Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Cheating???

indyagent17

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When the Patriots won the their first 3 SB's they had Great Defenses. When they beat Seattle, it was the Defense that came up with a Goaline stop with an INT.

I think last years D was weakest of the 5 , but had it turned around after the half.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 4:48 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's plain ridiculous because it fits the Peyton haters narrative is why they bring up, well he beat Rex Grossman. The AFC was stacked that year, how about we beat we beat Steve McNair, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed in Baltimore. Then we beat Tom Brady and BB. That doesn't fit the Peyton hater narrative though. Steve Young gets tons of credit though for beating the mighty Stan Humphries lmao. That Bears team was better than that SD team, Bears had a much better Defense and SPTeams.

Bears D was # 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That was Tom's best SB ever IMO, the 2nd Half anyway. He was perfect and led a great comeback. The other wins he had a lot of help from his Defense and SPTeams.

Was a great comeback with some luck mixed in . 

8 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Great, great game! I hated when the Bucs fired Dungy. So, it was a great comeback and win against the Bucs. I think it was a Monday night or other prime time game.

(Dungy was the Vikes D-Coor before becoming a head coach. I was a big fan of his and Brian Billick, Vikes' O-Coor. Glad they both won a Super Bowl.)

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Great, great game! I hated when the Bucs fired Dungy. So, it was a great comeback and win against the Bucs. I think it was a Monday night or other prime time game.

(Dungy was the Vikes D-Coor before becoming a head coach. I was a big fan of his and Brian Billick, Vikes' O-Coor. Glad they both won a Super Bowl.)

That game was simply unbelievable, down 35-14 against that Defense with 5 minutes left and win. It was a Monday Night, I was actually at work watching the ending in the break room. The next day on sports talk radio many people had said they went to bed, when they woke up and seen the Colts had won they thought it was an error.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That game was simply unbelievable, down 35-14 against that Defense with 5 minutes left and win. It was a Monday Night, I was actually at work watching the ending in the break room. The next day on sports talk radio many people had said they went to bed, when they woke up and seen the Colts had won they thought it was an error.

:lol: Only Peyton could pull that off , probably the best D in the league he was going against

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

With the QB's they had on their Roster he was the best choice because Brock Osweiler wasn't beating the Pats in a Championship Game. He would've pooped the bed and thrown INT's, etc. with that kind of pressure on him.

You can't say that because Brock actually did beat the Patriots in the same stadium that year. He did it. You can't just assume he wouldn't because it benefits a narrative that only Peyton Manning could beat them. Brock did beat them. He has that feather in his cap. 

Peyton deserved to go out the way he did. He's a great player. But that doesn't mean we have to sweeten up reality and pretend he was better than he really was that year. He was very fortunate to play on the team he did that year to get the perfect send off. Not the other way around. I'm not saying that to trash him, it just is what it is. There were plenty times his team let him down when he was better individually than the final result of his season. It's almost poetic that it happened the other way around to finish his career. 

53 minutes ago, footballhero1 said:

You can't say that because Brock actually did beat the Patriots in the same stadium that year. He did it. You can't just assume he wouldn't because it benefits a narrative that only Peyton Manning could beat them. Brock did beat them. He has that feather in his cap. 

Peyton deserved to go out the way he did. He's a great player. But that doesn't mean we have to sweeten up reality and pretend he was better than he really was that year. He was very fortunate to play on the team he did that year to get the perfect send off. Not the other way around. I'm not saying that to trash him, it just is what it is. There were plenty times his team let him down when he was better individually than the final result of his season. It's almost poetic that it happened the other way around to finish his career. 

All I can say about Brock is I was shocked at how much better he looked to me in Denver. He went to another defensive team in Houston and I expected great things from him. I really did think Houston would be better with Brock. But he did get two wins vs. the Colts, so well........:headspin:

Not sure if Brock beats the Pats in the playoffs, but that defense was playing so great in Denver at the time it would not have shocked me if they won with Brock either. Really hard to say either way, you would prefer to have Peyton though due to his experience alone in big games so the Broncos got the best end of the deal in the end and so did Manning getting a second ring.

7 hours ago, Jules said:

All I can say about Brock is I was shocked at how much better he looked to me in Denver. He went to another defensive team in Houston and I expected great things from him. I really did think Houston would be better with Brock. But he did get two wins vs. the Colts, so well........:headspin:

Not sure if Brock beats the Pats in the playoffs, but that defense was playing so great in Denver at the time it would not have shocked me if they won with Brock either. Really hard to say either way, you would prefer to have Peyton though due to his experience alone in big games so the Broncos got the best end of the deal in the end and so did Manning getting a second ring.

You have pretty good sports knowledge so you know Brock wasn't winning that game. If Tom Brady and BB would've lost to that QB in a Championship Game that would've been beyond embarrassing. Just because Brock got a win vs them in the Regular Season doesn't mean he would've beat them for a SB trip. If Pats fans think Brock could've won that game that means they don't think much of their team. If I was a Pats fan there is no way I would think Brock would take Tom Brady down in the Playoffs, no matter how great Denver's Defense was. Denver had a Great Defense but it wasn't better than the Steel Curtain Defense that Pitt had in the 70's, or the 1985 Bears or the 2000 Ravens. I could even debate Seattle's was just as great if not better in 2013 or the 2002 Bucs was or the 1986 Giants with LT was as well.  

-The 2003 Patriots Defense only gave up 14.9 points a game and had 4 AP All Pro's in Ty Law, Richard Seymour, Teddy Bruschi, and Rodney Harrison. Willie McGinest was a Pro-Bowler as well. I could debate they had a better Defense than Denver as well. Denver's Defense gave up 18.5 points a game in 2015. Brock would've had a better chance of winning with the Pats Defense in 2003 going by the numbers.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:58 PM, Synthetic said:

I don't think they obsess over the Colts at all. Actually, it's the other way around. Look at the number of threads about the Patriots are posted in the General NFL forum....Not a week goes by without some topic about them being brought up. 

Oh they certainly do.  I live 2 miles from Gillette and listen to local sports radio.  They hate the colts and Yankees here more than any other teams and constantly bring them up. 

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What's crazy is they did it again to the Texans a couple of years later.

5 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

Oh they certainly do.  I live 2 miles from Gillette and listen to local sports radio.  They hate the colts and Yankees here more than any other teams and constantly bring them up. 

Nonsense. I've lived in NE for 45 years. I can't remember the last time I heard a Colts-related call on 98.5 or WEEI. There was a lot during the height of the Brady/Manning thing, but - no disrespect intended - until the Colts become a legitimate threat again, we don't really care about Indy as a conference rival. 

To put them in the same category as the Yankees is disingenuous and simply not true. 

2 hours ago, GoPats said:

Nonsense. I've lived in NE for 45 years. I can't remember the last time I heard a Colts-related call on 98.5 or WEEI. There was a lot during the height of the Brady/Manning thing, but - no disrespect intended - until the Colts become a legitimate threat again, we don't really care about Indy as a conference rival. 

To put them in the same category as the Yankees is disingenuous and simply not true. 

I would say when we had Peyton, Pats fans hated us more than anyone. That was the best rivalry in Football is why so it's understandable. They still do hate us because of Deflategate. I say most Pats fans, maybe not you but most do. I cant say whether or not how many related calls you guys get on 98.5 because I don't live in Boston but I do know the hate is there by reading other message boards. Your fans hate the Ravens and Jets as well from what I have read.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would say when we had Peyton, Pats fans hated us more than anyone. That was the best rivalry in Football is why so it's understandable. They still do hate us because of Deflategate. I say most Pats fans, maybe not you but most do. I cant say whether or not how many related calls you guys get on 98.5 because I don't live in Boston but I do know the hate is there by reading other message boards. Your fans hate the Ravens and Jets as well from what I have read.

Realistically the rivalry was pretty much over the minute Peyton left. It was more about Tom Brady vs Peyton Manning than it was Patriots vs Colts. When he went to Denver, the Broncos were largely viewed the same way the Colts were in the 2000's. The rivalry QB of Tom Brady and the team most likely to stand in their way of a Super Bowl. 

If Deflategate didn't happen it likely would have just died. 

As someone who watches both teams, from 2011-2014 (pre AFCCG) the Colts fanbase viewed the Patriots as rivals more than the other way around. Deflategate just gave Patriots fans a reason to go back to disliking the Colts. 

The Jets and Patriots were always rivals and likely always will be because they remained in the division, they have the New York vs Boston thing, Belichick ditched the Jets, an old Patriots coach went to the Jets and that led to Spygate, and the last Jets coach was obsessed with the Patriots and name dropped the team in every press conference he ever had. 

The Ravens is more of a competitive rivalry than anything else. I think in that case the Ravens take that one a bit more personally than the Patriots. 

7 minutes ago, footballhero1 said:

Realistically the rivalry was pretty much over the minute Peyton left. It was more about Tom Brady vs Peyton Manning than it was Patriots vs Colts. When he went to Denver, the Broncos were largely viewed the same way the Colts were in the 2000's. The rivalry QB of Tom Brady and the team most likely to stand in their way of a Super Bowl. 

If Deflategate didn't happen it likely would have just died. 

As someone who watches both teams, from 2011-2014 (pre AFCCG) the Colts fanbase viewed the Patriots as rivals more than the other way around. Deflategate just gave Patriots fans a reason to go back to disliking the Colts. 

The Jets and Patriots were always rivals and likely always will be because they remained in the division, they have the New York vs Boston thing, Belichick ditched the Jets, an old Patriots coach went to the Jets and that led to Spygate, and the last Jets coach was obsessed with the Patriots and name dropped the team in every press conference he ever had. 

The Ravens is more of a competitive rivalry than anything else. I think in that case the Ravens take that one a bit more personally than the Patriots. 

Cant really argue with that, until we beat you guys with Andrew it really isn't a rivalry anymore.

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh sure, back in the day, there was a lot of bad blood to the rivalry. But for the poster to claim that sports talk callers "constantly bring (the Colts and Yankees) up," even today... not true. 

(It's a side topic but I would even say that the animosity toward the Yankees has greatly diminished since the Red Sox won three World Series between 2004 and 2013. Not completely, but it's certainly not what it used to be, especially after peaking in 2003.) 

My issue was more with Grigson than the Colts players or coaches or fans. I think the motivation behind his actions was not some noble "protect the integrity of the game" thing. Just look at what's happened since he "blew the whistle" on the Patriots. They've won just as many games, including two Super Bowls. You really think it was that big of a deal if there was absolutely no drop-off in any way, shape, or form?  

The thing everyone should realize about Grigson is that he's spent most of his NFL career getting slapped around by Belichick and Brady. He was a scout for the Rams in 2001, worked in Philly in 2004 (so his teams lost two Super Bowls to them), and then didn't have any success against them in Indy either. Throw in his connections to Mike Kensil, who was on a personal vendetta against the Patriots, and the supposed "tip off" from the Ravens, and I feel like you have to wonder about the motivation. 

Anyway... I think the more recent rivals are teams like Baltimore and Denver. Pittsburgh's always in the mix too. Division rivals are a different thing, IMO. 

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:33 PM, GoPats said:

I speak the truth!  maybe you don't listen to the radio or your memory isn't that good.  I don't know why you don't hear the calls ive heard.  It may be that as a colts fan I listen for that talk more than other people here though too.  Felger was shooting people down who were calling in regarding the hearing-aids just last week! And Zolak loves to bring up anything Colts or Grigson or Irsay. 

Pats fans comment on the Indystar articles and come in to Colts message boards all the time. 

I would agree that the hatred isn't to the level of the Yankees but those are the two teams in the respective sports that they seem to focus on more than others here.  Even when they aren't playing them. 

On 7/11/2017 at 0:08 AM, footballhero1 said:

So when Manning beat the pats, it was his defense that won the game.  When Brock beat them, no mention of that same defense. Right.

Also you conveniently left out the part where a Manning led offense put up over 500 yards of offense (plus 10+ TOP) on that pats and Belichick. But you're right, virtually any qb could've done that. I would be interested to see how often that happened (500 yard offense games and a +10 TOP) the pats D gave up that season.

22 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

So when Manning beat the pats, it was his defense that won the game.  When Brock beat them, no mention of that same defense. Right.

Also you conveniently left out the part where a Manning led offense put up over 500 yards of offense (plus 10+ TOP) on that pats and Belichick. But you're right, virtually any qb could've done that. I would be interested to see how often that happened (500 yard offense games and a +10 TOP) the pats D gave up that season.

No they both had the same defense. I'm saying in the exact same conditions at home with the same team, they both were capable of beating the Patriots. They were not the variable that dictated the outcome. The outcome remained when you changed QB's. 

Let's talk about that though. 

I don't even get why this is controversial when the QB in question is going on national television making jokes about how he was carried. You don't need to defend him. Everyone knows that the Broncos season was about a world class defense grinding out a season. Even Peyton does. There's no shame in saying he didn't have it anymore because he got old and his injuries caught up to him.

On 7/10/2017 at 9:27 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That was Tom's best SB ever IMO, the 2nd Half anyway. He was perfect and led a great comeback. The other wins he had a lot of help from his Defense and SPTeams.

Brady had a lot of help from Atlanta last Super Bowl too.

He definitely led a great comeback but 95% of that loss was the Falcons shooting themselves in the foot over and over in the 2nd half. If they just score a friggen field goal, they win the game, but no, they scored nothing in the 2nd half. 

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Brady had a lot of help from Atlanta last Super Bowl too.

He definitely led a great comeback but 95% of that loss was the Falcons shooting themselves in the foot over and over in the 2nd half. If they just score a friggen field goal, they win the game, but no, they scored nothing in the 2nd half. 

Atlanta's primary problem in that game was that there offense would take the field and be hot and score right away or they would take the field and give the ball back right away. There was no in between. No long drives. You can look up the box scores but even when they drove for a TD it happened in like 2 minutes.

9 hours ago, footballhero1 said:

No they both had the same defense. I'm saying in the exact same conditions at home with the same team, they both were capable of beating the Patriots. They were not the variable that dictated the outcome. The outcome remained when you changed QB's. 

Let's talk about that though. 

I don't even get why this is controversial when the QB in question is going on national television making jokes about how he was carried. You don't need to defend him. Everyone knows that the Broncos season was about a world class defense grinding out a season. Even Peyton does. There's no shame in saying he didn't have it anymore because he got old and his injuries caught up to him.

The outcome remained the same but not for the same reasons. With Brock it was more of a "win despite the QB" whereas with Manning it was "we can count on the D to stop Belichick and Co. most of the time but we still need points and clock management to win in the playoffs" kind of  deal.

Im not denying the defense was the majority factor that got the Broncos that win, what I'm saying is that even though Manning wasn't putting up Manning-like numbers, he was still more of a factor on that team than many realize or are willing to give credit for. Knowing exactly what needs to be done with what resources you have (and most importantly getting it done) is a trait that Manning and very few other QBs have. He knew he had to be a game manager so he was the most prepared game manager in the NFL.

Sometimes, you just gotta be a Dilfer.

1 hour ago, bluebombers87 said:

The outcome remained the same but not for the same reasons. With Brock it was more of a "win despite the QB" whereas with Manning it was "we can count on the D to stop Belichick and Co. most of the time but we still need points and clock management to win in the playoffs" kind of  deal.

Im not denying the defense was the majority factor that got the Broncos that win, what I'm saying is that even though Manning wasn't putting up Manning-like numbers, he was still more of a factor on that team than many realize or are willing to give credit for. Knowing exactly what needs to be done with what resources you have (and most importantly getting it done) is a trait that Manning and very few other QBs have. He knew he had to be a game manager so he was the most prepared game manager in the NFL.

Sometimes, you just gotta be a Dilfer.

Anyone that thinks Brock would've won that game is just a Peyton hater and they want to take away from Peyton winning. There is no way in hell he wins against that team in the AFC Championship. People can think what they want I guess lmao if it makes their Brady love better. I could make a better argument for Drew Bledsoe beating the Rams in 2001 because the Pats Defense and SPTeams won that game. Had Bledsoe played, it probably would've been a blowout because he had a big arm and the Pats may have been up much worse than 17-3.

1 hour ago, bluebombers87 said:

Most people with common sense know and see this.  More importantly,  His teammates and Coaches, Owner and General Manager  knew and saw this.   Thank God.   

11 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Most people with common sense know and see this.  More importantly,  His teammates and Coaches, Owner and General Manager,  knew and saw this.   Thank God.   

People can talk all they want. If everyone in here had an all-time draft to start from scratch I bet they would take Peyton. I would. That is different from GOAT talk because accomplishments aren't in that talk but Peyton is who I would pick to build my franchise around. Awesome player and a Coach on the field + his dad and mom are great people too. = Great background.

Here is my all-time team, Offense:

QB - Peyton Manning

RB - Emmitt Smith

TE - Kellen Winslow Sr from the Chargers

WR - Jerry Rice

WR - Michael Irvin

WR - Marvin Harrison - Slot

OT - Anthony Munoz

OG - Larry Allen

C - Mike Webster

OG - Nate Newton

OT - Joe Jacoby

Defense:

DE - Reggie White

DT - Mean Joe Green

DE - Bruce Smith

OLB - Lawrence Taylor

ILB - Ray Lewis

ILB - Dick Butkus

OLB - Von Miller

CB - Deion Sanders

CB - Darrell Green

SS - Ronnie Lott

FS - Rod Woodson   

Punter- Ray Guy

Kicker - Adam Vinatieri

Kickoff Returner- Devin Hester

Punt Returner - I would have Deion do those as well

This team would go 19-0 

The bottom line is: Denver isn't in the AFC title game without Peyton because they were down 7 in the 3rd quarter to San Diego in Week 17. A loss there and they're the 5th seed and playing all games on the road.

Peyton makes fun of himself all the time. That's all he was doing at the awards show.

Denver doesn't win the AFC and Super Bowl 50 without Peyton because they wouldn't have been in the AFC title game.

We all knew that at the time. Time allows folks to change the truth