Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mr. Irsay Please Pick Up Quinn

eddie p from indy

QUINN!  

52 members have voted

1. 1. brady quinn?! bring em to indy...heh

• yes thats what im talking about
    • no i dont feel ya

Well...since we are having a qb issue to say the least. irsay tweeted that he wants his twitter people to throw out some names of vet qbs they would like to see on the colts.this is to prepare for the season if peyton can't grace us with his football god-like skills,in time to whoop on the texans. WHAT ABOUT BRADY QUINN!! He is no vet but he was a star in Notre Dame. you think he wouldn't love to come to indy. He wants to play. He is turning heads in denver taking tebows spot as the number 2 qb He just wants another shot to show the world his arm. with our big name recievers and his rocket arm it could be a beautiful thing for the colts. Think about it. everyone in denver is saying he is looking impressive this year. we dont ever see the broncos. i think they would settle for a defensive lineman. jerry hughes maybe. Quinn has experience, a good arm, and is dying to play again. he has been overshadowed in that city by tebow-hypers. there qb coach said he has one of the best arms in the league. he said better than the peyton brothers. which is good considering he worked with both peyton brothers! come on guys what do you think. Bring him back to indiana???????

Very nice option, but I'm not sure if Denver would be willing to get rid of him for cheap. The guy is a first rounder who was denied a solid shot playing for a bad team that was pretty horrible in every aspect. He did and still does have minimal second string QB potential.

Very nice option, but I'm not sure if Denver would be willing to get rid of him for cheap. The guy is a first rounder who was denied a solid shot playing for a bad team that was pretty horrible in every aspect. He did and still does have minimal second string QB potential.

i know its really for my self satisfaction. ijust hate to see him waste this year in denver. everyone loves tebow eventhough he is not a good nfl qb. great college player..yes! but quinn needs to play some games. i want him here

DANTE CULPEPPER

All That Needs To Be Said Was Said With Putting His Name On This Page

He Was Once A Great QB

Even If He's 5 % Of What He Was HES STILL BETTER THEN PAINTER

He's Not Going To Be Very Expensive & If Colts Offered Him A Spot U Think He'd Turn It Down?

Get DANTE Cut Painter Ger Culpepper Painters Salary & Call It A Day

Really What Do U Have To Lose ONLY GAIN IS INVOLVED DO IT DO IT DO IT

Party On Wayne Party On Garth Scooby Doo Ending Not Needed

Thnx For Your Time

If we're going to try to trade instead of picking up a free agent then Denver may be the best option and really Tebow or Quinn would be fine with me. I'd be more than happy to give either of them a chance so long as we don't have to give up too much to get them. The biggest concern would be their contracts and how much we would have to pay them to bring them here.

As for Daunte Culpepper (note the U in the first name :P ), no, he was NEVER a great QB. Much like Manning can make decent receivers look great, a WR tandem of Chris Carter and Randy Moss can make an average (or less) QB look better than he is.

Well...since we are having a qb issue to say the least. irsay tweeted that he wants his twitter people to throw out some names of vet qbs they would like to see on the colts.this is to prepare for the season if peyton can't grace us with his football god-like skills,in time to whoop on the texans. WHAT ABOUT BRADY QUINN!! He is no vet but he was a star in Notre Dame. you think he wouldn't love to come to indy. He wants to play. He is turning heads in denver taking tebows spot as the number 2 qb He just wants another shot to show the world his arm. with our big name recievers and his rocket arm it could be a beautiful thing for the colts. Think about it. everyone in denver is saying he is looking impressive this year. we dont ever see the broncos. i think they would settle for a defensive lineman. jerry hughes maybe. Quinn has experience, a good arm, and is dying to play again. he has been overshadowed in that city by tebow-hypers. there qb coach said he has one of the best arms in the league. he said better than the peyton brothers. which is good considering he worked with both peyton brothers! come on guys what do you think. Bring him back to indiana???????

I absolutly agree, Quinn is a winner on and off the field. He would do nothing but improve Colts option at QB. We need a skilled player to back up our Star and Quinn will someday be a stud again on the field. Irsay, bring him in before Denver votes him over Tebow.

I would certainly not be opposed to a Quinn QB as a backup in Indy but at what cost? A 5th with possibility of an upgrade with certain playing parameters but I couldn't see us giving up anything more than that for a journeyman backup who couldn't keep a starting job in 2 qb starved teams. I know the talent they had in Cleveland was not quite what it could have been to succeed but great qb's have overcame obstacles and made it. I think it is the decision process more than the physical assets for him. Remember, Leaf had one heck of an arm but no mental ability to go with it so arm means little without a head to point it in the proper direction.

A few questions:

What would the Colts have to give up for Quinn?

Would that be a worthwhile price, considering we are trying to build a team that gives Manning the best chance to make the most of his remaining 5 years?

Would Quinn really give us a better chance to win the opening game (which Manning won't miss anyway)? I mean, is it better to start a guy with more talent, but who has no idea how this offense works? Or start a guy who's maybe less talented, but is learning this system all the time?

Are you guys insane?

Would you please stop the QB threads?

Can a Moderator ban said threads until after game 1 of the regular season?

This thread makes my head hurt....

lol! I know what you mean. They're talking about two guys with well known accuracy problems. Waste a trade or draft pick when we already have a guy who can lose games right now?

Hilarious. I wonder if Isray reads this for his morning laugh.

A few questions:

What would the Colts have to give up for Quinn? Good question. Someone in another thread mentioned sending Hughes in a trade because DL is a need for the Broncos. I wouldn't be totally opposed to that. Not that I have anything against Hughes mind you. No he hasn't really done much so far but he also hasn't had much of a chance to do anything so I'm certainly not ready to call him a bust like some are. He definitely has upside and that would be a benefit for the Broncos. Plus, in sending a player as opposed to just draft picks, that would help alleviate the expense we'd pick up with Quinn's contract.

Would that be a worthwhile price, considering we are trying to build a team that gives Manning the best chance to make the most of his remaining 5 years? If the focus is simply to help build a championship caliber team while Manning is here, then no probably not.

However, if we're also taking into consideration the long-term plans then it could turn out a number of ways. If the trade were to involve Hughes, I don't think it would be a big blow to our defense because DE is probably the area we have the most depth. Granted a lot of that depth is currently unproven, but Hughes is as of yet unproven as well. As for bringing in Quinn...he's 26 years old now so would be 31 when Manning's contract is up. All signs currently indicate Manning will retire at the end of this contract. If that's the case and Quinn decided to wait that out, he could become the starter when Manning retires and still have 5-10 years in him. Steve Young was in his 7th year when he became the starter for the 49'ers so it's not impossible for a QB to sit that long to wait for his chance. If this were to go through it could turn out a number of ways. Hughes could turn into a monster DE and Quinn could flop. They could both become Pro Bowlers. Quinn could become a Pro Bowl QB and Hughes could flop.

Would Quinn really give us a better chance to win the opening game (which Manning won't miss anyway)? I mean, is it better to start a guy with more talent, but who has no idea how this offense works? Or start a guy who's maybe less talented, but is learning this system all the time? Very valid point and I would tend to think that Painter would still be the better option to start in week 1 if Manning couldn't go. However, if people are looking for a long term backup QB solution then it could still work out to be a good thing.

Are you guys insane? I think there's a wide range from paranoid, to delusional all the way to complete and total insanity.

Would you please stop the QB threads? Agreed. I will say though that of all of the threads popping up lately, this is one of the less-horrible ideas that has been suggested.

Can a Moderator ban said threads until after game 1 of the regular season? :cheer:

See answers in red. :drink:

I worry about any QB coming in after Manning. He is the best QB I've ever seen and even with Manning grooming him (Quinn for example), he will never be Manning. I worry about the fans dumping on Quinn and tearing him apart when he doesn't perform like Manning, which he never will. I would just hate to see it happen to a guy I actually like.

Why picking up Brady Quinn? Peyton is only going to be gone for a game or two, so I would pick up Sorgi because:

1. He knows the playbook

2. He knows some players

3. He knows the audibles

4. He learned from Peyton, and was his student for 6 years, and while he played he was average (still better than painter)

Let me copy paste you something

Sorgi was drafted in the sixth round in the 2004 NFL Draft by the Indianapolis Colts. While there, Sorgi proved to be an adequate back-up to starting QB Peyton Manning. In his first season, Sorgi played against the Denver Broncos, throwing for 175 yards and 1 TD. In the 2004 NFL season, Jim Sorgi completed 17 of 29 attempts and threw for 175 yards. In the 2005 NFL season, he gained slightly more playing time, and completed 42 of 61 attempts for 444 yards. The bulk of his playing time in 2005 came in the game against the Seattle Seahawks at the end of the regular season.

In the 2008 season, he did not take the field until the final regular-season game.[1] He had a majority of the playing time in the 2008 preseason, as Peyton Manning was recovering from knee surgery. As of the end of the 2008 regular season, he had six career touchdown passes and one interception.

On December 9, 2009, Sorgi was placed on injured reserve due to a strained right hamstring.[2]

Sorgi was released by Indianapolis on March 5, 2010.

btw I am back, before the page changed I was alfred0498, ppl know me cause i made very stupid threads, today I signed up again, just because I needede to talk about the Colts to ppl that know about the Colts :)

I'm leaning towards us picking up Sorgi. Quin would be a decent option as would Daunte. We mise well forget Tebow because the price would be way high. We'd have a better chance of Brett Favre staying retired and out of the news. And if we stick we our current back ups.. we mise well just start Drake Nevis at QB week 1, We'd have the same percent chance to win and it'd be funny to watch at least.

I thought you meant Quinn Pitcock, in which case Id say why not (excessive current depth not withstanding), but now I see you want a QB, and no thanks.

Manning will be ready, and if he isnt, 2 weeks wont do anyone not already familiar with the Colts offense any good at all.

They might want to spend their money in building a team for Manning to finish out a strong 5 years, but without a depth even at the QB position, we aren't going to get anywhere. We should get Quinn from the Broncos, because if Quinn gets put into the Colts system, and taught by Manning, than he will be a Star back-up QB for us. It is a vital position we need... most of us all agree that without a back-up we have a better chance putting the most random player we have at QB in order to keep our current back-ups off the field. We are going to have to bite the bullet in terms of cost, because without a back-up QB, if Manning neck isn't ready or gets hurt again because other teams just don't care about injuring opponents than we have no hope whatsoever.

They might want to spend their money in building a team for Manning to finish out a strong 5 years, but without a depth even at the QB position, we aren't going to get anywhere. We should get Quinn from the Broncos, because if Quinn gets put into the Colts system, and taught by Manning, than he will be a Star back-up QB for us. It is a vital position we need... most of us all agree that without a back-up we have a better chance putting the most random player we have at QB in order to keep our current back-ups off the field. We are going to have to bite the bullet in terms of cost, because without a back-up QB, if Manning neck isn't ready or gets hurt again because other teams just don't care about injuring opponents than we have no hope whatsoever.

thank you! its not a terrible idea. just people are getting there panties in a knot about these qb threads. its a fine idea. its not great but, im just giving my oppinion

if number 18 isnt under center, he is calling the plays on the sideline, and imagine what offense strategy he'd come up with more free time... a back up is all about building a team for # 18 to finish out his last 5 years as strong as possible, and depth will do that; even at the QB position. All it takes is him to push recovery and get hit wrong and there goes our season.. and ultimately 1 less ring for his legacy

These comments are killing my brain cells. What's next? "AY, LETS SINE TOM BRADY CUZ HE HAS A WINNIN REKORD N I THNK CLTS CUD GIT HIM CHEEP" Jesus....

lol

On a side note.. Does anyone else think the lol (L0L) should be less animated than the rotflmao (r0tflmao) Thoughts? Discussion?

Trade Hughes?

No team is going to be interested in trading for Hughes...

Yeah, I don't know why that keeps popping up. Hughes has absolutely no trade value right now.

Doesn't mean he won't develop into a good player in the future. But no one's going to trade for an under-performing, underwhelming defensive end with a 1st round contract.

These comments are killing my brain cells. What's next? "AY, LETS SINE TOM BRADY CUZ HE HAS A WINNIN REKORD N I THNK CLTS CUD GIT HIM CHEEP" Jesus....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! very funny! creative!! it was a thought! brady quinn wouldve been a good back up we could have had. lets sign tom brady! brady quinn is nowhere close to tom brady, we all know this..... what you said was pure stupidity. obviously you like being *. im not hear to spread hate to my fellow colts fans. i'm just reacting to a very childish type of post i see on every forum. if you dont like the idea. don't read it! that simple