Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Antonio Cromartie Still Waiting For Another Chance

WarGhost21

Daily Reminder: Please be courteous to myself and others in the comments. Rude behavior will not be tolerated!! Thanks!

Here's the story:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000685382/article/cromartie-something-is-going-to-happen-for-me-soon

With the Colts looking for more secondary help, why not take a jab at Cromartie. He had a down year last season but he's definitely better than most of our current options (Davis and Robinson aside). What do you think? 

1 minute ago, WarGhost21 said:

Daily Reminder: Please be courteous to myself and others in the comments. Rude behavior will not be tolerated!! Thanks!

Here's the story:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000685382/article/cromartie-something-is-going-to-happen-for-me-soon

With the Colts looking for more secondary help, why not take a jab at Cromartie. He had a down year last season but he's definitely better than most of our current options (Davis and Robinson aside). What do you think? 

Considering how slowly D'Joun Smith is coming along, it honestly couldn't hurt to have him in for a tryout.

6 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Here's the story:

Someone will.  I'm not sure what he has left though.

I wonder what is dollar number is?  I don't know what we have left under the cap.  Even vet min at his age must be pretty steep.

That's a potential Week 1 move, not an early preseason move, IMO. I'm not that excited about Cromartie, but if you get through a couple preseason games and you're not excited about the young guys, then think about a veteran. 

We haven't seen Smith yet, but my biggest concern is Butler. He got roasted on Saturday, and he's been slipping for two years now. As the primary nickel, he might be a major liability. 

53 minutes ago, Superman said:

That's a potential Week 1 move, not an early preseason move, IMO. I'm not that excited about Cromartie, but if you get through a couple preseason games and you're not excited about the young guys, then think about a veteran. 

We haven't seen Smith yet, but my biggest concern is Butler. He got roasted on Saturday, and he's been slipping for two years now. As the primary nickel, he might be a major liability. 

You don't really put Cromartie at slot though, either. If anything, if Robinson struggles early, he could be an option.

2 minutes ago, Andrew Luck's Beard said:

You don't really put Cromartie at slot though, either. If anything, if Robinson struggles early, he could be an option.

Yeah I'm not interested in Cromartie either way. Just saying if we need help, I'm not eager to sign someone right now. I'd be making that move closer to the beginning of the season after the young guys have had a chance to show what they can do.

And related, I think the issue is probably more with Butler than with the young guys.