Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay, now (23/08)

Marcio James

The tweet doesnt say the Colts are giving up a high pick. Irsay was giving an example of what a the series trade winds are...I may not be explaining that very good. I guess its like using a general phrase like ......Its getting hot in here we're talking like back side of the sun hot...

I disagree. Why use that specific example then actually mean the exact opposite?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tweet doesnt say the Colts are giving up a high pick. Irsay was giving an example of what a the series trade winds are...I may not be explaining that very good. I guess its like using a general phrase like ......Its getting hot in here we're talking like back side of the sun hot...

Read all his tweets here https://twitter.com/JimIrsay

He says they are talking about giving up a high pick in on tweet and then says his check book stands ready which tells me this is a guy if we get is maybe have to extend his deal once he is traded for.

if their giving up a high pick they better be getting someone like revis or cromartie lol. or someone close to that caliber. but with collie going down i can see maybe Mike WAllace being a colt. but isnt he a FA after the season? so hopefully they work out a sign and trade deal before sending a high draft pick. but since dream land is over for me....

who is actually available for trade for a high draft pick??

MJD - i dont really see the jags giving him to a division rival.

M.Wallace - possibly since collie went down. he is young, and fast and has good hands

V. Davis - certainly would fill a big void in the secondary.

M.Jenkins - i really dont see the colts giving up a high draft pick for Jenkins

another eagles player? Grigson seems to like that lol. maybe Suggs from baltimore but isnt he out for a few weeks?

my friend tells me he heard from a mystery source which he refuses to tell me that the colts are trying to get mike wallace and vontae davis giving up a 1st and a 2nd respectively. i wouldnt put too much stocking into this but i thought it would be worth discussing

my friend tells me he heard from a mystery source which he refuses to tell me that the colts are trying to get mike wallace and vontae davis giving up a 1st and a 2nd respectively. i wouldnt put too much stocking into this but i thought it would be worth discussing

Nice. Up the ante. Not one, but two trades.

I don't know who we are gunning for but I fully believe it is for a talented CB.

I am looking at the small picture here speculating that a second talented CB to start the season with gives us the best chance at going into our bye week UNDEFEATED!!!

RT can be addressed in waivers with roster cuts coming around the corner.

Wallace would be a nice addition, but if we want him we could wait until after this season. PIT has no problem letting WRs walk away and they know they have rising stars at the position. If they dont tag him then he will be a free agent and we could throw some money at him and save the pick for our D.

All i know is that i believe the colts will be on the opposite end of the power rankings come this time next year.

I don't know who we are gunning for but I fully believe it is for a talented CB.

I am looking at the small picture here speculating that a second talented CB to start the season with gives us the best chance at going into our bye week UNDEFEATED!!!

RT can be addressed in waivers with roster cuts coming around the corner.

Wallace would be a nice addition, but if we want him we could wait until after this season. PIT has no problem letting WRs walk away and they know they have rising stars at the position. If they dont tag him then he will be a free agent and we could throw some money at him and save the pick for our D.

All i know

I agree. We will raid the waivers for a offensive lineman.

"3 first round picks and Andrew Luck and it's a done deal.

Or Irsay could just do what he does best and have his team tank the season and pick the best corner in the draft next year."

From Datruth55. What an intelligent individual. We do badly one season and Irsay is a tanker haha

I do wonder where we sit salary cap wise to be able to sign a proven veteran who is going to demand a big payday? I would much rather see something like a Freeney for Vontae Davis and another player or pick. But to trade a draft pick for a costly veteran, I imagine some salary cap judging will be going on then.

I can't sleep reading through this thread. Well, here is my first post :coltshelmet:

I doubt there is any team out there that is willing to accept the risk that comes along with Collie and his concussion filled career. As far as Freeney goes, I don't think Philly would want him, but there is a possibility of a three way trade where involving Miami and Philly.

MJD and Wallace are a long shot. I really hope we get Davis to improve our secondary.

I can't sleep reading through this thread. Well, here is my first post :coltshelmet:

I doubt there is any team out there that is willing to accept the risk that comes along with Collie and his concussion filled career. As far as Freeney goes, I don't think Philly would want him, but there is a possibility of a three way trade where involving Miami and Philly.

MJD and Wallace are a long shot. I really hope we get Davis to improve our secondary.

I was suspecting that Collie wouldn't remain a Colt, but he also wouldn't be going to another team. If you see where I'm going...

I was suspecting that Collie wouldn't remain a Colt, but he also wouldn't be going to another team. If you see where I'm going...

yea that's my take on it as well. IMO players like Collie and Jahvid Best should hang up the gloves and do something else. Their jello brains can't handle NFL hits anymore.