Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Possible UDFA Wishlist

It's early, but here's a list of guys I hope Indy gets to look at as UDFA's post draft.  I figure Indy to be big buyers on the UDFA market, seeing as they don't seem to be interested in signing many vet FA's this season, and Indy should be desirable for a lot of UDFA's as we have I believe the longest active streak of at least one making the roster, and a long history of opportunity for these kind of guys.....  what do you think?

QB - Nate Sudfeld - Indiana 6-6, 240

Blake Frohnapfel - UMASS - 6-5 230

OC - Marcus Henry - Boise St. - 6-2 295   3 year starter, lacks ideal size grinder, high-motoer/effort guy.... Scouts have been to Boise state plenty, maybe he caught their eye

RB - Peyton Barber - Auburn - 5-10 220  probably will be drafted day 3, but he is Josh Robinson-esque, definitely will be priority FA for several teams if not drafted

Keenan Reynolds - Navy - 511 190  Gadget player, tough, not too fast, ball security issues, can catch..... can he play ST's?  That could be the key for him

TE - Tyler Higbee - Western Kentucky 6-6 249 Great prospect, but huge red flags... maybe ask former Teammate JAck Doyle what he thinks?

WR - Chris Brown - Notre Dame 6-2 195 Height, Burner, late bloomer at WR...... probably a late round pick, will be priority FA if undrafted jack of all trades, master of none

S -  Jordan Lomax - Iowa 5-10 202  If he's undrafted, he may be my personal favorite UDFA target.... stocky box safety and ST guy most likely....NOT Bob Sanders  lol

-   Dante Barnett - K State 6-0 190  Big school experience, more of a SS than we may need

-   Trae Elston - Mississippi - 5-11 195 No standout physical characteristics, but a productive FS prospect from a big school and conference

CB - Josh Atkinson - Azusa Pacific - 6-0 195 Former ND Corner, could play FS and ST gunner as well as CB in NFL..... priority UDFA

- Wayne Lyons - Michigan - 6-1 196 Former Stanford Corner, possible move to FS.....good size, underwhelming year, good press-corner potential

DT - Antwaun Woods - USC  - 6-0 325 good motor, short arms, built like a brick outhouse..... potential as 2 down Run stopper at NT in a rotation DL

- Darius Latham - Indiana - 6-4 311 wide body athletic DT, measurables are great, production didn't match....fundamentals need work, was suspended 2 times from team 

Don't know much about UDFA linebacker targets....

Paul McRoberts- WR, Southeast Missouri State

MarQuez North- WR, Tennessee

Matt Skura- C, Duke

Matt Hegarty- G, Oregon

Parker Ehinger- G, Cinncinati

Stephane Nembot- T, Colorado

Donte Deayon- CB, Boise State

Aziz Spittu, DT- Stanford

Joel Heath- DT, Michigan State

Drew Ott- DT, Iowa

Working with true UCFA types (shouldn't be drafted):

• Clay DeBord, OT, Eastern Washington. 
  • Jamie Byrd, S, South Florida. 
  • Darion Griswold, TE, Arkansas St.
  • Roy Robertson-Harris, OLB, UTEP.
  • Dwayne Washington, RB, U-Dub. 
  • O.J. Mau, NT, Garner-Webb. 
  • Alex Erickson, WR, Wisconsin. 
  • Sean McEwen, C, Calgary. 

who I want is the 2 guys to most likely be good players. These 2 guys will probably go undrafted because of off the field issues and I hope we pick both of them up.

Tyler Higbee

Demarcus Robinson

Both of those kid's have starters potential. Robinson would be perfect as our 4th WR, and Higbee and Allen could be an unbelievable duo. Another guy I like, but wont be an UDFA is Rashard Robinson. He's one of the top press corners in the class and will be taken in the 4-6 range. We need to jump all over these types. The 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round talents that fall to the later rounds or UDFA.

Also.....

Marquez North

Tyron Holmes

Alex McCalister

Possible undrafted free agents:

Parker Ehinger OL Cincinnati
Brandon Shell OL South Carolina
Temarrick Hemingway TE South Carolina St.
Trevor Davis WR California
Juston Burris DB N.C. State
Brandon Williams DB Texas A&M
Marshaun Coprich RB Illinois St.
Joel Heath DL Michigan St.
Kalan Reed DB Southern Miss
Jakeem Grant WR Texas Tech
Jake Brendel OL UCLA
Ken Crawley DB Colorado
Luther Maddy DL Virginia Tech
Connor Wujciak DL Boston College
Ryan Malleck TE Virginia Tech
Mike Matthews OL Texas A&M
Josh Woodrum QB Liberty
Joel Stave QB Wisconsin
De'Vante Harris DB Texas A&M
Lloyd Carrington DB Arizona State
Chris Mayes DL Georgia
Vernon Adams QB Oregon
Alex Balducci DL Oregon

There are some names being dropped as UDFA's that I csn't see as UDFA We will no here in the next couple of days

Perkins will go around the 5th IMO I hope we spend a pick on him. I'm really surprised how little he is being talked about 

I am looking at C/G Booker Missouri St and RB Coprich IIIinois St 

For me,

Nick VanHoose, DB - Northwestern

Joey Hunt, C - TCU

Elandon Roberts, ILB - Houston

Teddy Karras, OG - Illinois

K.J. Maye, WR - Minnesota

Trevon Stewart, FS - Houston

Mehdi Abdesmad, DE - Boston College

Jake Ruddock, QB - Michigan

Rico Gathers, PF - Baylor

Adam Fuehne, TE - Southern Illinois

14 hours ago, akcolt said:

There are some names being dropped as UDFA's that I csn't see as UDFA We will no here in the next couple of days

Perkins will go around the 5th IMO I hope we spend a pick on him. I'm really surprised how little he is being talked about 

I am looking at C/G Booker Missouri St and RB Coprich IIIinois St 

Perkins issues are of course, lesser competition, not too big a worry by itself..... but he has no real pass rush skills, and isn't known to cover very well.....he's built like a SS and can't really carry more weight..... he's a hell of an athlete who dominated at lower levels, but needs a lot of refinement..... in the NFL his athleticism will be negated.

9 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Perkins issues are of course, lesser competition, not too big a worry by itself..... but he has no real pass rush skills, and isn't known to cover very well.....he's built like a SS and can't really carry more weight..... he's a hell of an athlete who dominated at lower levels, but needs a lot of refinement..... in the NFL his athleticism will be negated.

Are we talking about the same guy? Perkins is 6'3 240lbs that is almost the same exact size as Spence 

10 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

He runs faster than a lot of SS I haven't seen a 240lb SS. Have you watched tape even the stuff Krunk posted? No pass rush skills? He knows he needs to add weight 

Perkins: "I feel like in pass rush, the way I set up my moves during the game, over the course of a game and really breaking it down to the details. And watching film on my opponent really gives me an advantage all week. I just feel that my preparation puts me at an advantage every week."

What is one aspect of your game that you are looking to improve between now and April?

Perkins: "I feel like I need to gain weight". I'm not sure you know what position I'll be playing. I hope I'm pass rushing and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be playing a 3-4 linebacker spot. But I just need to gain weight. The NFL is the next level, everyone there is bigger, faster, stronger so that's what I need to do."

21 hours ago, akcolt said:

He runs faster than a lot of SS I haven't seen a 240lb SS. Have you watched tape even the stuff Krunk posted? No pass rush skills? He knows he needs to add weight 

Perkins: "I feel like in pass rush, the way I set up my moves during the game, over the course of a game and really breaking it down to the details. And watching film on my opponent really gives me an advantage all week. I just feel that my preparation puts me at an advantage every week."

What is one aspect of your game that you are looking to improve between now and April?

Perkins: "I feel like I need to gain weight". I'm not sure you know what position I'll be playing. I hope I'm pass rushing and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be playing a 3-4 linebacker spot. But I just need to gain weight. The NFL is the next level, everyone there is bigger, faster, stronger so that's what I need to do."

I hopei'm way off, and I like him as a UDFa

WR Keyarris Garrett- Tulsa

WR Roger Lewis- Bowling Green

RB Peyton Barber -Auburn

QB Vernon Adams-Oregon

TE Kyle Carter-Penn St.

LB Eric Striker Oklahoma

DT Antwaun Woods-USC

CB Jonathan Jones Auburn

CB Kevin Peterson Oklahoma

victor ochi, OLB, Stony Brook

James Cowser, OLB, Southern Utah

NIle Lawrence-Stample, NT, Florida State

Devon Cajuste, WR, Stanford

Hunter Sharp, WR, Utah State

Henry Krieger Coble, TE, Iowa

Ben Braunecker, TE, Harvard

Kevin Peterson, CB, Oklahoma State

Tyvis Powell, S, Ohio State

Possible Stanford Free Agents who have already signed.......       ELSEWHERE....

Cajuste and Kevin Anderson to SF

Aziz %tu to Philly.....

Was hoping those first two would've given Indy serious consideration.      Oh well,  good luck to them....

18 minutes ago, bertjones7 said:

Looks like Perkins to sea

Reported colts signings so far:

• Adam Redmond/OT/Harvard
  • Tevaun Smith/WR/Iowa
  • Ron Thompson/DL/Syracuse
  • Josh Ferguson/RB/Illinois
  • Ron Thompson/DE/Syracuse
  • Danny Anthrop/WR/Purdue
  • Chester Rogers/WR/Grambling State

Didn't see your post, what site you using to track these?

UDFA SIGNINGS

Colts

• Tevaun Smith/WR/Iowa
  • Ron Thompson/DL/Syracuse
  • Tevaun Smith/WR
  • Ron Thompson/DE/Syracuse
  • Isiah Cage/OL/Wisconsin-Eau Claire

Colts

• Tevaun Smith/WR/Iowa
  • Ron Thompson/DL/Syracuse (Bonus)
  • Isiah Cage/OL/Wisconsin-Eau Claire
  • Leviticus Payne/DB/Cincinnati (tryout)
  • Daniel Davie/CB/Nebraska
  • Andrew Williamson/S/Vanderbilt
  • Darion Griswold/TE/NC State
  • Blake Frohnapfel/QB/Massachusetts  (tryout)
  • Curt Maggitt/LB/Tennessee
  • Harrison Elliott/LS/Air Force

My new favorite player Darion "Rusty" Griswold

griswold.jpg

In addition NFL trade rumors, stampede blue has a good tracking list. 

I like the Maggit and McKay signings as well. Tevaun Smith was hurt for a portion of the season for Iowa. He has a lot of physical ability. 

Wide receiver Tevaun Smith -- 6-0 3/8, 205 -- also was not invited to the combine, but took advantage of his pro-day workout to impress NFL teams. He ran the 40 in 4.41 and 4.38 seconds. He had a 38-inch vertical and 10-foot-2 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.26 seconds and the three-cone drill in 6.72 seconds. He put the bar up 13 times on the bench press. Smith had a great workout, and will be a drafted player.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/4/30/11545678/colts-undrafted-free-agent-tracker