Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Possible UDFA Wishlist

20 minutes ago, bertjones7 said:

In addition NFL trade rumors, stampede blue has a good tracking list. 

I like the Maggit and McKay signings as well. Tevaun Smith was hurt for a portion of the season for Iowa. He has a lot of physical ability. 

Wide receiver Tevaun Smith -- 6-0 3/8, 205 -- also was not invited to the combine, but took advantage of his pro-day workout to impress NFL teams. He ran the 40 in 4.41 and 4.38 seconds. He had a 38-inch vertical and 10-foot-2 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.26 seconds and the three-cone drill in 6.72 seconds. He put the bar up 13 times on the bench press. Smith had a great workout, and will be a drafted player.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/4/30/11545678/colts-undrafted-free-agent-tracker

The thing with McKay that has me unsure is his hands are reportedly not very good. Had a drop rate of 11%. But he's a nice big physical target.

Maggit if he's healthy to me is basically another draft pick for us. He caused havoc in the backfield when he was healthy and he just flies to the ball constantly, no hesitation.

1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

Wow we signed Maggit?  He could be a keeper.... love the way he plays the game, and he is definitely a rush LB.....  passionate never say die type..... if he can stay healthy and learns from Cole and MAthis....hmmmmm

Yeah he has that attitude that the Colts like. Something that they also really loved about Morrison who had a port removed from his chest just 4 days before his pro day. Was told not to do his pro day, but he still wanted to go out and at least do the best he could regardless of what was going on with him. 

there's a nice little running back we signed named Josh Ferguson from Illinois. His feet are outstanding. Reminds me a whole lot of Darren Sproles. I'm serious! Runs a 4.4 and moves really good.

Out of all the UDFA guys we signed I have a really good level of confidence as far as who will make the team from that bunch.  And that is the following:

Josh Ferguson  RB

Curt Maggitt(as long as he's healthy!) OLB

Stefan Mclure  FS  Cal.  I like the way Mclure plays. Tough big body safety with good speed.  His only problem really has been injuries, without the injuries he's a nice ball player to me.  I think he'll make our squad.

Mckay seems like a nice prospect size wise and I could even see a conversion to tight end in his future. However that kid drops a lot of passes so I'm kind of iffy about his prospects of making the team.