Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aaron Hernandez Commits Suicide

CR91

19 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

If trying to guarantee some money for his daughter, even if it's peanuts, isn't the reason for what he did, after being acquitted and having a chance at freedom, then what could possibly be the reason for what he did?

Probably because he didn't want to spend the rest of his life in prison.  The evidence in the Odin Lloyd case were overwhelming.  That wasn't getting overturned

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Probably because he didn't want to spend the rest of his life in prison.  

That would be more believable if he had just been found GUILTY of the double murder.  That's my point, he had a chance to NOT spend the rest of his life in prison.  Evidence in the Odin Lloyd case depended on testimony concerning the double-murder investigation.

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The evidence in the Odin Lloyd case were overwhelming.  That wasn't getting overturned

I'm not saying it would have happened, but his lawyers had an outside chance of getting him acquitted of all charges.  If you have a shred of belief that you might walk on all charges, you are not committing suicide, no matter what internet user jvan1973 believes about your chances of acquittal.

45 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I doubt guilt had anything to do with his actions.  I think his lawyers clued him into a legal loophole to get his daughter some guaranteed money and he wouldn't have to rot in prison for the rest of his life.

I don't agree with what he did, but it saved the taxpayers some money, and might have been the best thing he could do for his daughter.

But he still had a chance to have gotten his sentence vacated if he was still alive, he didn't have to do it....

7 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

That would be more believable if he had just been found GUILTY of the double murder.  That's my point, he had a chance to NOT spend the rest of his life in prison.  Evidence in the Odin Lloyd case depended on testimony concerning the double-murder investigation.

I'm not saying it would have happened, but his lawyers had an outside chance of getting him acquitted of all charges.  If you have a shred of belief that you might walk on all charges, you are not committing suicide, no matter what internet user jvan1973 believes about your chances of acquittal.

If he felt he had a chance of getting off,  why would he kill himself.   You are ruining your own argument.  Who knows why he killed himself.  I've never known a sociopath before.  

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

If he felt he had a chance of getting off,  why would he kill himself.   You are ruining your own argument.  Who knows why he killed himself.  I've never known a sociopath before.  

That's my point, he had a slim chance at freedom and took his own life.  Why?  Best case scenario, he's a free man, with civil lawsuits to worry about as the worst of his problems.  Worst case scenario, he has three free meals with a bed and a roof for the rest of his life.  Why commit suicide when everything is still up in the air?

Probably because it would benefit his daughter financially.

It might not even be the pension, maybe it's a cleverly worded insurance policy.

My point is that it isn't motivated by his freedom or lack of freedom, it's money.

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He knows he is guilty and doomed to life imprisonment.  Killing himself insures his daughter gets X amount of money after he's gone.

I know we all want to vilify Hernandez, I do, he is a HUGE * in my book, but if this act provided his daughter with some financial stability in place of a stable father, then so be it.  I'm not mad.  Saved the taxpayers some money too.

23 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

He knows he is guilty and doomed to life imprisonment.  Killing himself insures his daughter gets X amount of money after he's gone.

I know we all want to vilify Hernandez, I do, he is a HUGE * in my book, but if this act provided his daughter with some financial stability in place of a stable father, then so be it.  I'm not mad.  Saved the taxpayers some money too.

You just claimed in your last post he had a chance of exoneration, .   You need to figure out your angle

Just now, jvan1973 said:

You just claimed in your last post he had a chance of exoneration, .   You need to figure out your angle

Legally, he had a chance at exoneration, logically, he knows he is guilty (my own speculation) and doesn't really have a chance, so he does what he did.

If he were innocent, he wouldn't have done what he did.

Which leads back to him really being guilty and trying to pay his daughter instead of playing against the odds to be free.

55 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

That's why I am saying "follow the money".

He did this for a reason.

He did it because he's a psychopath. The Pats would have the same % chance of paying him if his appeal was successful whether he was alive or dead.

50 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Just now, bababooey said:

He did it because he's a psychopath. The Pats would have the same % chance of paying him if his appeal was successful whether he was alive or dead.

I don't know, maybe you're right.  I'm trying to make sense of senseless acts from a senseless person.

All I know is, I'm glad he won't be talked about much longer.  If they make a 30 for 30 about this dirtbag, I'll puke.

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

This says the pension is 470 a month for every year they played in the league.  His pension is peanuts

http://blog.futureadvisor.com/nfl-players-must-go-long-on-retirement/

That is somewhat correct. It appears that he made $470/yr for 2010 and 2011, but in 2012 it was increased to $560, Putting him at an even $1500/month or 18k/yr. Not great, but still a decent amount of money to get from a deadbeat dad. I know it sure would have helped if my deadbeat dad helped me and my 3 siblings that much. 

That being said, looking at the CBA, it appears that there is a section that increases benefits in the event of death, with payments going up to $4000/month as of January 1st, 2014, and increasing to $4400 as of Jan 1st, 2018. That falls in line with the numbers I had quoted earlier. Straight from the NFLPA handbook:

"If you die before you begin receiving retirement benefits, your surviving spouse or your children may qualify for a widow’s and surviving children’s death benefit, or your surviving spouse may qualify for a spouse’s preretirement death benefit. The amount of the monthly widow’s and surviving children’s death benefit will be $9,000 for the first 48 months following your death. This benefit then decreases to 50% of your benefit credits, with a minimum of $3,600. (Increasing to $4,000 January 1, 2014)"

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/NFLPA/Active Player Resources/Benefits_Book.pdf

So definitely not peanuts....

On 4/22/2017 at 0:51 AM, Jules said:

It is getting weirder...

Apparently he was planning this for weeks, giving away his stuff to other inmates, covering the floor in soap so his feet would slip if he lost his nerve at the last minute.  Which would mean the verdict the other day had no impact on his decision since it was pre-planned...   :scratch:

One of the 3 notes may have been to his gay inmate lover...

This feels like an edition of the National Enquirer you see on the stands at the grocery store checkout.

It's amazing to think you can posess 2 polar extremes line this guy obviously did.

I'm strictly talking how you can be a straight killer, but have the discipline and dedication to play football at a big time school and then one of the so called strictest nfl franchises. You can't do that football wise if you don't have positive traits (physical attributes aside).

Regardless of your opinion of this *, I've always been fascinated by those types...(psychopaths). 

I'd honestly watch a 30/30 on this guy. 

On 4/23/2017 at 8:09 AM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

It is getting weirder...

Apparently he was planning this for weeks, giving away his stuff to other inmates, covering the floor in soap so his feet would slip if he lost his nerve at the last minute.  Which would mean the verdict the other day had no impact on his decision since it was pre-planned...   :scratch:

This feels like an edition of the National Enquirer you see on the stands at the grocery store checkout.

Soap on the floor? Wow I didn't hear that one. And I did hear too that he was planning it for weeks to kill himself.

I have heard about the gay/bisexual rumors now too, the NY papers had that I read all over the place a few days ago. Those are around everywhere since anything sex related makes the news clearly in America. Plus he had the Bible quote on his forehead they say which is the same quote I think Tebow was famous for using. And he wrote all kinds of weird stuff out some claim too that pointed to Illuminati conspiracies which of course gets the conspiracy crowd juices flowing hard.

Not sure what is next or if there is something I don't know but I am almost afraid to know now. lmao 

"Private" Funeral.. The dude was laid to rest at a funeral home 2 miles from my house. Nobody would've expected he was there.. except for the barricade of police and secret service checking ID's just to get near the street.. Sad story, and little ole Bristol here gets no attention ever.

If he was acting this weird for days nobody asked him what was going on?

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

A judge threw out his murder conviction today.  I'll be curious to see if his family gets any money for him being innocent now. 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/us/aaron-hernandez-murder-conviction-abated/

Nothing at all, 

It was a technicality and doesn't mean he was innocent.  He killed himself,  so the court was forced to vacate the conviction because his appeals hadn't been heard.  This is a technicality to prevent the appeals from moving forward. The evidence proved without a shadow of a doubt he was guilty. 

But I'm sure the family will still look to get the money cause they care more getting money than caring about the person he killed.  Low life's. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/05/09/aaron-hernandez-suicide-murder-guilty-verdict-overturned

11 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Nothing at all, 

It was a technicality and doesn't mean he was innocent.  He killed himself,  so the court was forced to vacate the conviction because his appeals hadn't been heard.  This is a technicality to prevent the appeals from moving forward. The evidence proved without a shadow of a doubt he was guilty. 

But I'm sure the family will still look to get the money cause they care more getting money than caring about the person he killed.  Low life's. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/05/09/aaron-hernandez-suicide-murder-guilty-verdict-overturned

I agree with you.  I've read quite a few articles about the whole case and the past few I've read said that his family is going after his Patriots Pension now that his charge was vacated.  I just don't know how much of a legit chance they would have to get any sort of money.  Your right though, they care more about $ then family and people he killed.

25 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I agree with you.  I've read quite a few articles about the whole case and the past few I've read said that his family is going after his Patriots Pension now that his charge was vacated.  I just don't know how much of a legit chance they would have to get any sort of money.  Your right though, they care more about $ then family and people he killed.

They didn't vacate the gun charges so we have to wait and see how the contract deals with that.  

6 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

They didn't vacate the gun charges so we have to wait and see how the contract deals with that.  

That's very true.  I can't see the family getting any money, I was just curious.  I think Massachusetts should change or revise that law.  Do you know if other states have the same law?  I was thinking it was just Massachusetts. 

On Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 7:09 AM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

It is getting weirder...

The verdict came about because he committed suicide. So knowing his charges could be vacated this way,  making him technically innocent, it could have directly led to him making the decision.  Everything else could have been posturing so as to draw suspicion away from him doing it solely for the purpose of getting the money to his family.