Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will there be a change in Philly?

SilentHill

Vicks biggest problem is he has tried (with some but not much success) at being a traditional pocket passer in my opinion and thats not what made him so dangerous to begin with combine that with his blind side protection going down then Vick is probably lucky to be walking still, He is not the answer going forward but they need to let him do what he does best, The Eagles are 3-5 hardly out of the playoff race at this stage but forcing him to be a pocket passer is dumb, either Reid or the QB coach need fired or the O Coordinator over that move, not sure who.

Vicks biggest problem is he has tried (with some but not much success) at being a traditional pocket passer in my opinion and thats not what made him so dangerous to begin with combine that with his blind side protection going down then Vick is probably lucky to be walking still, He is not the answer going forward but they need to let him do what he does best, The Eagles are 3-5 hardly out of the playoff race at this stage but forcing him to be a pocket passer is dumb, either Reid or the QB coach need fired or the O Coordinator over that move, not sure who.

I think you're right in saying that Reids system forces Vick to stay in the pocket as a drop back passer too much. Honestly I think the Shanahan type system would fit him better than Andy Reids style.

I'd let Vick run, and if he gets hurt I'd just insert Foles, seems like the best option for Philly.

Foles would get killed faster than Vick would with that disgrace of an offensive line. They blocked like total crap last night!

It's really funny because now we are hearing more than one voice in Philly screaming to have Winston Justice back.

Foles would get killed faster than Vick would with that disgrace of an offensive line. They blocked like total crap last night!

It's really funny because now we are hearing more than one voice in Philly screaming to have Winston Justice back.

they can have Justice it would just be another name giving up a sack lol

You know Justice ain't been giving up sacks. You just don't like him. It's okay I have guys I don't like as well.

No he hasn't given up sacks I know but its not like he has been opening up massive holes in the run game consistently or keeping Luck from having to run from a sack, he had some good and bad, nothing about his play says starter, I have no idea why I wouldnt like him after all I never met him or even seen him give an interview other then Facebook Friday, But if there are current players or former players I dont like then add Team Oblitarator to that list

I don't think it has anything to do with them converting him to a pocket passer. The O line is putrid!!! It doesn't matter if he is a pocket passer or a scrambler. The man gets hit on every play. Even the Mike Vick of the Falcons couldn't dodge that many people running full speed at him as soon as the ball is snapped.

Coaching?

QB?

When will the change happen?

I think Reid and Vick are both very close to being let go / benched.

FWIW I'd roll with Nick Foles, the guy looked like a beast in pre-season. It might be good for Vick to get benched for at least a game.

No..they're 3-5..and if they flatten Dallas next week...they're back in the'card' race....I'm sure they havent given up at 3-5 and they have a proven coach and QB...stay with them

I doubt it, but they should have fired Ried last year. He'll forever be the reason they lost that Super Bowl to NE with his poor clock management.

Vick was a big no no, and they went for it anyway. Regardless of the o-line, this is nothing new. He's waiting to get hurt, and you have to admit, he does some of it to himself with the stupid running around instead of just throwing the ball.

The play calling is another thing, they will run over a hundred yards against teams and Vick is still throwing it, that is on Ried, with the play calling. Vick had no business what so ever throwing 50 passes against Cleveland when they rushed over 130.

Not to mention, that defense is a joke and they got rid of the scapegoat thinking their all star defense would pick up.

It's pretty darn easy for the Giants year in and year out when the division is ran by Synder, Jones, and Ried.

Yes, Andy Reid is done in Philadelphia. I don't see Vick starting. My recommendation: Hire Russ Grimm from AZ & insert Foles who is less injure prone with a more durable body than Vick. Grimm will fix the Eagles line himself IMO. Like 21isSuperman said use your premier RB more frequently please. Thank you.

Vick has been awful since last season.

Yes, Andy Reid is done in Philadelphia. I don't see Vick starting. My recommendation: Hire Russ Grimm from AZ & insert Foles who is less injure prone with a more durable body than Vick. Grimm will fix the Eagles line himself IMO. Like 21isSuperman said use your premier RB more frequently please. Thank you.

Based on what is Nick Foles less injury prone? It is hard to get hurt if you have started ZERO games. Grimm wil fix the line? Apparently you have missed how Kevin Kolb and John Skelton have both been slaughtered behid that line this year. With that said Reid and Vick both need to go. Vick has been awful dating back to last season. Reid has done his time there and it is time for him to start somewhere fresh. Get a coach there that actually wants to use Lesean McCoy.

Based on what is Nick Foles less injury prone? It is hard to get hurt if you have started ZERO games. Grimm wil fix the line? Apparently you have missed how Kevin Kolb and John Skelton have both been slaughtered behid that line this year. With that said Reid and Vick both need to go. Vick has been awful dating back to last season. Reid has done his time there and it is time for him to start somewhere fresh. Get a coach there that actually wants to use Lesean McCoy.

Anybody is less injury prone than Vick & that includes my 12 year old nephew. haha Apparently, both QBs Kolb & Skelton suck. That's not Russ Grimm's fault. Last time, I checked Russ Grimm was a NFL HOF player who has done miracles with AZ since he landed there. True, he guides the talent/instructs them, but he can't strap on a helmet & play for them on the field. Players must assume some responsibility for their lackluster performance on the field IMO.

The GM brings the talent & the staff coaches said talent. Grimm can only lead athletes to the ProBowl door, he can't hold their hand & walk them through it.

Anybody is less injury prone than Vick & that includes my 12 year old nephew. haha Apparently, both QBs Kolb & Skelton suck. That's not Russ Grimm's fault. Last time, I checked Russ Grimm was a NFL HOF player who has done miracles with AZ since he landed there. True, he guides the talent/instructs them, but he can't strap on a helmet & play for them on the field. Players must assume some responsibility for their lackluster performance on the field IMO.

The GM brings the talent & the staff coaches said talent. Grimm can only lead athletes to the ProBowl door, he can't hold their hand & walk them through it.

At what point was the performances of Skelton and Kolb even remotely relevant to the discussion? Note how you said Grimm will fix the eagles line which is highly unlikely considering how porous the Cardinals line has been all year. Note how the cardinals lead the league IN SACKS GIVEN UP. and are second in QB hits. Now tell me how Russ Grimm will fix the line in philly?

At what point was the performances of Skelton and Kolb even remotely relevant to the discussion? Note how you said Grimm will fix the eagles line which is highly unlikely considering how porous the Cardinals line has been all year. Note how the cardinals lead the league IN SACKS GIVEN UP. and are second in QB hits. Now tell me how Russ Grimm will fix the line in philly?

You brought up both Kolb & Skelton initially sir. I didn't. "Note how you said Grimm will fix the eagles line which is highly unlikely considering how porous the Cardinals line has been all year." Now, that's a bizarre line of thinking...Just because Grimm failed to produce a high caliber line in 1 season that doesn't make him a bust or a failure Truckin Sanders. Bill Belicheck failed to win a Championship in Cleveland yet he won 3 SB rings in NE. The hoodie relocated & became a tremendous success why can't Russ Grimm do the same as well?

It's all about the talent around you on the field & an NFL owner who isn't cheap & stays out of the coaching staff's way. I have no crystal ball here and neither do you sir with all due respect. Russ Grimm deserves a shot at being a HC. I never said hire him exclusively without interviewing other candidates. My expertise is in public relations & locker room chemistry not schemes & formations.

You brought up both Kolb & Skelton initially sir. I didn't. "Note how you said Grimm will fix the eagles line which is highly unlikely considering how porous the Cardinals line has been all year." Now, that's a bizarre line of thinking...Just because Grimm failed to produce a high caliber line in 1 season that doesn't make him a bust or a failure Truckin Sanders. Bill Belicheck failed to win a Championship in Cleveland yet he won 3 SB rings in NE. The hoodie relocated & became a tremendous success why can't Russ Grimm do the same as well?

It's all about the talent around you on the field & an NFL owner who isn't cheap & stays out of the coaching staff's way. I have no crystal ball here and neither do you sir with all due respect. Russ Grimm deserves a shot at being a HC. I never said hire him exclusively without interviewing other candidates. My expertise is in public relations & locker room chemistry not schemes & formations.

Yes i brought up how they were battered behind that line, not their performance on the field. He has produced the worst line in football. By that token Romeo Crennel failed in Cleveland and oh wait he is failing to in Kansas City. Complete non sequitur do not even try that.

Yes i brought up how they were battered behind that line, not their performance on the field. He has produced the worst line in football. By that token Romeo Crennel failed in Cleveland and oh wait he is failing to in Kansas City. Complete non sequitur do not even try that.

Non sequitur: "A statement that appears unrelated to a statement that follows."

Did I mention Romeo Crennel? No, I did not. Again, that was you sir. Trying to establish a false level of equivalency is an interesting debate strategy sir. I fail to see the rational behind such an unorthodox tactic, but please feel free to try it to your heart's content. To each their own I guess.

Futile: "Lacking serious value, substance, or practical usefulness, ineffective, and fruitless in significance." Like the purpose of continuing this mind numbing conversation.

Good Bye, Bon Voyage, and Dah svee-dah-nee-yah Mr. Truckin Sanders. Have a pleasant evening sir. I am finished with this entire discussion.

Far be it from me to defend Vick, but there is not a single QB that could succeed with the kind of protection he had Monday night. Part of it falls on the coaching, Howard Mudd is yesterday's news in this league. Glad him and his 'small linemen' preference is not in Indy anymore. Most of it falls on bad play calling and blocking schemes. If they're rushing 6, get a hat on a hat and have a quick outlet receiver to make them pay if you don't have time. Instead of having Celek dropping back in pass pro, have him chip somebody and release out in the flat....easy 8 yards or more.

Non sequitur: "A statement that appears unrelated to a statement that follows."

Did I mention Romeo Crennel? No, I did not. Again, that was you sir. Trying to establish a false level of equivalency is an interesting debate strategy sir. I fail to see the rational behind such an unorthodox tactic, but please feel free to try it to your heart's content. To each their own I guess.

Futile: "Lacking serious value, substance, or practical usefulness, ineffective, and fruitless in significance." Like the purpose of continuing this mind numbing conversation.

Good Bye, Bon Voyage, and Dah svee-dah-nee-yah Mr. Truckin Sanders. Have a pleasant evening sir. I am finished with this entire discussion.

Good job looking up the definition, hence, should recognize your comparison of Bill Bellichick has no bearing on this what so ever. Your premise was simply on what ifs but that facts show Russ Grimm is managing the worst offensive line in football.

I think a majority if the problems are on coaching and personal. I fully expect that team to be gutted next season.

They have no legitimate WR, with an inaccurate QB and a bad defense.

You've got bad play calling aided by lack of quality players. It's a catch 22.

Keep McCoy. Build from that.

I doubt it, but they should have fired Ried last year. He'll forever be the reason they lost that Super Bowl to NE with his poor clock management.

Vick was a big no no, and they went for it anyway. Regardless of the o-line, this is nothing new. He's waiting to get hurt, and you have to admit, he does some of it to himself with the stupid running around instead of just throwing the ball.

The play calling is another thing, they will run over a hundred yards against teams and Vick is still throwing it, that is on Ried, with the play calling. Vick had no business what so ever throwing 50 passes against Cleveland when they rushed over 130.

Not to mention, that defense is a joke and they got rid of the scapegoat thinking their all star defense would pick up.

It's pretty darn easy for the Giants year in and year out when the division is ran by Synder, Jones, and Ried.

Reid wasn't in te Super Bowl..