Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England (-10.5) @ NY Jets (12-21-14) (Merge)

oldunclemark

CBS - 1 p.m. EST......40 degrees...no rain.. over-under - 47

Patriots clinch a first round bye with a win.

Pats (11-3) are 4-3 on the road but the Jets are 3-11 everywhere

Tom Brady (342 of 531, 3,847, 32 TDs, 8 INTs) needs 153 yards for 4,000

Jets QB Geno Smith has 9 TDs and 12 INTs

Jets allow just 87 yards rushing per game but it may not matter because the Pats could soon have three 1,000-yard receivers in Rob Gronkowski (76 catches, 1,093), Julian Edelman (92 catches, 972 yards) and Brandon LaFell (63 catches, 819 yards)

....Jets are superbad offensively. They average just 4.8 yards per play....just 255 first downs in 14 games (Pats have 208 passing first downs) and just 22 offensive touchdowns all year.

Pats clinch the No.1 seed in the AFC if they beat he Jets and Denver (11-3) loses Monday night at Cincinnatti (9-4-1)

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another divisional test for Pats. I see this game going the same way as the Fins. The Jets just don't have anything offensively to hurt the Pats with this time around. They won't be able to run for 200+ like last time and I expect Bill to dial up the pressure vs Geno. Jets secondary is awful but run defense is good. Could be a big game for Brady as I expect a lot of passing from the Pats O. The weather being good hurts the Jets as the Pats pass game won't have any elements to handle.

As GP said earlier this week, this is Rex's last chance to kiss the rings. :)

That organization is a joke. Rex has created an obnoxious, self promoting culture there where theY gloat and celebrate themselves before they've even accomplished anything.

They don't call them the J E S T S for nothing!

Agree but I still am torn on which organization (including fans) to rate #1 as the most annoying.  So I'm going to go with the following.....

1)   New England Patriots and fans

1A) New York Jets and fans

Agree but I still am torn on which organization (including fans) to rate #1 as the most annoying.  So I'm going to go with the following.....

1)   New England Patriots and fans

1A) New York Jets and fans

The difference being, you hate the Patriots because they've taken the Colts to the cleaners on multiple occasions over the last 12 years or so.

The Jets have won nothing over that time but still celebrate and boast as if they've won the Super Bowl every single year.

The difference being, you hate the Patriots because they've taken the Colts to the cleaners on multiple occasions over the last 12 years or so.

The Jets have won nothing over that time but still celebrate and boast as if they've won the Super Bowl every single year.

In an earlier comment you said the Jets have played your Pats very well for a while and provided a true test in your division. Why the change in opinion?

In an earlier comment you said the Jets have played your Pats very well for a while and provided a true test in your division. Why the change in opinion?

They have, because Rex has a complex when it comes to the Patriots.. but they as a team have accomplished nothing.. unless they think beating the Patriots 4 times in the last 6 years or so is a worthy accomplishment..

They've won zero division titles, zero AFC Championships and have zero Super Bowl appearances... but they'll strut, gloat and talk smack as if they've been undefeated for the last 10 years.

The fact that you're trying to defend the Jets is pretty telling in and of itself.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 21, 2014 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, December 21, 2014 - personal shot

You are far from smart enough to go into my mind and conclude why I find the Pats and their fans annoying. So stick to what you're capable of dealing with.

1) Smugness of their head coach

2) Lots of arrogant know it all fans.

3) Tom Brady rants and raves and other annoying things he does on the sidelines . 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 21, 2014 - talking about moderation
Hidden by Nadine, December 21, 2014 - talking about moderation

You are far from smart enough to go into my mind and conclude why I find the Pats and their fans annoying. So stick to what you're capable of dealing with.

3) Tom Brady rants and raves and other annoying things he does on the sidelines . 

Nadine would have suspended me for 7 days for saying that first line of yours..  I'm sure nothing will happen to you though!  You can incite, insult and personally attack people all you want but if a Pats fan says anything of the sort they're thrown out da club, Sergio Brown style.

Anyway your opinions aren't shocking, just filled with incredible bias and jealousy of a superior football product.

They have, because Rex has a complex when it comes to the Patriots.. but they as a team have accomplished nothing.. unless they think beating the Patriots 4 times in the last 6 years or so is a worthy accomplishment..

They've won zero division titles, zero AFC Championships and have zero Super Bowl appearances... but they'll strut, gloat and talk smack as if they've been undefeated for the last 10 years.

The fact that you're trying to defend the Jets is pretty telling in and of itself.

Where in my comment did I defend the Jets at any time? I ask you a question. Now you try and put words and meanings to a simple question I ask? Sorry I will not fall for your baiting.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 21, 2014 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, December 21, 2014 - personal shot

Nadine would have suspended me for 7 days for saying that first line of yours..  I'm sure nothing will happen to you though!  You can incite, insult and personally attack people all you want but if a Pats fan says anything of the sort they're thrown out da club, Sergio Brown style.

Anyway your opinions aren't shocking, just filled with incredible bias and jealousy of a superior football product.

Hmmm .. that's a heck of a personal attack. I just don't think your smart enough to get into my mind and make conclusions to why I feel as I do. I gave you the reasons that I'm annoyed by that team and it's players. Did I not put it in English or maybe terribly misspell some of the words ? Furthermore I never said I hated anybody . Big difference between hate and being annoyed. And why do you really care what I feel about the New England Patriots and their fans ?  

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 21, 2014 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, December 21, 2014 - quoting removed post

Nadine would have suspended me for 7 days for saying that first line of yours.. I'm sure nothing will happen to you though! You can incite, insult and personally attack people all you want but if a Pats fan says anything of the sort they're thrown out da club, Sergio Brown style.

Jealous of your team?. I wonder why.

Is that because they have won a lot of SB lately?.

BTW... I actually like almost all of the Pat fans on this forum. Believe it nor not , years ago I did a lot of business with people from the Boston area and I would bite my tongue whenever the discussion turned to football. So I do speak from an actual experience . Is it a fair and good sample size ? Of coarse not but these kinds of threads are just ridiculous banter anyway.

Hmmm .. that's a heck of a personal attack. I just don't think your smart enough to get into my mind and make conclusions to why I feel as I do. I gave you the reasons that I'm annoyed by that team and it's players. Did I not put it in English or maybe terribly misspell some of the words ? Furthermore I never said I hated anybody . Big difference between hate and being annoyed. And why do you really care what I feel about the New England Patriots and their fans ?  

I dont think there is anything wrong with what you said, because I actually have a spine and can defend my positions and opinions.. but ive been warned and suspended for FAR less than what you said to me.. but its 1 single person that always singles me out.  If there was a way to appeal to a higher power I would have done that awhile ago... but dating back almost 3 years now its been 100% the same person who has their crosshairs on my back.

Conflict of interest is the first thing that comes to mind, but I can think of a few others.  Oh well, I will always be posting here, under this name or another.  No single person with an obvious bias and hatred for me can ever stop me from posting here... As an IT Manager I can safely say that I will always be a participant in these forums.

When your own Colts fan forum members are asking why I was banned from a Chat Room is all the evidence I need.  I've never rubbed in a Colts loss, EVER... I dare anyone to go and dig up a post where I came here after a Colt loss and was rubbing it in.. i have done the exact opposite actually, ive been supportive because as a hardcore fan I know what its like to suffer through those... in the game day chats I am always encouraging, because I know the anxiety and stress that die hards feel during the course of a game...

Oh well.. im comfortable with who I am as a person... I will come here and I will have opinions and I will defend them...  but there will always be people who aren't as comfortable with themselves and are insecure, so they'll exercise their sole source of power that they have in this world over someone.

Wow!  I'll watch what I say in this forum!  Little midwest hospitality would go a long way to making it more pleasant!

BTW... I actually like almost all of the Pat fans on this forum. Believe it nor not , years ago I did a lot of business with people from the Boston area and I would bite my tongue whenever the discussion turned to football. So I do speak from an actual experience . Is it a fair and good sample size ? Of coarse not but these kinds of threads are just ridiculous banter anyway.

I don't actually find your posts offensive or discipline worthy... i was merely trying to make a point... a point which I'm sure when said individual sees, will punish me even more.  My main point being is that people like you can get away with saying whatever they want without any consequence whatsoever, while others who wear different colors are persecuted at every possible interpretation of a "rule".

Basically I'm on trial 24/7 by a single lawyer that plays semantics and twists things to fit their agenda, and you have the police helping you kick someone while they're handcuffed on the ground.

Did I mention that I've been an active participant in these forums for THIRTEEN YEARS?  That matters not to this insecure individual, in fact I guarantee it makes them even more insecure and angry.

That would pretty describe over half the teams in the league with the only notable difference being that the Pats have been winning at a historic level for the last 13+ years ...

I dont think there is anything wrong with what you said, because I actually have a spine and can defend my positions and opinions.. but ive been warned and suspended for FAR less than what you said to me.. but its 1 single person that always singles me out.  If there was a way to appeal to a higher power I would have done that awhile ago... but dating back almost 3 years now its been 100% the same person who has their crosshairs on my back.

Conflict of interest is the first thing that comes to mind, but I can think of a few others.  Oh well, I will always be posting here, under this name or another.  No single person with an obvious bias and hatred for me can ever stop me from posting here... As an IT Manager I can safely say that I will always be a participant in these forums.

When your own Colts fan forum members are asking why I was banned from a Chat Room is all the evidence I need.  I've never rubbed in a Colts loss, EVER... I dare anyone to go and dig up a post where I came here after a Colt loss and was rubbing it in.. i have done the exact opposite actually, ive been supportive because as a hardcore fan I know what its like to suffer through those... in the game day chats I am always encouraging, because I know the anxiety and stress that die hards feel during the course of a game...

Oh well.. im comfortable with who I am as a person... I will come here and I will have opinions and I will defend them...  but there will always be people who aren't as comfortable with themselves and are insecure, so they'll exercise their sole source of power that they have in this world over someone.

I think I skirted the edge. I never said you were stupid just said not smart enough to figure out why I really don't like your team . You don't have nearly enough data to do that . That would hold true for everyone on this board.  I said it for reasons stated and you say jealousy .. bla bla bla. Never called you stupid or made any disparaging remarks. BTW.. that person has often called me out on a post and she has been correct in doing so. I don't follow who gets banned for a week like you seem to but I would guess that your accusation of that lady signaling you out is unfounded.

That would pretty describe over half the teams in the league with the only notable difference being that the Pats have been winning at a historic level for the last 13+ years ...

My guy Andrew Luck doesn't throw tantrums on the sideline. Plus he does;t have to be careful which teammate he tries to high 5. 

My guy Andrew Luck doesn't throw tantrums on the sideline. Plus he does;t have to be careful which teammate he tries to high 5. 

I said half the teams in the league. And I have seen Luck get up in the face of his teammates and the opposing team as well. Although he seems to congratulate the opposition instead of trashing talking. lol. Every great leader is an emotional leader even if they are not demonstrative. I have to find it but I believe there was an article last year about how Luck's leadership in the locker room is similar to Brady. I will have to find it ....

Is that why I've been told you wear a helmet to Pat games ?

Lol. Yeah. If we are playing a division rival best to keep to yourself for sure. But it is all in good fun. Most NE fans respect the game and opposing fans but there are always a few knuckleheads that give the region a bad rap. Philly seems to have more of these type of fans though then other cities ...

Julian Edelman - concussion - questionable

Once you've clinched the division....this is a situation where you can sit the guy out so he'll be ready next month

I believe he has passed all the tests so he will most likely play but I would like to see them rest him especially if the Pats get out to an early lead.

Lol. Yeah. If we are playing a division rival best to keep to yourself for sure. But it is all in good fun. Most NE fans respect the game and opposing fans but there are always a few knuckleheads that give the region a bad rap. Philly seems to have more of these type of fans though then other cities ...

I lived in Syracuse , NY most of my life . I never did attend a Pat game but have been to Philly and Buffalo games. Those are very rough cities and the fan base at those stadiums reflected that in a big way. Now I should qualify that by saying I'm talking about things I saw around 20 years ago. Maybe more civilized now ? 

I said half the teams in the league. And I have seen Luck get up in the face of his teammates and the opposing team as well. Although he seems to congratulate the opposition instead of trashing talking. lol. Every great leader is an emotional leader even if they are not demonstrative. I have to find it but I believe there was an article last year about how Luck's leadership in the locker room is similar to Brady. I will have to find it ....

Brady's ok . I was really just poking fun rating the Pats 1  and the Jets 1A

Philly is the toughest I've ever seen on players.  That's where they threw d-cells at JD Drew and where they booed Santa Claus.  Bunch of knuckleheads IMO.

I believe he has passed all the tests so he will most likely play but I would like to see them rest him especially if the Pats get out to an early lead.

You're right, obviously he'd have to have passed the protocol or he wouldn't even be questionable but they don't need him to beat

the Jets and Buffalo has a fairly hard hitting secondary.

The concussion thing is a newer postseason problem. You can play with a broken hand or cracked back or busted ribs if you feel like it ..but the law wont let you play with a concussion..

Once a guy clears protocol very late in the year. you might want to sit him so you have him for money games