Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robinson

Coltfreak

Without looking at the game more closely, He  appeared to play pretty well today.   I have been very hard on him and IMO it was much deserved, but today he did well.

Of course Mariota isnt near as good as I thought he would be so that helped. 

But good job Robinson

51 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Without looking at the game more closely, He  appeared to play pretty well today.   I have been very hard on him and IMO it was much deserved, but today he did well.

Of course Mariota isnt near as good as I thought he would be so that helped. 

But good job Robinson

I thought he played pretty well, also.  He was never badly burned, he seems to be a pretty good tackler and he had a nice INT (if it wasn't for McNary's bone-headed play to ruin it).

As the secondary gets healthier (keep in mind, we've had injuries to our top 3 CBs and 2 of our top 3 safeties), I don't worry about them so much on D.... they may struggle all season if we can't rush the passer, but I don't think it's due to lack of talent back there (though Geathers looks a bit shaky on pass-coverage at times).

He definitely looked better. He was somewhat aided by Mariota being somewhat inaccurate though. A couple of the plays he was defending should have been completed otherwise. The difference was he was much closer this time where he could make the tackle/possibly contest the catch. Definitely improved. He can build on this game. 

Just now, Derakynn said:

He definitely looked better. He was somewhat aided by Mariota being somewhat inaccurate though. A couple of the plays he was defending should have been completed otherwise. The difference was he was much closer this time where he could make the tackle/possibly contest the catch. Definitely improved. He can build on this game. 

I saw the same thing, he made some nice plays, but a better QB and receiver would have likely torched Robinson on a few of those plays.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm starting to get worried about Geathers to be honest. Hes getting burned by tight ends and running backs. TJ Green on the other hand is in position but making silly rookie mistakes. Got to clean it up fellas.

I think Green is going to be REALLY good when he cleans up the rookie mistakes.

Just now, krunk said:

I'm starting to get worried about Geathers to be honest. Hes getting burned by tight ends and running backs. TJ Green on the other hand is in position but making silly rookie mistakes. Got to clean it up fellas.

It looks like Geathers is a little hesitant or just late reading the play, at least he isn't limited by his athleticism, like a lot of other defensive starters.

Mariota made him look like a serviceable #2 today. Robinson got cooked twice for what would have been TD's if I remember correctly without going back and watching the game yet but Mariota just flat missed his target. In the end congrats to Robinson for not being a liability and getting the pick. He might even be made to look good 2 weeks in a row with Alex Smith coming to town next week...However Aaron Rodgers in 2 weeks