Playoffs2013

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea do you know how dangerous a concussion is

:facepalm:

Do you?

Guy gets lit up again, career may be over, and his life may be permanently altered, and you say NOTHING at all about his health and well being, just whether or not it's time to quit paying him and helping him support his family, and then when someone DOES call you out on it you try to turn it around like I'M the one who doesn't understand how serious a concussion is?

Bullcrap.

Bullcrap everywhere.

:facepalm:

Do you?

Guy gets lit up again, career may be over, and his life may be permanently altered, and you say NOTHING at all about his health and well being, just whether or not it's time to quit paying him and helping him support his family, and then when someone DOES call you out on it you try to turn it around like I'M the one who doesn't understand how serious a concussion is?

Bullcrap.

Bullcrap everywhere.

Im sorry I misread intention

I thought you were lol at the concussion

The point wasn't from a family perspective it's from a business perspective

I understand the dangers of a concussion I've had 2

Im sorry I misread intention

I thought you were lol at the concussion

The point wasn't from a family perspective it's from a business perspective

I understand the dangers of a concussion I've had 2

No, it was an lol because if he has another concussion then his career likely is over, and less than hour later someone has already started a topic about firing him with no mention at all of concern for his personal health.

No, it was an lol because if he has another concussion then his career likely is over, and less than hour later someone has already started a topic about firing him with no mention at all of concern for his personal health.

Like I said from a business standpoint

I'm not here to get in an argument with you

It's the preseason... just sit out a couple of games just to be safe.

No, the Colts should not get rid of him. He's one of the few reliable receivers, and he's our #2.

Andy, if AC has ONE concussion symptom he should retire.

If he doesn't.. Indy should retire him.

Too young.....

I am concerned about Collie's health, but I am also not going to hide the fact that I do want this team to win. Collies concussions are a hazard to his health and his health can be a liability to this team.

Does anyone know if having a concussion makes a person more susceptible to having concussions in the future? This hit Collie took tonight didn't look nearly as hard as the hit when he suffered his first or second concussions.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 20, 2012 - offensive
Hidden by Nadine, August 20, 2012 - offensive

It's the preseason... just sit out a couple of games just to be safe.

No, the Colts should not get rid of him. He's one of the few reliable receivers, and he's our #2.

He's going to forget how to do math if that happens again. For whatever reason, the kid's noggin can't take a blow. Dudes gonna be foolish soon

On the Collie play, I can't believe nobody hasn't brought up that it should have a roughing personal foul for illegal shot to the head on a defenseless receiver. Yet another dirty illegal headshot on Collie. The guy should be fined, plain and simple.

I don't think it was a concussion. I could be wrong though. I know I'm not Austin but it seemed more of a neck stinger. That said Austin has the right to decide for himself if he wants to retire. People don't come into your job and say you ought to hang it up. Policemen get shot and firemen get burned. Its a dangerous game but if he thinks he wants to keep playing and still can at a high level I say more power to him. Now that doesn't mean the Colts have to resign him or keep him or anyone else but he knows the dangers and risks. I'm not one of those people who say you should tell people not be allowed to eat fatty food because it will ruin their life and for their family too. I see it as no difference. We know the risks...all the way around.

If he did get a concussion...I think he would likely be the first person to say its time to hang it up....if not on his own but after talks with his family. I'm not going to sit here and say one way or another. I really hope it wasn't because he is a really good receiver...one of our best...but I just can't see us retaining him after the season for this very reason. Sad.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 20, 2012 - response to removed post
Hidden by Nadine, August 20, 2012 - response to removed post

He's going to forget how to do math if that happens again. For whatever reason, the kid's noggin can't take a blow. Dudes gonna be foolish soon

I lol'd. Couldn't help it. "forget how to do math" got me good.

But come to think of it, I may be in the same boat, there's very little about math I ever remembered... But then again, I didn't really learn it to begin with, so........

On the Collie play, I can't believe nobody hasn't brought up that it should have a roughing personal foul for illegal shot to the head on a defenseless receiver. Yet another dirty illegal headshot on Collie. The guy should be fined, plain and simple.

I didn't see that. Simply barely grazed his head with his knee/leg. Lefeged's hit was way worse as far as defenseless and even that was minor. I think we are reaching...although I agree the game has been physical both ways.

I don't think it was a concussion. I could be wrong though. I know I'm not Austin but it seemed more of a neck stinger. That said Austin has the right to decide for himself if he wants to retire. People don't come into your job and say you ought to hang it up. Policemen get shot and firemen get burned. Its a dangerous game but if he thinks he wants to keep playing and still can at a high level I say more power to him. Now that doesn't mean the Colts have to resign him or keep him or anyone else but he knows the dangers and risks. I'm not one of those people who say you should tell people not be allowed to eat fatty food because it will ruin their life and for their family too. I see it as no difference. We know the risks...all the way around.

If he did get a concussion...I think he would likely be the first person to say its time to hang it up....if not on his own but after talks with his family. I'm not going to sit here and say one way or another. I really hope it wasn't because he is a really good receiver...one of our best...but I just can't see us retaining him after the season for this very reason. Sad.

They said, he went to the locker room for concussion like symptoms.

I lol'd. Couldn't help it. "forget how to do math" got me good.

But come to think of it, I may be in the same boat, there's very little about math I ever remembered... But then again, I didn't really learn it to begin with, so........

Yea I'm the same. You can't forget what you never knew....and so forth.

I saw that Steeler defenders knee strike Collie's ear-hole and I knew right away....I just knew.

They said, he went to the locker room for concussion like symptoms.

Sorry. I didn't hear that. I guess I thought this was all speculation. It is possible but even so its his life...he has the right to earn a living how he sees fit. (That is if the Colts keep him).

Does anyone know if having a concussion makes a person more susceptible to having concussions in the future? This hit Collie took tonight didn't look nearly as hard as the hit when he suffered his first or second concussions.

I'm not sure full studies have been done on this but most doctors will tell you that it is true. I remember my doctor warning me that I will have a better chance of it happening after I got my first one (luckly, that's the only one I've had).

Just wondering if anyone knows if Collie still wears the specially designed helmet he had last year that seemed to limit the concussions?

I'm not sure full studies have been done on this but most doctors will tell you that it is true. I remember my doctor warning me that I will have a better chance of it happening after I got my first one (luckly, that's the only one I've had).

Just wondering if anyone knows if Collie still wears the specially designed helmet he had last year that seemed to limit the concussions?

I'm sure he does. If this keeps up he may be wearing it full time. I will be very sad if it was a concussion. Praying for a healthy Austin.

There are thin bands of connective tissue that anchor the brain in suspension, if I am correct. Once those have been pulled loose and severed, they never reattach. Your cranium is sort of floating in there and any significant bump against the side of the skull will cause what we may be seeing.

Anyone here who can explain this better, please do. That is what I remember from my physiology classes.

Nobody wishes Collie ill here. I think he is a heck of a receiver, and I hope that he is ok. All this being sad if this turns out to be another concussion for his own good the Colts should release him.

In football your going to have helmets get hit, and with AC I cringe at every hit and hope he gets back up and is ok.