl year

it comes down to whether you want to tank or make the playoffs with what we have

the division is definitely in play

Tanking should not be an option.  This  year still should be about evaluating players and see who we keep for the future and who improves as the season goes by regardless of how we finish. Trying to compete would do a lot more good in the mindset of our team as a building block for next year than giving up

3 hours ago, Superman said:

We've beaten two winless teams. With bad QBs. At home. By a total of 6 points. We've been outscored by 62 points in five games.

Let's not get carried away. This team isn't very good, for multiple reasons.

We nearly lost to those two teams. Probably should've lost yesterday after Brissetts pick.

3 hours ago, Superman said:

We've beaten two winless teams. With bad QBs. At home. By a total of 6 points. We've been outscored by 62 points in five games.

Let's keep in mind the 'bad' team we just beat lost to the Rams by one score and came back against them. The team that beat us by 36

12 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

We nearly lost to those two teams. Probably should've lost yesterday after Brissetts pick.

I thought the game was over after the PI call. To the defense's credit, they held tough and got the stop. Not gonna apologize for a win.

15 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Let's keep in mind the 'bad' team we just beat lost to the Rams by one score and came back against them. The team that beat us by 36

That was probably the worst game we could have played, to be honest. I don't think we're as bad as we were against the Rams (maybe if Tolzien was still playing, but I don't think he would be that bad consistently). But we obviously have a low floor.

12 hours ago, Superman said:

Or you could say, we dominated Arizona and Cleveland both in the first halfs. We were beating Seattle at halftime. We have shown we can start out hot, so potentially when we bring back Luck(arguably the league's best 2nd half QB). We could go 6-2 with him and if we are 4-4 at the time, 10-6 would make the playoffs.