Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pft Picked Up On Irsay's Tweet

Phil J

lol, its not like they would have missed it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/20/irsay-colts-preparing-to-play-without-peyton/

although, this quote bothered me quite a bit:

"Manning is currently on the Physically Unable to Perform list, and it’s been widely expected that he’ll be activated before the start of the regular season. But if he isn’t, he’ll have to miss the first six games."

we are done-zo if he is still on the PUP list. 0-6 is alot worse than 3-4 in 2008, and we had to claw back from that mess.

lol, its not like they would have missed it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/20/irsay-colts-preparing-to-play-without-peyton/

although, this quote bothered me quite a bit:

"Manning is currently on the Physically Unable to Perform list, and it’s been widely expected that he’ll be activated before the start of the regular season. But if he isn’t, he’ll have to miss the first six games."

we are done-zo if he is still on the PUP list. 0-6 is alot worse than 3-4 in 2008, and we had to claw back from that mess.

If peyton misses 6 games,then the season is over.That statement is obvious.Can someone explain to me why peyton did not have the surgery earlier?

Can someone explain to me why peyton did not have the surgery earlier?

been wondering the same thing for a while. sure, he got in some secret reps with the offense before the surgery in May, but why not get it in March, and be ready for camp rather than getting reps in on a practice field 7 months before the season?

hence the "widely expected" comment. but still.......

Yea, its obviously worrisome but cmon guys give the guy a break. It's been a crazy offseason, he had twins, the lockout has kept him out of complete contact with his team and trainers. Who's to say they didn't want him to have his surgery because he entire rehab would have been with outside doctors, where as when they saw the lockout was coming close to ending is when they jumped on it. Rehab is a huge part of recovery for normal people, can only imagine how important it is for million dollar athletes.

All I'm saying is yea he's not practicing and the Colts organization isn't really giving us a definitive answer assuring us he'll be back; but its Peyton Manning, he WILL be back, and our season WILL be good. Smoke & daggers, smoke & daggers.

Usually the Colts are very secretive however noone is able to stop the juggernaut that is Irsay's Twitter account, lol. I would actually like to see Hartline get some playing time but not sure how he will fair out. I just like his frame, tall, big, looks like he can move fairly quick.

IF Peyton wasn't available, I'd like to see us possibly swing a deal for Matt Leinart. Just like some of our other pickups this year, he is the epitome of unfulfilled potential. He has the arm to fit into our pass-happy offense. He won the Manning Award in college. He has filmed a commercial with Peyton, Eli and Archie, so the personal connection is already there. The only catch is that he plays for one of our division rivals; not sure what they would ask for in return. But here's a thought...Jerry Hughes for Leinart.

based on Painter's fantastic instincts, right?

Anyone watch the game against the Redskins last night? Painter played the whole 1st half.

Redskins 16, Colts 3

Here's an excerpt from Michael Marot's article:

"But the Colts have rarely been as lethargic and inept as they were Friday.

Curtis Painter started for the second straight week in place of Peyton Manning, still recovering from offseason neck surgery, and Painter struggled again. Despite playing the entire first half, Painter was just 5 of 10 for 40 yards and picked up only one first down. He couldn't get Indy past its 29-yard line."

I still expect Peyton to be available week 1, or else he wouldn't have flown to St. Louis last week.

Yes he would, Peyton is the closest thing to a player coach you are going to find in modern sports. If Peyton can't play he's going to be there more or less coaching. He isn't your normal hurt player that doesn't make road trips. Odds are if he can't play they will take him off the PUP list and call him questionable and declare him a scratch right before the game so he would be with the team for road trips.

Yea i dont think there is anything to worry about peyton is gonna be back in DUE time. Also i dont see the colts losing many games even if peyton is gone.

That's it!!! I'm breaking out the trout for this post. :trout:

Have you seen our backup QB's play this preseason? The Colts

will not win many, if any at all without Manning in the lineup.

That's it!!! I'm breaking out the trout for this post. :trout:

Have you seen our backup QB's play this preseason? The Colts

will not win many, if any at all without Manning in the lineup.

Ahh!!! The trout master strikes again!!! I'm going to fight fire with fire and trout you, lol.

:trout:

Take that!

Polian update: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/20/polian-on-mannings-return-its-impossible-to-predict/

yuck.

“Once the nerves regenerate properly, he’ll be ready. When that happens, he’ll be ready to ramp up immediately. It’s impossible to predict.” How will he know when the nerves regenerate? will that show up on scans?

sounds like that is the signifier for when he gets cleared by the docs and starts practicing immediately. I just want to know how they can come to that conclusion.

Polian update: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/20/polian-on-mannings-return-its-impossible-to-predict/

yuck.

“Once the nerves regenerate properly, he’ll be ready. When that happens, he’ll be ready to ramp up immediately. It’s impossible to predict.” How will he know when the nerves regenerate? will that show up on scans?

sounds like that is the signifier for when he gets cleared by the docs and starts practicing immediately. I just want to know how they can come to that conclusion.

Oh I have no doubt that once Peyton is cleared he'll start a 50% Manning, heck a 25% Manning is beter than what we have.

If peyton misses 6 games,then the season is over.That statement is obvious.Can someone explain to me why peyton did not have the surgery earlier?

Because he was basically in contract limbo and wouldn't have been allowed to perform his rehabilitation under the supervision of team doctors. He basically tried to time in a way that ensured everyone he wanted to be involved was involved, while also getting his contract out of the way.

The off-season was insane. Peyton and the medical experts did what they felt was best.

IF Peyton wasn't available, I'd like to see us possibly swing a deal for Matt Leinart. Just like some of our other pickups this year, he is the epitome of unfulfilled potential. He has the arm to fit into our pass-happy offense. He won the Manning Award in college. He has filmed a commercial with Peyton, Eli and Archie, so the personal connection is already there. The only catch is that he plays for one of our division rivals; not sure what they would ask for in return. But here's a thought...Jerry Hughes for Leinart.

Seeing as how Leinart just signed a contract, I doubt the Texans are looking to pawn him off. And we would lose hard in that trade if we gave up Hughes. He's shown potential for growth this off-season (as our defensive line schemes typically take a while to develop), while Leinart clearly peaked in college. In short:

-Leinart offers us nothing over Painter.

-He just signed a contract, so there's some measure of commitment from both parties involved.

-How on earth is Hughes v. Leinart an even trade outside of Madden's rating system?

-If Hughes is a bust (which is what you are implying), why would a team trade a QB they've committed to keep for him?

yuck.

I could be reaching here, but how Polian said "Our owner is the owner. I can't speak to that," it seems to me that Polian is dismissing Irsay's tweet. By basically saying he's just the owner, it's dismissing Irsay's validity as a football mind and implying he's just a business owner. Which, in all honesty, is exactly what Irsay is. His knowledge or input really doesn't go in to the football aspects of stuff. My opinion is that his tweeting was just to stir up twitter a little bit. He loves doing that. I 100% believe Polian when he says they're waiting for the nerve to regenerate, but I doubt that even if it's not that he'll play. A couple of years ago, Manning got a concussion in the middle of a game, but they never even mentioned it (like, ever) so they could still play him. Basically what I'm saying is he'll play no matter what, guaranteed.