Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Yes, putting the cart before the horse

chad72

OK, just curious what fellow Colts fans think.

Let us say we do prove to everyone we are better than advertised as a team and are exciting enough that the networks want to put us on primetime (other than what we already have vs Jags on TNF).

When do the FLEX schedules begin? What games/weeks do you think we could get in on primetime once they begin?

Good topic Chad. It might be a bit premature, but that's okay..> it's a message board. It's for discussions.

I'm going to take a different approach than many will on this topic..

*Week 11

Sun. Nov. 18

Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers Unless one of these two teams have their seasons fall apart early I doubt this game will be flexed out of Sunday night.

**Week 12

Thurs. Nov. 22

New England Patriots at New York Jets I think same thing could be said for this one.

*Week 12

Sun. Nov. 25

Green Bay Packers at New York Giants Ditto

*Week 13

Sun. Dec. 2

Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys Same here for the most part.

*Week 14

Sun. Dec. 9

Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers See Week 11

*Week 15

Sun. Dec. 16

San Francisco 49ers at New England Patriots See week 14

*Week 16

Sun. Dec. 23

San Diego Chargers at New York Jets

*Week 17

Sun. Dec. 30

TBA

Week 17 is obviously open for discussion.

Week 16 & 13 would be the most likely games to be flexed out and even then that is not very likely.

Week 13 @ Detroit. Could be an attractive game.

Week 16 @ Kansas City

Week 17 vs. Houston The only way I see this one flexed is if it's for the AFC South title, or either team is in line with a win & in vs. Loser goes home and that there isn't a head to head match up that is for a division title.

Week 11 @ New England

Week 12 Buffalo

Week 14 Tennessee

Week 15 @Houston

All things considered I'm not sure the Colts will be in line to have a game flexed this season.

Other top games (at this point in weeks:

SD @ Denver

GB @ Det

I'm not certain if CBS can protect both the SD/Denver and the NE/Indy game, so one of those could be open.

Denver @ KC

Baltimore @ SD

SF @ New Orleans

A great weekend for games but i doubt any will move Green Bay @ the World Champion New York Giants.

Pitt @ Blt

SD @ Pit

NO @ NYG

Den @ Blt

Car @ SD

Pitt @ Dal

NO @ Dal

NYG @ Blt

Baltimore @ Cincy

Carolina @ New Orleans

Philly @ NYG

KC @ Denver

With the popularity and hype over Luck I feel we really should have one prime time game.

I have seen fans of all teams talking about him just after one preseason game.

I wouldn't mind seeing Colts at Pats flexed. :) Cause......we are making this a game folks. Believe it. ;)

True, but "Prime Time" really needs to be a network game to be nationally televised.

I thought prime time was anything other than the normal 1, 4:15 games on Sunday. Anything during evening prime time hours to me = prime time. The NFL Network is carried on a lot of major cable companies and there will be a local tv station covering the game so just because it's not NBC or ESPN to me doesn't mean it's not prime time. Any way I have tickets for that game so it doesn't really matter to me, just more or less splitting hairs here.

True, but "Prime Time" really needs to be a network game to be nationally televised.

I'm pretty sure I read this morning that the NFL and Cablevision agreed to terms and I want to say that the only major cable system in the country without NFLN is Time-Warner which is the 4th largest.

http://www.ncta.com/Stats/TopMSOs.aspx/

So the NFLN is growing.

Good topic Chad. It might be a bit premature, but that's okay..> it's a message board. It's for discussions.

*Week 11

Sun. Nov. 18

Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers Unless one of these two teams have their seasons fall apart early I doubt this game will be flexed out of Sunday night.

**Week 12

Thurs. Nov. 22

New England Patriots at New York Jets I think same thing could be said for this one.

*Week 12

Sun. Nov. 25

*Week 13

Sun. Dec. 2

*Week 14

Sun. Dec. 9

*Week 15

Sun. Dec. 16

*Week 16

Sun. Dec. 23

*Week 17

Sun. Dec. 30

TBA

Week 16 & 13 would be the most likely games to be flexed out and even then that is not very likely.

Week 16 @ Kansas City

Week 17 vs. Houston The only way I see this one flexed is if it's for the AFC South title, or either team is in line with a win & in vs. Loser goes home and that there isn't a head to head match up that is for a division title.

Week 11 @ New England

Week 12 Buffalo

Week 14 Tennessee

Week 15 @Houston

All things considered I'm not sure the Colts will be in line to have a game flexed this season.

I dont see anyway we bump any of these games

You mean not cable? If that's the case, Monday Night Football doesn't meet your criteria anymore since it's on ESPN. I disagree. The Thursday night games are on a national network and their in primetime.

You mean not cable? If that's the case, Monday Night Football doesn't meet your criteria anymore since it's on ESPN. I disagree. The Thursday night games are on a national network and their in primetime.

I think MNF is grey area now since it's cable.

I either read it or heard it, but wanted to make sure...

So here you go.

http://www.nfl.com/n...ork-nfl-redzone

Yeah, I looked it up after I saw your post to check. I went to law school in Illinois, so I got most of the Colts games on network, plus NFL Network on Comcast. Here, until yesterday, I had neither.

Still won't see most of the Colts games, but at least I don't have to wait while ESPN shows 6 hours of friggin' poker to see some highlights. Plus I got the audio pass thing on NFL.com so I can hear Bob have his weekly heart attack.

Yeah, I looked it up after I saw your post to check. I went to law school in Illinois, so I got most of the Colts games on network, plus NFL Network on Comcast. Here, until yesterday, I had neither.

Still won't see most of the Colts games, but at least I don't have to wait while ESPN shows 6 hours of friggin' poker to see some highlights. Plus I got the audio pass thing on NFL.com so I can hear Bob have his weekly heart attack.

DirecTV is giving Sunday Ticket away to "SOME" customers... Depending on your living arrangements, it might be worth a call.

*Week 11

Sun. Nov. 18

**Week 12

Thurs. Nov. 22

*Week 12

Sun. Nov. 25

*Week 13

Sun. Dec. 2

*Week 14

Sun. Dec. 9

*Week 15

Sun. Dec. 16

*Week 16

Sun. Dec. 23

*Week 17

Sun. Dec. 30

TBA

Week 16 @ Kansas City

Week 11 @ New England

Week 12 Buffalo

Week 14 Tennessee

Week 15 @Houston

Your different approach perfectly analyzed the likelihood of this happening. Thanks

My analysis: Week 13, they'll probably want to keep the nfc east match-up since both are huge rating markets.

If I had to bet week 16 of existing games would be the best bet, because jets vs chargers doesnt have the same rivalry as other games, although rivers has choked against the jets several times in recent years. However indy vs kc isnt a sexy matchup.

Week 17 would be sexy if the division was on the line like FJC said, however I think we can all agree that is doubtful. However, that would be a good primetime game to end the year if that was the case.

Does the FLEX concept work for Monday Night games?

I think flex games only works for same day games, which, as some have already pointed out, would be Sunday only . . . from what i remember they flex it within a few weeks or less of the game . . . and it might be too late to move it to another day given that many fans, who bought tickets, plan for the event . . .

OK, just curious what fellow Colts fans think.

Let us say we do prove to everyone we are better than advertised as a team and are exciting enough that the networks want to put us on primetime (other than what we already have vs Jags on TNF).

When do the FLEX schedules begin? What games/weeks do you think we could get in on primetime once they begin?

At least the world can c us kill the jags

Uhhh, I think you know what I mean.

Not really. Unless you mean that some people don't get the NFL Network? Or did you mean you're only counting Sunday or Monday nights?

Personally, I like having the early game. It lessons the apprehension, if you know what I mean.

Not really. Unless you mean that some people don't get the NFL Network? Or did you mean you're only counting Sunday or Monday nights?

Personally, I like having the early game. It lessons the apprehension, if you know what I mean.

Yes, some people don't get NFLN, so it is "kind of" a prime time game.

Sorry, I was posting while tired last night. :)

Yes, some people don't get NFLN, so it is "kind of" a prime time game.

Sorry, I was posting while tired last night. :)

No problem, I get that. Before I switched to Direct TV our cable had the NFL Network, but they didn't show the Thusday night games! Talk about ridiculous. They said it cost them more if they wanted the games. I think I switched to DTV the next day.

I think MNF is grey area now since it's cable.

I hear what you're saying. But "prime time" is about the time slot, and "national" is about the availability in multiple regions. The Thursday night games are national, prime time games. Not as big a deal as the Sunday night game, or even the Monday night game, which is why we got stuck with one Thursday night game. But it's still a national, prime time game.

The Houston game in Indianapolis in week 17 could be the Colts last chance to make the playofs against their toguhest division rival.

...or it could simply be a crucial game for Houston...

and it would be in indianapolis....lively crowd...and hopefully, still..Andrew Luck with maybe soem rookie records on the line.

What if Indy had to beat Houston to put Denver in the playoffs?? OMG

A LOT of us here would love to see that. 9-6 Texans vs 8-7 Colts???? Hey, you never know, that is why you play the game. :)

A LOT of us here would love to see that. 9-6 Texans vs 8-7 Colts???? Hey, you never know, that is why you play the game. :)

Even then the only way that 100% would secure the Colts as AFC South champs would be if they knocked off Houston the first time. Any other scenario would be dependent on the tie-breaking system.

Even then the only way that 100% would secure the Colts as AFC South champs would be if they knocked off Houston the first time. Any other scenario would be dependent on the tie-breaking system.

Yeah, the Texans do have the Ravens and Broncos on their schedule, we dont. :) There is the AFC tie-breaker chance if the division and head-to-head is tied, just saying. :) An outside chance, that is all you can ask for, right? Heck, the Giants snuck in with the Eagles at 8-8 and Cowboys at 8-8 when the Giants finished 9-7.

Both of us do play the NFC North and AFC East.