Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kellen Moore!

Dude has been lights out in college....He's a bit short (but so was Brees), and has played big in every big game he's played.....If the whole "suck for Luck" thing doesn't pan out..Moore has played against the big teams in college football very well. I know he's not known for a big arm, but then again so was Manning...

Luck may be the best, but if we don't have a chance at him, Moore would be ok with me....All he does is WIN. I know college QBs don't always translate to the NFL, but Moore may be the next Brees...He has the moxy, the accuracy, etc...And since he doesn't have the all-important NFL tangibles he may be available in later rounds.

Thoughts??

I live in Boise and actually work for BSU. Kellen is like a legend here. He may be the most accurate college QB I have seen. But my fear for Kellen is that when he gets pressure up the middle, he doesn't react to it real well. Sure, that bothers a lot of QBS, but I think with Kellen that is where his height comes into play. They say Kellen is 6'0" tall, but I can tell you he is actually more like 5'10"-5'11". I really wish him the best and I would love to see the Colts get him in the 2nd or 3rd round (I dont think he will go that high), but he definitely has an uphill battle. But he is smart and accurate.

I'm really starting to get impressed with what I'm seeing out of Brock Osweiler out of ASU. That kid is 6'8", is more athletic than you'd think at that size and after only 9 or 10 starts is really starting to develop a quick release and he seems to see the field very well as a pocket passer. Plus he would likely be in the 2013 or 2014 draft...perfect for grooming.

I'm really starting to get impressed with what I'm seeing out of Brock Osweiler out of ASU. That kid is 6'8", is more athletic than you'd think at that size and after only 9 or 10 starts is really starting to develop a quick release and he seems to see the field very well as a pocket passer. Plus he would likely be in the 2013 or 2014 draft...perfect for grooming.

I agree..Osweiler has a lot of potential (and a really cool name :D lol) as do Tyler Bray of Tennessee and Bryn Renner of North Carolina imo.

Boise plays a weak schedule.

Moore is not an NFL caliber QB.

+1 and agreed to both. Kellen Moore seems like that Rudy type of player that you want to root for but he has a very long, uphill battle if he's going to become an NFL QB and I really don't think it will happen. That being said, he's currently projected as a 7th round to UDFA prospect. I wouldn't be upset if we drafted him in the 7th round and gave him a shot (mainly because that means QB would not be drafted in round 1 :D) but I don't see it happening. If we draft a QB outside of the first round this year I think it will be either Kirk Cousins, Nick Foles or Ryan Tannehill.

Boise plays a weak schedule.

Right...yet every year, they get into a BCS bowl game, and play a pre-conference game against a ranked opponent, and they win. They not only win, but it's typically impressive.

You do realize that they have the best win percentage in college football against ranked opponents over the last 6 years, right?

I'm not saying Moore is our guy, but the assertion that they don't play good competition is just ludicrous.

Randy Moss, Donald Driver, John Kuhn, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tony Romo, Miles Austin, Danny Woodhead, LaDainian Tomlinson, Mike Tolbert, Vincent Jackson... need I keep going? This was just a few, plucked from a handful of teams. These guys all played at small-time schools in "weak" conferences against the sub-par student athletes.

There's no way they could be big contributors in the NFL... :facepalm:

Edited by doogansquest

I would rather have Landry Jones from OU(Yes Im biased since Im from Oklahoma). Jones is said to be the second best QB in the draft behind Luck. Jones also has the size something Moore doesnt he's 6'4 and has a pretty Strong Arm again something Moore doesnt quite have, but if we want a QB and dont get Jones or Luck, Moore wouldnt be a bad 2nd or 3rd rounder to take a chance on.

I would rather have Landry Jones from OU(Yes Im biased since Im from Oklahoma). Jones is said to be the second best QB in the draft behind Luck. Jones also has the size something Moore doesnt he's 6'4 and has a pretty Strong Arm again something Moore doesnt quite have, but if we want a QB and dont get Jones or Luck, Moore wouldnt be a bad 2nd or 3rd rounder to take a chance on.

Hmmph.... I am a Texas fan. Don't bring up the Red Rivalry.

Look at JaMarcus Russell, strong arm and size, but his accuracy was crap.

You need to deliver the football to your receivers or your team is not going to win unless your team name is 2000 ravens.

Landry Jones=overrated. Kellen Moore has had much LESS to work with and still gets it done in amazing fashion. They don't just beat teams, they destroy them. With 3 star recruits, not the 5 star bunch Oklahoma has...He's short, yes. But so was Drew Brees, Doug Flutie.....

Oh and when Manning was scouted and his arm "wasn't strong enough" to be an elite NFL QB, so they say

Edited by cmgww

Moore > Luck - nuff said!

I have watched every possible Boise game I could since they beat Oklahoma a few years back - Kellen Moore has all the tools - I personally dont mind that he is shorter.

I would want moore before luck, but at this point in time (painter doing well) we might not need to even consider a QB if Manning is going to come back 100% ...

Edited by hawkeyes

Landry Jones=overrated. Kellen Moore has had much LESS to work with and still gets it done in amazing fashion. They don't just beat teams, they destroy them. With 3 star recruits, not the 5 star bunch Oklahoma has...He's short, yes. But so was Drew Brees, Doug Flutie.....

Oh and when Manning was scouted and his arm "wasn't strong enough" to be an elite NFL QB, so they say

Sorry Texas, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M >>>>>>>> Nevada, Colorado State, etc.

I have no interest in Kellen Moore unless you get him very late or undrafted. While I agree that Manning was said to not have that strong of an arm (which is true btw), but neither does Moore but Manning was 6'5" and 250lbs not 6' and 190.

Kellen Moore very well may end up being the next Drew Brees but I would say more likely the next Colt Brennan, Jared Zabransky, or any other prolific throwing guy who broke the record books against nobodies.

Sorry Texas, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M >>>>>>>> Nevada, Colorado State, etc.

I have no interest in Kellen Moore unless you get him very late or undrafted. While I agree that Manning was said to not have that strong of an arm (which is true btw), but neither does Moore but Manning was 6'5" and 250lbs not 6' and 190.

Kellen Moore very well may end up being the next Drew Brees but I would say more likely the next Colt Brennan, Jared Zabransky, or any other prolific throwing guy who broke the record books against nobodies.

nobodies? granted the schedule isn't that great, but he and Boise show up big against every BCS team they play...so much that the BCS made them play TCU a few seasons ago b/c they didn't want BSU embarrassing a BCS team

Moore > Luck - nuff said!

Um... Sorry, No.

...I personally dont mind that he is shorter.

Hobbit QB's typically don't do well in the NFL. Who says this? statistics. Need at least a 6'3 or up.

I would want moore before luck, but at this point in time (painter doing well) we might not need to even consider a QB if Manning is going to come back 100% ...

So, not only would you draft Curtis Painter 2.0, you would keep Curtis Painter too? And to think that when Polian had been picking busts the last couple of years I thought no one could be worse at picking them.

Look at JaMarcus Russell, strong arm and size, but his accuracy was crap.

You need to deliver the football to your receivers or your team is not going to win unless your team name is 2000 ravens.

So your trying to say Jones's accuracy is crap? Jones is very accurate with a strong arm he gets the football there wether its deep, medium, or short. I agree about Russell but comparing Jones and Russell is disrespctful to Jones

If Manning does come back, I expect the Colts to trade down (unless they are picking at No.1). If that were the case, Colts like to go with winners in college and they will take a flyer on Kellen Moore in rounds 3 or 4 for replacing Painter as a better quality backup and find out if he can start in this league as a left handed version of Pennington once he gets used to the speed of the NFL. At least Drew Brees had the arm strength though he was short at 6'0". That is the only case where I see the Colts drafting Kellen Moore, if they are certain Peyton will be back and can go for a few years, and they do not have the No.1 pick.

Edited by chad72

love the moore idea. he might not have all the size or arm strenght . but he is like manning in another way. He knows what the defense is doing before they even do it. he studies all the time so once he gets his chance he will take it and run with it. he will be a good qb in the nfl.