Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who should be QB #2 behind Luck?

dew5150

4 hours ago, Hoosiernsavga said:

Bring in Ponder on a one year contract. I know he's not a world beater but his QB IQ is pretty good. And I think he would fit the system and better than anyone else we have right now.c

I like this thought.    He's a free agent and wouldn't demand much.   He's accept his role.   He'd be a good back up for Luck for years.   He's only 29.   I like the idea of a long term back up role.   Especially when the guy has been a starter for a few years.   The season he started all 16 games, he went 10-6 and completed 62% of his passes for 18 TD's and 12 INT's.   

21 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

If the goal is to win games then why is kap anywhere near the conversation?

19 minutes ago, akcolt said:

That's a good question There isn't a good answer I can think of 

what does kapernick do well?  the answer is nothing except for run

hes not accurate, and doesn't read the coverage well.  not a good fit for the colts, we are not built for a read option QB

Stephen Morris. Tolzien is terrible when I've seen him play, and Morris seems to have no fear and just lets it fly, which can sometimes be a bad thing but right now with the injury situation the way it is we need more upside over a QB in Tolzien that plays it safe and can't convert on offensive drives. 

On 8/17/2017 at 6:18 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Morris was far from great but he was better than Tolzein. Of course, almost anybody would've looked better than Tolzein as the bar wasn't exactly high to begin with.

What's everyone talking about here? Tolzien wasn't bad. 

I get the anti Kap sentiment, but those who argue he doesn't fit our system, maybe that's a good thing? What has our "system" given us the last two years? If the O line can't give our QB 3 or 4 seconds, the system fails and you end up with a broken QB.  

Morris gets my vote....Ponder is worth pondering.

2 hours ago, fwcoltsfan60 said:

I get the anti Kap sentiment, but those who argue he doesn't fit our system, maybe that's a good thing? What has our "system" given us the last two years? If the O line can't give our QB 3 or 4 seconds, the system fails and you end up with a broken QB.  

Morris gets my vote....Ponder is worth pondering.

I'm anti Kaep because I don't think he would be a game changer.   I'd avoid the drama for an average QB.

I still think Ponder would be a great signing as our back up.