ThorstenDenmark

Chris Ballard Poll

Chris Ballard Poll :)   145 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think CB has done a Good ? Mediocre or Worse job than Grigson so far?

• Good job - He's spot on
    • Mediocre - He's doing somethings right
    • Worse than Grigson - He's ruining the Colts Franchise

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

84 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

That would be sweet but Ballard getting an impact player and two day one defensive starters in the draft IMO is unrealistic. Hopefully he can draft a couple of player in rounds 2-5 that become starters but expecting that from day one I just think wont happen. Getting depth players is just as important as getting starters. That is something we have lacked for quite a while now.

I agree.  Is why I voted how I did.  Ballard put himself in a bad situation by not getting an impact player in FA.  Did not have to be a big name expensive player, just a player who would make an impact on the Defense.  None of his selections, IMO, will be an impact player.  So, Ballard has to hit big in the draft with Defense.

On 3/17/2017 at 1:35 PM, Everyone said:

Jags have spent a ton of money the past 3 season and only have around 10 wins to show for it. They must have the happiest fans though.

Exactly! Every NFL fans knows there is no game day experience quite like the Jaguars stadium. Those tarps in the upper deck where fans would normally sit sure cause a ruckus and create an intimidating home field advantage. 

30 minutes ago, gacker65 said:

I agree.  Is why I voted how I did.  Ballard put himself in a bad situation by not getting an impact player in FA.  Did not have to be a big name expensive player, just a player who would make an impact on the Defense.  None of his selections, IMO, will be an impact player.  So, Ballard has to hit big in the draft with Defense.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Jabaal Sheard becomes a starter and John Simon a decent depth player. At this point just starting with those two is a good start. Hitting on an impact player is a hit or miss but it will take time to know for sure. The impact player can come from another pick besides number one.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• JSYK We dont have 31 million to spend 
    • I agree. As long as that that person is answering it like an opinion and everyone realizes it's an opinion, then everything is solid. It gets when people are telling opinions as facts that it starts to head south. You see plenty of both, but it's usually just a lot of debating from my point of view. Some good points of view, and some bad ones, but as long as we all acknowledge these point of views as opinions when they are, then I see nothing wrong with it. I think it just gets out of control when there are rumors, mostly during FA and the draft, and people take it out of context at times, myself included.
    •   Well.....   There's good conversation and then there's.....      NOT so good conversation.   And this website has plenty of both.     I'd love to have more of the good kind and less of the NOT so good kind.   Deciding now that a poster here --- any poster here --- knows what Chris Ballard thinks of a player is ridiculous because none of us knows anything.    Ballard may love the guy.    He may like the guy.    He may not like him.   But nobody knows.      So, stating as fact that Ballard doesn't like someone is a dog that just won't hunt.....  
    • Things went our way tonight all around. Pacers win, Hawks and Bucks lose. Now there is a 3 way tie for 5th. It will be interesting to see how we finish.   Bad night with injuries for this team though. We already knew GR3 hurt his calf in practice and then Stuckey and Al Jefferson go down tonight. I actually want to see more Brooks/Ellis/Miles and more Christmas so hopefully they can pick up momentum if we can make the playoffs.
    • I wouldn't call it a flaw at all. In fact, it's the main premise that a sports forum is built around. Trying to put pieces of the puzzle together on certain things and predicting the future. That's how conversation is started a lot of the time in particular and it keeps people engaged. Without people jumping to conclusions with little evidence, it'd just be people reporting facts on twitter and chat on gameday, which wouldn't be a lot of fun by itself.
  • Members

• SDakColts

SDakColts 526

• BlueShoe

BlueShoe 1,988

• Krauses

Krauses 70

• colts52761

colts52761 65

• JTrouble

JTrouble 18

• SilentHill

SilentHill 2,594

• Colt Overseas

Colt Overseas 95

• Boomstick1

Boomstick1 359

• JRoss1997

JRoss1997 1

Rookie
    • KB

KB 136

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.