Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady to Appeal....

csmopar

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Serious question.  Will this saga ever end?

im asking the same thing, i dont think it will

I think Brady is going to drag this out until he retires.  Think about it, even if this court rules against him, he goes to the Supreme court, which will issue a stay of the suspension until it decides to hear or not hear the case, which experts say could take 1-2 years.........

I honestly think the league should strip the titles if that were to happen.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I think Brady is going to drag this out until he retires.  Think about it, even if this court rules against him, he goes to the Supreme court, which will issue a stay of the suspension until it decides to hear or not hear the case, which experts say could take 1-2 years.........

Superman has said all along he believes Brady would use every legal avenue to delay serving the suspension. I've tended to agree with him at every step. But will Brady still be in the NFL once the final irrevocable decision is rendered?

9 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Superman has said all along he believes Brady would use every legal avenue to delay serving the suspension. I've tended to agree with him at every step. But will Brady still be in the NFL once the final irrevocable decision is rendered?

To me battling against the commissioner of the league shows his arrogance and he thinks he's bigger than league by doing so. We will see how this plays out. If I was him I would just take the 4 game suspension, they will probably go 2-2 anyway and go 12-4 as usual and everyone will forget about it at that point.

What's going on is, Brady knows if he serves the suspension everyone will say his legacy is tainted and he knows this and he doesn't want this. If he admits any kind of guilt than people will pile on him as well. So he keeps dragging this nonsense out. Even if he does 1 game he still loses so he is going to fight this to try to get 0 games.

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What's going on is, Brady knows if he serves the suspension everyone will say his legacy is tainted and he knows this and he doesn't want this. If he admits any kind of guilt than people will pile on him as well. So he keeps dragging this nonsense out. Even if he does 1 game he still loses so he is going to fight this to try to get 0 games.

whats sad is that Pete Rose is banned for life from MLB just for gambling..... this looney that is brady isn't but should be from the NFL

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

I do think Brady is going to try and drag this out until he retires.  

But I want to point out. . . the SCOTUS is not going to hear this case.  There is just no way they take this case.  I would be very surprised if they did.  

Most of the justices would look at it as a disrespect to the institution of the courts for the SCOTUS to take on this case.  

47 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

But I want to point out. . . the SCOTUS is not going to hear this case.  There is just no way they take this case.  I would be very surprised if they did.  

Most of the justices would look at it as a disrespect to the institution of the courts for the SCOTUS to take on this case.  

i agree

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

whats sad is that Pete Rose is banned for life from MLB just for gambling..... this looney that is brady isn't but should be from the NFL

It's a little more complicated and involved that just gambling. Rose betting on his own team as a manager is the ultimate blow to the integrity of the game. Do I think he deserves a lifetime bad? No, but he knew what the penalties would be before hand. To top it off he lied about it for years.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's a little more complicated and involved that just gambling. Rose betting on his own team as a manager is the ultimate blow to the integrity of the game. Do I think he deserves a lifetime bad? No, but he knew what the penalties would be before hand. To top it off he lied about it for years.

i get what you're saying, its an red apple to a green apple case but nevertheless, both undermined the integrity of the games.......

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think all coaches and players should have to bet on their own teams to win.   I bet they would give more effort late in a lost season.   And Pete never bet on his team to lose.    What's the problem

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I think all coaches and players should have to bet on their own teams to win.   I bet they would give more effort late in a lost season.   And Pete never bet on his team to lose.    What's the problem

What's the problem? I know that doesn't need explaining to you so I wont go there.

2 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Agreed.

2 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Typically, i would feel the same.  OTOH, the NFL is appealing the Adrian Peterson case they lost in Minnesota.Federal District Court ( just as they lost in NY on Brady case ).  But the Brady case was reversed in Appellate court.  The Minnesota appeal by the NFL decision has not been reached yet.  My position is that if, and a big IF, the Minnesota court still finds in favor of Adrian Peterson, then there is an appellate court split on NFL arbitration awards.  That is a major function (up to 90% of their docket) of the SCOTUS, to settle such splits.  In that case, I would be surprised if they didn't. So it still may not out of the question, at this point.

Eh the fact we're still talking about it after 2 SB's have already been played and in the record books says more about the NFL than Brady at this point. I mean yeah I don't like him either but if they really cared about Deflategate as much as they claimed he wouldn't have been allowed to play in SB 49.

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

If he is betting on his team to WIN the game.    Why does it matter?

Betting on baseball when you are in or coaching is against the rules. That is made very clear to anyone who is around the game. The result of getting caught are very clear. You do it, get caught and it is a life time ban. The integrity of the game does matter.

31 minutes ago, CF4L said:

Eh the fact we're still talking about it after 2 SB's have already been played and in the record books says more about the NFL than Brady at this point. I mean yeah I don't like him either but if they really cared about Deflategate as much as they claimed he wouldn't have been allowed to play in SB 49.

The NFL didn't have a choice in letting him play. Everyone is entitled to continue to play while their appeal is heard. It's common.

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Betting on baseball when you are in or coaching is against the rules. That is made very clear to anyone who is around the game. The result of getting caught are very clear. You do it, get caught and it is a life time ban. The integrity of the game does matter.

How is the integrity in jeopardy if you are betting on your team to win?

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

How is the integrity in jeopardy if you are betting on your team to win?

Integrity? Lets see. Betting is not legal to do in MLB. Breaking the rules by betting to gain monetary payment on your job does not follow the definition of integrity. Lying does not have any integrity either. Sorry, just because you are a Pete Rose fan does not change the facts.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Integrity? Lets see. Betting is not legal to do in MLB. Breaking the rules by betting to gain monetary payment on your job does not follow the definition of integrity. Lying does not have any integrity either. Sorry, just because you are a Pete Rose fan does not change the facts.

Doctoring balls,   corked bats,  steroid use,  failing drugs tests.    All worse infractions than betting on your team to win.    It has nothing to do with integrity of the game.    If that was the case,   all of those other infractions would have lifetime bans as well.   Get real

41 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The NFL didn't have a choice in letting him play. Everyone is entitled to continue to play while their appeal is heard. It's common.

Then that is Brady's strategy then - just like everything the Pats do, he has found a loophole - he will appeal constantly and while the appeal is being heard, the NFL must allow him to play. He will drag this on until he retires.

Maybe Gronk was right. Perhaps Brady won't miss any games this season after all.

Hopefully he wins for the better of the league. This stopped being about the "controversy" the minute Goodell stepped over and fought it. This is about the power struggle of the leader of the NFL wanting to be unquestioned and do whatever he wants.

There wasn't even a controversy to begin with over the deflated balls after all the smoke cleared. One team that was sore losers in a game they were blown out very badly in. This is one of the silliest fabricated witch hunts ever in NFL history. 

2 minutes ago, Bogie said:

Hopefully he wins for the better of the league. This stopped being about the "controversy" the minute Goodell stepped over and fought it. This is about the power struggle of the leader of the NFL wanting to be unquestioned and do whatever he wants.

There wasn't even a controversy to begin with over the deflated balls after all the smoke cleared. One team that was sore losers in a game they were blown out very badly in. This is one of the silliest fabricated witch hunts ever in NFL history. 

Here you are being wrong again.   Congrats

11 minutes ago, Bogie said:

That's all fine and dandy that they were better, nobody disputes that. But Brady lied, obstructed an investigation, destroyed his phone or had it destroyed - why? I have never thought the Colts were better but I truly believe the Pats cheated and Brady knew about the balls. They didn't have too which is the hilarious thing about it to me but they did. To many people it's not a big deal but to many it is because of the integrity of the game.

11 minutes ago, Bogie said:

I really hate when people drag the Colts into the mud over all this. Listen, our team had concerns about the condition of the footballs, and Grigson heard from the Ravens there was cause for concern, so when we noticed it during our game, we did our obligation by reporting it. That's it. It doesn't matter who won or lost. If there is cause for concern regarding the integrity of the game, it needs to be reported.

This is no longer about the Colts. It hasn't been for a long time now. Whether Goodell and Brady want to keep pushing this is now in their court, not ours. I don't want to hear anything about the Colts.

4 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

I really hate when people drag the Colts into the mud over all this. Listen, our team had concerns about the condition of the footballs, and Grigson heard from the Ravens there was cause for concern, so when we noticed it during our game, we did our obligation by reporting it. That's it. It doesn't matter who won or lost. If there is cause for concern regarding the integrity of the game, it needs to be reported.

This is no longer about the Colts. It hasn't been for a long time now. Whether Goodell and Brady want to keep pushing this is now in their court, not ours. I don't want to hear anything about the Colts.

It really has nothing to do with us, we didn't cheat.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It really has nothing to do with us, we didn't cheat.

Which is why it frustrates me when people mention us, like we're a bunch of crybabies for losing. I had a feeling this would happen. I thought us getting blown out would cause people NOT to think we're crybabies, since it wouldn't have impacted the result anyways, but nope, ironically, people still think we're crybabies.

I try not to read the appeal deflategate comments. One out of every 15 comments is about the Colts. It's better than what it was, but still people are throwing it around.

11 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Which is why it frustrates me when people mention us, like we're a bunch of crybabies for losing. I had a feeling this would happen. I thought us getting blown out would cause people NOT to think we're crybabies, since it wouldn't have impacted the result anyways, but nope, ironically, people still think we're crybabies.

I try not to read the appeal deflategate comments. One out of every 15 comments is about the Colts. It's better than what it was, but still people are throwing it around.

I know, actually most Colts fans like you and I would agree the Pats were better and I haven't heard one Colts player complain about the loss. That isn't the point though as we know.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Except teams mentioned this way before the AFC title game though I just see no point in suspending the dude for 4 regular season games that won't matter when he won the ultimate prize: the Super Bowl. Really who wouldn't take that trade off I rather miss 4 regular season games and still keep my SB title.

1 minute ago, CF4L said:

Except teams mentioned this way before the AFC title game though I just see no point in suspending the dude for 4 regular season games that won't matter when he won the ultimate prize: the Super Bowl. Really who wouldn't take that trade off I rather miss 4 regular season games and still keep my SB title.

Yep. He still keeps his SB win, that is why I dont understand why Patriots fans are so upset over the situation. I guess it's that legacy thingy haha Oh well he still has 4 Rings so why would Pats fans be upset about anything in reality.

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Doctoring balls,   corked bats,  steroid use,  failing drugs tests.    All worse infractions than betting on your team to win.    It has nothing to do with integrity of the game.    If that was the case,   all of those other infractions would have lifetime bans as well.   Get real

Just because that is your opinion does not make it so.

1 hour ago, CF4L said:

Which is exactly why they should have stripped them of the titles instead of suspending....

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep. He still keeps his SB win, that is why I dont understand why Patriots fans are so upset over the situation. I guess it's that legacy thingy haha Oh well he still has 4 Rings so why would Pats fans be upset about anything in reality.

Yea it's funny because you have Pat fans saying that if they could do it all over again, they would. They'd gladly lose draft picks and money if it meant winning a Superbowl every year!

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just because that is your opinion does not make it so.

Doctoring balls,   corking bats and using steroids have a direct effect on the outcomes of games.   Betting on your team to WIN doesn't.    If you think it was ever about the integrity of the game you are very gullible