Photo

Fili Moala out for year (merge)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
60 replies to this topic

#41 Gavin

Gavin
  • 18206 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

I think Guy or Geathers should get the start, Matthews has provided pass rush from the interior at times but has not done good holding his ground and collapsing the pocket and setting the edge, Thats a fairly big blow that Moala is out for the year

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#42 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 15208 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

It is unfortunate that Moala is out because he seems to be a good fit as a DE in a 3-4. I recall Nevis making some plays too. But Ricardo Mathews is a guy with an intense motor, so I could see him making a few plays.
When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#43 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16782 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

shoot
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#44 Captain Americolt

Captain Americolt
  • 2583 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

Huge loss. He was actually really effective in the new 3/4 as a DE. Mathews will have to step up.

#45 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 8433 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

I absolutely see the Colts re-signing Moala and bringing him back next year.

Not only has he demonstrated he can play effectively within the system, his value has now dropped due to the injury, so his price shouldn't be unreasonable. He's good, and we can afford him. Bring Fili back! :thmup:

#46 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 9610 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

unfortunate for him...he finally got to play in a system he was probably more suited for in the first place

#47 bluecolt

bluecolt
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

we were really coming along to build a solid d-line with redding and moala and solid depth all around. We will definitely lose a step in the run game without him but hopefully not too big of a step

#48 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6799 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

Ah, that sucks!!!

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#49 coltsfanatic24

coltsfanatic24
  • 3097 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

after freeman moala has been the best defensive player on the team. moala has been great at setting the edge and stopping the run, were really gonna miss his athleticism on the defensive line.

#50 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13677 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

This is a huge loss or us he had been playing great in the 3/4 and had become a very good run stopper for us.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#51 JWF

JWF
  • 1056 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

That stinks. Moala was really starting to become a solid DE too.

Hopefully he can come back strong next season along with Nevis.

#52 Playmaker

Playmaker
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

Sucks looked like the finally found his niche on this team. Hopefully Ricardo Mathews steps up

#53 Andy

Andy
  • 8919 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

after freeman moala has been the best defensive player on the team. moala has been great at setting the edge and stopping the run, were really gonna miss his athleticism on the defensive line.

Woah woah, slow down there speed racer.

Take a second to rethink what you wrote (the thing that I bolded).

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#54 ericnan

ericnan
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

I am intrigued to see that Geathers guy and what his long arms can bring to the table. :)

Me too! I keep hoping to see that he is progressing. With the size and ability that enormous body has, if he can get his head right, he could be amazing! He's quietly been there helping out, maybe he starts to emerge soon. I am like you though, I am interested to see him do well.

#55 MR. Blueblood

MR. Blueblood
  • 1017 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

Woah woah, slow down there speed racer.

Take a second to rethink what you wrote (the thing that I bolded).

I would say Redding and/or Mathis. What would be your choice?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."--Sun Tzu

#56 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 11581 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

Man, we just can't catch a Break for NOTHING!!! Whalen, Collie, Nevis, Powers (To each their own), Ben Ijalana, Big McKinney....... All I can do is ask...........................

WHY US??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image
"I differ what they prefer, so they count me like the census"

#57 weslo1812

weslo1812
  • 889 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Htown abd superbowl Im right there with you on Richardson. The guy is truly relentless, alwsys plays hard and is so disruptive. Great at using his hands too.
"What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us"? NIV

#58 Andy

Andy
  • 8919 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

I would say Redding and/or Mathis. What would be your choice?

Those 2 are definitely before Moala.

I'd also say Bethea. Even though this isn't his best year, he's still performing well.

Andy

Posted Image

#59 Gavin

Gavin
  • 18206 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

This year I would have to say to this point

Freeman
Mathis
Redding
Moala

#60 Andy

Andy
  • 8919 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

Those 2 are definitely before Moala.

I'd also say Bethea. Even though this isn't his best year, he's still performing well.

Thanks for reminding me Gavin.

Freeman too.

Andy

Posted Image

#61 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 11581 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

When I look at our IR List, all I can do is ask myself "What If these players weren't on IR"

Just imagine Luck throwing to Collie & Whalen too. Imagine having Big Mckinney, Nevis & Chapman out there disrupting things

*Sigh* It's a shame how we have no idea what our team looks like completely Healthy. And with Collie probably being Released in the Off-Season, guess we've heard the last of "Luck to Collie" smh :(
"I differ what they prefer, so they count me like the census"

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      25 Oct
    Skelly

When I look at the news all I see is sadness, sickness, and complete and utter stupidity. I think I might sign up for the first flight to Mars.

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      24 Oct
    Bogie

Retro throwback week for Halloween - Mercyful Fate and Black Sabbath. I forgot how fun melodic metal albums were.

Show comments (14)
View All Updates