Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoodLuck

I give up making excuses for Luck's INTS

433 posts in this topic

Stop posting, please.

Agreed, worst poster on the forum.

1 person likes this

IND_The Catch_728x90

A lot of people are getting really nasty about this.

1. Luck is a rookie. FACT

2. Luck is dealing with a complex offense. FACT

3. Luck, at times, throws inaccurately leading to interceptions. FACT

4. Luck throws to receivers covered by more than one defender. This leads to interceptions. FACT

You can't deny any of these. In some cases, Luck will throw an interception where he is the only one at fault. These are his mistakes, and I am sure he would admit to them himself.

The point to this thread is he is currently making some mistakes that anyone, rookie or otherwise shouldn't make. The thing is, he is working on his mistakes.

Ultimately it hasn't mattered on a lot of games. We've won games. We have a really sold record.

RELAX

3 people like this

Once again, His poor throws have NOTHING to do with no rushing, but the wrong reads

you know if you cant run the ball and they know its passing its hard to find the right receiver right? I mean think about it, it only makes sense once you actually get down to it

Those Ints were still horrible.

Whatever helps you stay on the bandwagon

Your probably just a kid , so it's understandable why you are unawae of why the ints are happening. I'll try to help you out a bit. You have a rookie who's being asked to carry the whole load for the offense. We have a bad O line that can't protect or provide a running game. Most teams would protect the rookie. Instead Arians calls play after play downfield . he figures this is the only way we are going to win games. It's resulted in 8 wins because Luck is incredibly good. He has made tons of great throws and has also kept plays alive with his feet. The result of this is the rookie is going to make a few bad decisions and a few bad throws. Does that help you out any ?

A lot of people are getting really nasty about this.

1. Luck is a rookie. FACT

2. Luck is dealing with a complex offense. FACT

3. Luck, at times, throws inaccurately leading to interceptions. FACT

4. Luck throws to receivers covered by more than one defender. This leads to interceptions. FACT

You can't deny any of these. In some cases, Luck will throw an interception where he is the only one at fault. These are his mistakes, and I am sure he would admit to them himself.

The point to this thread is he is currently making some mistakes that anyone, rookie or otherwise shouldn't make. The thing is, he is working on his mistakes.

Ultimately it hasn't mattered on a lot of games. We've won games. We have a really sold record.

RELAX

To say that he makes mistakes a rookie shouldn't make is a strong statement. Not sure how accurate but no doubt you have watcehd a lot of rookie QB's and came to a different conclusion that others might have

I agree. But he needs to stop throwing the ball into tight double and triple coverage

Not trying to flame you or anything. Honest question - do you think he is destined for greatness?

you know if you cant run the ball and they know its passing its hard to find the right receiver right? I mean think about it, it only makes sense once you actually get down to it

I agree to a point. He's getting crushed in the pocket. Why wait until desparation time before he starts running with it? That would have been a good option.

I don't think anyone with even a decent football IQ would argue with that point. But the ultimate point is there is a moxy about the kid that is rare. He overcame those poor throws and did something special. Whatever it is, he has it.

1 person likes this

Not trying to flame you or anything. Honest question - do you think he is destined for greatness?

I honestly believe he will be in the 2nd tier of greatness. But right now, he looks alot like Jim Harbaugh. FWIW

I agree to a point. He's getting crushed in the pocket. Why wait until desparation time before he starts running with it? That would have been a good option.

true, I understand that but if he ran early all the time they would merely just adjust to that as well and than he wouldn't have any running room either, everything can be countered in football no matter how good you are at it, but I do agree also to the fact that some of his int were unnesscary but he will get better, especially if we can beef up the o-line and get a def that can make him get the ball in his hands some more without that team scoring.....but overall are team is doing well considering all the changes, in the formation on defense and everything else.

I honestly believe he will be in the 2nd tier of greatness. But right now, he looks alot like Jim Harbaugh. FWIW

The Colts are a modestly talented team and I think that is being kind. There are holes all over the roster. But the fact that they are winning is largely on Luck's shoulders. He can be better no doubt but he is already special.

I don't think anyone with even a decent football IQ would argue with that point. But the ultimate point is there is a moxy about the kid that is rare. He overcame those poor throws and did something special. Whatever it is, he has it.

I completely agree. But that shouldn't exclude him from criticism from loyal fans, Right

God sakes , Jim Harbaugh had an absolute pop gun arm. Where do some of you come up with such ridiculous stuff ?

1 person likes this

The Colts are a modestly talented team and I think that is being kind. There are holes all over the roster. But the fact that they are winning is largely on Luck's shoulders. He can be better no doubt but he is already special.

Look, no one is happier than I that they pulled it off. And the way they pulled it off. But there's no Crow to eat as some would persist due the fact that I never said that they would lose. I never said that he wasn't special. I only stated an opinion on his ints. DURING the game.

God sakes , Jim Harbaugh had an absolute pop gun arm. Where do some of you come up with such ridiculous stuff ?

Explain "Pop gun arm"

Explain "Pop gun arm"

You are kidding me right ? OK... that means that he did not have good arm strength.

No excuses needed he's a rookie that's what rookies do.

With that said he's the first first overall draft pick to lead his team to 8 wins in his first season so he's doing something right and make no mistake he's been the missing peace from last year's team to this team.

I went back and read this thread again (yes I was trying to OD on painfulthread-itis) and just saw 391 yards with 4 TDs and yes 3 horrendously thrown INTs. I smiled. I laughed......and know that this Colt team is 8-4! This team with the banged up OL....a war torn DL......and a coach that is badder than bad. This game is what persistence....never giving up and what CHUCK STRONG and Building the Monster is ALL about!!!! I love the Colts! :td: :td: :td:

3 people like this

I went back and read this thread again (yes I was trying to OD on painfulthread-itis) and just saw 391 yards with 4 TDs and yes 3 horrendously thrown INTs. I smiled. I laughed......and know that this Colt team is 8-4! This team with the banged up OL....a war torn DL......and a coach that is badder than bad. This game is what persistence....never giving up and what CHUCK STRONG andlding the Monster Buiding the Monster is ALL about!!!! I love the Colts! :td: :td: :td:

oh man your happy huh??

well who the f says pop gun arm?? you are kidding me right?

You've never heard that expression before?

It's not as obscure as your making it out to be.

no i haven't i dont really care about fancy pantsy football terms. pop gun arm sounds stupid btw

true, I understand that but if he ran early all the time they would merely just adjust to that as well and than he wouldn't have any running room either, everything can be countered in football no matter how good you are at it, but I do agree also to the fact that some of his int were unnesscary but he will get better, especially if we can beef up the o-line and get a def that can make him get the ball in his hands some more without that team scoring.....but overall are team is doing well considering all the changes, in the formation on defense and everything else.

I agree that that he'll get better. But I still believe he's hit a ceiling recently with regards to these ints.

oh man your happy huh??

Happy as a hillbilly in Beverly Hills....and a witch in a broom factory......and I do not have a pop gun arm...never did..... :)
1 person likes this

Happy as a hillbilly in Beverly Hills....and a with in a broom factory......and I do not have a pop gun arm...never did..... :)

lol :)

You are kidding me right ? OK... that means that he did not have good arm strength.

Thanks for the explaination. How would you rate Luck's arm strength?

no i haven't i dont really care about fancy pantsy football terms. pop gun arm sounds stupid btw

Fancy?

If you have a big arm it's a 'rocket arm' or he has a 'huge gun'.

Pop gun is a toy gun. Meaning weak arm. Nothing too weird.

lol :)

You beat me to my edit....witch in a broom factory....love those commercials....:)

Fancy?

If you have a big arm it's a 'rocket arm' or he has a 'huge gun'.

Pop gun is a toy gun. Meaning weak arm. Nothing too weird.

And Ed Hocculi has 'guns.' :)

Agreed, worst poster on the forum.

Do you not like the competition?

He's only stated a opinion that wasn't really all that sensationalist. Luck had done some amazing things but does make sloppy mistakes.

Yes he's a rookie at a franchise that got condemned and blown up which has a big effect but don't jump on the guy for posting about risky throws.

One could argue someone whose first reaction to this awesome moment is to take a shot at Peyton is by far the worse poster on a COLTS forum.

1 person likes this

And Ed Hocculi has 'guns.' :)

Dude could bench press me.

1 person likes this

Potentially the best post of the year. Sometimes we forget all this.......well said John Dee. Well said indeed.

Totally agree.

Thanks for the explaination. How would you rate Luck's arm strength?

I would rate it like I'm sure all the NFL personal rates it. Excellent . He can drive the ball into tight windows nd make all the tough throws that require good arm strength. He also throws a nice tight spiral , which is really helpfull in those bad weather playoff games. Witness the few games PM had in those wintery January games in Foxbough. Not say Luck is better than Manning , but you have to throw a spiral if you don'y want the wind playing havoc.

A couple of things here:

First, Luck is definitely being asked to do probably more than any rookie QB I've seen for his team. At least to my semi trained eye.

Second, for him to reach the level that most of us are hoping/expecting him to reach, he needs to get better at finding his check down guys and does need to get better as far as accuracy. Not only are the interceptions frustrating but so are the incompletions, How many 3 and outs did we have today? I do think he will get better in both of these areas as he grows and matures. I think Arians needs to design plays that give him a safety valve that is more accessible.

Third, The up side he has shown as well as his clutch ability suggests that those hopes/expectations are not unrealistic. He has shown that he has that "it" factor in spades. That is VERY encouraging.

Lastly, I have never understood why people couldn't just sit back and enjoy the brilliance that was Peyton Manning. Instead, there was always the shadow of Tom Brady hanging over everything. Are we allowed to just say "Wow they are both all time greats" and leave it at that. Now the same thing is happening with RG3. Enjoy them both. It will make having Luck that much more satisfying. Jealousy is an ugly emotion.

2 people like this

I would rate it like I'm sure all the NFL personal rates it. Excellent . He can drive the ball into tight windows nd make all the tough throws that require good arm strength. He also throws a nice tight spiral , which is really helpfull in those bad weather playoff games. Witness the few games PM had in those wintery January games in Foxbough. Not say Luck is better than Manning , but you have to throw a spiral if you don'y want the wind playing havoc.

So, would you rate his arm a Rocket, Cannon, or Shot gun?

I completely agree. But that shouldn't exclude him from criticism from loyal fans, Right

This is where I totally do not get where you are coming from? Luck is a ROOKIE... yet you expect him to play like a 10 year vet. IF Luck is making these same mistakes 5 years from now the house will be caving in on him I promise you. But his learning curve is just that a curve...

Dang... 8-4 and fold are STILL CRYING LIKE BABIES ... ...

Enjoy the ride...

2 people like this