Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sign Kap to backup Luck?

5 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Tolzien can throw interceptions, you're right.  Are you really trying to argue he's better than Kaep?

there would too much back lash from signing kap, and hes just a back up QB

teams dont want a media circus following the back ups

talent wise he is better than scott, but hes not so great as to be worth irsay wanting to deal with what will come with it

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

I'll take Kaep + media over Tolzien + no media.  Tolzien isn't winning us any games if he has to start.  Kaep can.

Have you seen Kaepernick play the last few years? Hes been awful. Dude got benched for Blaine Gabbert.

I'll take Tolzien with no baggage over a horrible Kaepernick with a lot of baggage.

26 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Have you seen Kaepernick play the last few years? Hes been awful. Dude got benched for Blaine Gabbert.

I'll take Tolzien with no baggage over a horrible Kaepernick with a lot of baggage.

16 TDs and 4 INTs in 12 games last year is "awful"?  On a team void of talent no less.

And his "baggage" is a joke.  Taking a knee for social justice.  Yeah that really compares to players who abuse women that are on rosters around the league.

We would have to be desperate with a capital D to sign Kap.  I don't know how he would do in our offensive system.

If something happens to Luck, and he is going to miss significant time (like, the whole season), and Tolzien and Morris start taking a beating and losing games, then the Colts might bring Kap in for insurance.

But as long as Luck and luck are on our side, hard pass.

On March 10, 2017 at 3:48 PM, Superman said:

I'm taking a knee to protest people protesting protests. 

This reply is pretty darn clever. Regardless of how a person sees Collin as a QB or not, I just liked the arrangement of words there. :hat: 

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

He got benched in a game in which he attempted five passes, but was sacked five times. He also had 3 scrambles. Something tells me the OL wasn't having a good game...

1 hour ago, dudley dawson said:

And his "baggage" is a joke.  Taking a knee for social justice.  Yeah that really compares to players who abuse women that are on rosters around the league.

Without delving into the political realm, I do agree with you DD that when you take into other violent transgressions in the league over the years... Former WR Donte Stallworth, Former NY Giants FG kicker Josh Brown, Greg Hardy-- What Kaep did pales in comparison to say vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated, beating a wife, & beating an ex fiancee. 

Plus, I still remember the controversy the shield got itself into when it was discovered that all 32 owners were taking money from all 4 US military branches in order to show a collective thank you for their service. The owners tried to claim it was some sort of mutual business arrangement between Uncle Sam & the League but bribery is not charity or genuine goodwill I'm sorry. Therefore, it's a bit disingenuous in my estimation to on the 1 hand claim the owners love the troops while taking money to show military appreciation & then create the impression that other owners are offended that Collin disrespected the flag by deciding not to stand up. 

I just wish team owners would just come right out & say "I'm sorry Collin but we feel your skills as a QB have declined significantly." At least that approach would be direct & give him a definitive answer about his future NFL prospects overall. 

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

We would have to be desperate with a capital D to sign Kap.  I don't know how he would do in our offensive system.

If something happens to Luck, and he is going to miss significant time (like, the whole season), and Tolzien and Morris start taking a beating and losing games, then the Colts might bring Kap in for insurance.

But as long as Luck and luck are on our side, hard pass.

Someone on SI or maybe MMQB recently wrote an article that was pretty exaggerated, because their argument is that Kap would be the 16th best backup in the NFL. That's such an outrageous statement to me, given what Kap has shown he can do.

However, the argument that did hit home is that NFL teams prefer their backup QB to be a system guy who can run the offense effectively, who will stay in the pocket and get the ball out of his hands. That's not Kap. As a matter of fact, you almost have to change the offense if he comes in. No question he can make plays, but not within a traditional NFL offense. I thought he'd be a good fit for Seattle, but they passed on him.

I think Kap is better than a handful of NFL starters. I believe if he hadn't decided to protest last season, he'd be on an NFL team, maybe with a chance to start for someone. He isn't refined as a passer, and will probably never be, but there's no way he'd be only the 49th best QB in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Someone on SI or maybe MMQB recently wrote an article that was pretty exaggerated, because their argument is that Kap would be the 16th best backup in the NFL. That's such an outrageous statement to me, given what Kap has shown he can do.

However, the argument that did hit home is that NFL teams prefer their backup QB to be a system guy who can run the offense effectively, who will stay in the pocket and get the ball out of his hands. That's not Kap. As a matter of fact, you almost have to change the offense if he comes in. No question he can make plays, but not within a traditional NFL offense. I thought he'd be a good fit for Seattle, but they passed on him.

I think Kap is better than a handful of NFL starters. I believe if he hadn't decided to protest last season, he'd be on an NFL team, maybe with a chance to start for someone. He isn't refined as a passer, and will probably never be, but there's no way he'd be only the 49th best QB in the NFL.

Yeah if a team was willing to employ an offensive system that caters to him, he would be a good starter.  The Colts could feasibly do that, but the ship would have to be sinking before we even considered it.  

It would likely be a situation where nothing is working, Chuck feels the heat of his seat, and he just starts throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

I doubt he would be brought in as a clipboard-holder. 

7 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Yeah if a team was willing to employ an offensive system that caters to him, he would be a good starter.  The Colts could feasibly do that, but the ship would have to be sinking before we even considered it.  

It would likely be a situation where nothing is working, Chuck feels the heat of his seat, and he just starts throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

I doubt he would be brought in as a clipboard-holder. 

Oh, not a good fit for the Colts, and that's easy to see. Chud might have a breakdown trying to change the offense to cater to Kap.

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:50 PM, Superman said:

He got benched in a game in which he attempted five passes, but was sacked five times. He also had 3 scrambles. Something tells me the OL wasn't having a good game...

Something tells me maybe it was like George with the Colts. All those years ago lol

1 hour ago, BR-549 said:

Because we do not need our quarterback dividing our locker room over social issues ... we need him to lead our team with solid football play.

Show me a single report of a player claiming Kaep divided the team last year.  His team loved him, even those who disagreed with his actions.

20 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Show me a single report of a player claiming Kaep divided the team last year.  His team loved him, even those who disagreed with his actions.

Why do you think nobody is signing him? There are plenty of bad players signed on NFL teams, but a lot of those players probably don't have baggage.

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

Why do you think nobody is signing him? There are plenty of bad players signed on NFL teams, but a lot of those players probably don't have baggage.

Because the billionaires who control the NFL are perfectly ok with serial abusers being on rosters, but not someone who dares challenge the status quo.

3 hours ago, dudley dawson said:

Were you there?  You just keep trying to make a point that is not going to gain much support from Colts fans.  I don't need to show you anything.... the man does not have a job, does that add up for you or are you going to continue to try to make a point that is not substantiated.  

Move on, your argument has no merit.

1 hour ago, dudley dawson said:

Because the billionaires who control the NFL are perfectly ok with serial abusers being on rosters, but not someone who dares challenge the status quo.

Its a distraction. Not sure how this is even debatable. Kaep was in the news about it every single week. Teams don't like that. Also, it doesn't help that Kaep is a bad QB. Maybe if he was actually good a team would sign him anyway, even with his distractions.

On 6/12/2017 at 8:54 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Its a distraction. Not sure how this is even debatable. Kaep was in the news about it every single week. Teams don't like that. Also, it doesn't help that Kaep is a bad QB. Maybe if he was actually good a team would sign him anyway, even with his distractions.

The biggest drawback is the distraction.  Football is the most militaristic of the major sports...one for all and all for one.  Distractions, whether warranted or not, affect the locker room....despite whether you agree with his stance or not.  I really don't care if he wants to kneel, I care that it is a distraction that others may feed negatively off of.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:41 PM, RockThatBlue said:

He doesnt want to be a backup.,.is why I think nobody is signing him

18 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

The biggest drawback is the distraction.  Football is the most militaristic of the major sports...one for all and all for one.  Distractions, whether warranted or not, affect the locker room....despite whether you agree with his stance or not.  I really don't care if he wants to kneel, I care that it is a distraction that others may feed negatively off of.

So having a guy who beats women as your teammate isn't a distraction, but someone who kneels is?

On 5/9/2017 at 1:38 PM, Superman said:

That's obvious, but the insulting part is that people continue to act like his speaking out isn't a big reason he's not on a team right now. He might not be great, but he's better than a lot of QBs on NFL rosters right now, including some projected starters. 

If the Jets weren't serious about this upcoming tank, they'd definitely sign him. But they're serious about this upcoming tank.

On 6/12/2017 at 5:54 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Also, it doesn't help that Kaep is a bad QB.

You should have left this out. It's not debatable that Kap is better than a lot of QBs on rosters right now. There's only one reason he doesn't have a job right now. 

28 minutes ago, bababooey said:

If the Jets weren't serious about this upcoming tank, they'd definitely sign him. But they're serious about this upcoming tank.

I think they are, but I can't understand why they're trying to get top dollar for Sheldon Richardson. They are obviously not going to re-sign him, and he's their third highest paid player. They might as well sell him off now for whatever they can get, save the $8m and get a pick or two for 2018. I think they could get a 3rd and a future 4th right now, and move on.

Maybe they will; training camp is still two months away. Maybe they're waiting for someone to have an injury and make a panic move.