Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay, now (23/08)

Marcio James

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is Vonte really a veteran?

The tweet seems to imply a veteran more than a three year player. I am wondering if Austin Collie's concussion could be more serious than we all know and they might be going after Mike Wallace. I would love to see MJD wear a horseshoe but I am a huge Donald Brown fan and he has serious potential and I think he is going to get his this year!

I would feel pretty darn comfortable with Davis and Powers starting, and any one of our other new CB's at nickel...... 1st or 2nd round pick comfortable..... that I don't know....3rd..... sure

I would be infuriated if we gave up our 2013 1st rounder for Vontae. Our 2nd round pick would be acceptable to give up, if Grigson and Pagano believes this to be the missing piece to make us playoff contenders.

The tweet seems to imply a veteran more than a three year player. I am wondering if Austin Collie's concussion could be more serious than we all know and they might be going after Mike Wallace. I would love to see MJD wear a horseshoe but I am a huge Donald Brown fan and he has serious potential and I think he is going to get his this year!

http://www.nfl.com/player/mikewallace/2507763/profile Vontae is a 4th year player just like Wallace is http://www.nfl.com/player/vontaedavis/79901/profile

My first hunch was Wallace but many say no. Then again many can be wrong. But, meh who knows.

So, is it Davis for sure, or is it the best guess for now?

Best guess for now.

Overall, lets get the beer, coffee and snacks ready for those who will be checking in and out late into the night/morning here.

My first hunch was Wallace but many say no. Then again many can be wrong. But, meh who knows.

Best guess for now.

Overall, lets get the beer, coffee and snacks ready for those who will be checking in and out late into the night/morning here.

... while Mr. Jim Irsay will be sleeping, waiting for the dawn to reveal the trade

yes vontae cb from dolphins. he lost his starting job to richard marshall because of holding out. sean smith is thier #1 cb 6'3 but vontae wants to start.

Well tell Vontae to come on up North. We got just the Spot for him :)

*Throws on Shorts & Sandals* I'm going to South Beach to get him

The Vontae Davis thing has kind of come out of left field... So to speak. I just sat and watched the video that TKnight85 posted before even coming to this thread, and If he is indeed who the Colts are trying to pick up I'd be incredibly happy. He is a better choice then say Mike Jenkins as had been rumored.

Well, I found his highlights from just this past season. A little over 3mins of him. He looks pretty solid to me, Wonder how much we'll have to give up for him??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYdfBxOrQ90

Now I know why many say he's super talented, but inconsistent. He looks like a top notch shutdown corner in this video. If anyone could make him play to his full potential, it's Pagano.

Now I know why many say he's super talented, but inconsistent. He looks like a top notch shutdown corner in this video. If anyone could make him play to his full potential, it's Pagano.

Agreed. If this trade is really happening, this will be a MAJOR jump to our Secondary.

Why hasnt anyone thought of the fact we could be the ones getting a "high draft pick" and Irsay opening his check book is to pay out bonus already earned..I am not sure who we would have that would get us a decent pick...Playing Devils advocate here....

who on our roster would get us a high draft pick

Why hasnt anyone thought of the fact we could be the ones getting a "high draft pick" and Irsay opening his check book is to pay out bonus already earned..I am not sure who we would have that would get us a decent pick...Playing Devils advocate here....

I dont think we have anyone that would get us a high pick, We have Freeney but at this stage he dont command a high draft pick

Irsay tweeted that we are giving up a high pick for a starter.

SERIOUS TRADE WINDS Swirling! We're talking given up high pick for SERIOUS Vet/Starter!.. these deals often crumble n don't reach completion

— Jim Irsay (@JimIrsay)

August 23, 2012

"SERIOUS TRADE WINDS Swirling! We're talking given up high pick for SERIOUS Vet/Starter!.. these deals often crumble n don't reach completion"

I've been a big defender of Irsay and his Twitter account, but I don't think this is a wise use of. I could see this being damaging to any potential deal, and I can't see it helping any potential deal. Announcing a big move on Twitter is one thing, and I don't mind that. But announcing that you're working on a big deal on Twitter is quite another. This is somewhat reckless on his part, and if there's no deal, he's going to look bad and so will his GM.

Irsay tweeted that we are giving up a high pick for a starter.

https://twitter.com/...779962998530050

"SERIOUS TRADE WINDS Swirling! We're talking given up high pick for SERIOUS Vet/Starter!.. these deals often crumble n don't reach completion"

The tweet doesnt say the Colts are giving up a high pick. Irsay was giving an example of what a the series trade winds are...I may not be explaining that very good. I guess its like using a general phrase like ......Its getting hot in here we're talking like back side of the sun hot...

I've been a big defender of Irsay and his Twitter account, but I don't think this is a wise use of. I could see this being damaging to any potential deal, and I can't see it helping any potential deal. Announcing a big move on Twitter is one thing, and I don't mind that. But announcing that you're working on a big deal on Twitter is quite another. This is somewhat reckless on his part, and if there's no deal, he's going to look bad and so will his GM.

I think he's trying to break new ground by giving fans a more inside perspective than they've ever had. But you're pretty much right on.

Wallace for a 1st? Eh... Dunno how I like that. He's a good WR, but worth a 1st?

Just dunno...

Alright folks Im headed to bed, maybe there will be a deal done tomorrow, maybe there wont but look at this way, If no deals done that means we are no worse for the wear then when we woke up this morning and we still have most of our draft picks. So Im just thankful for that, Would I like Vontae Davis? sure but Im not giving up a 1st or 2nd for him, 3rd yes I would. Night folks