Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Curtis Painter Is The Future Of The Colts!

Malakai432

Of course you may want to save this prediction for the game after next one. We play the Packers next. If Curtis had issues against the Rams and Redskins, then he will be flat out embarrassed against the Packers. Hey, I'm cool with it... I hope Painter plays so bad we kick him off our depth chart!

Also, the Packers have been playing with their starters a lot in the preseason. If Aaron Rodgers comes in, like usual, expect a lop-sided score.

I could do better than Painter... if I kneel on all my snaps, I'll throw 0 interceptions.

Our QB situation is so bad, we may as well test the wildcat in preseason. We have the HB personnel and speed to do it, but I think Caldwell is too lazy to implement it.

You better believe it... I still have hope for painter, The colts are actually gonna game plan for the packers game so if he does bad in that game i swear ill stop supporting him. But i think he's gonna have a decent game, cant really blame him much for tonights game.

You better believe it... I still have hope for painter, The colts are actually gonna game plan for the packers game so if he does bad in that game i swear ill stop supporting him. But i think he's gonna have a decent game, cant really blame him much for tonights game.

I still have alittle faith left in the tank but it's almost running on empty. I did love the way Delone played though, guy will be ridiculous if our OL can play consistent. He can push a pile atleast.

Of course you may want to save this prediction for the game after next one. We play the Packers next. If Curtis had issues against the Rams and Redskins, then he will be flat out embarrassed against the Packers. Hey, I'm cool with it... I hope Painter plays so bad we kick him off our depth chart!

Also, the Packers have been playing with their starters a lot in the preseason. If Aaron Rodgers comes in, like usual, expect a lop-sided score.

speaking of the packers, I hope the colts dont play any starters (especially addai) last years preseason game was a nightmare! :beg:

'Ol Smitto ought to be here any moment now to defend painter..........

There's one prophecy come to pass, and here's another:

Painter will have his worst game yet against the Packers. He may not even start.

And smitto will STILL most likely defend him.

Kind of reminds me of Wyle E Coyote trying to get the Road Runner... It's just not going to ever happen, and it always makes Coyote look dumb for still trying, but he still tries anyways... He just doesn't get it.

I still have alittle faith left in the tank but it's almost running on empty. I did love the way Delone played though, guy will be ridiculous if our OL can play consistent. He can push a pile atleast.

I definitely think the colts are gonna have a good running game this year, much bigger guys starting athletic. Hopefully Carter can stay healthy.

Painter will have his worst game yet against the Packers. He may not even start.

Kind of reminds me of Wyle E Coyote trying to get the Road Runner... It's just not going to ever happen, and it always makes Coyote look dumb for still trying, but he still tries anyways... He just doesn't get it.

Idk about that, if wayne and collie plays i think he will have better success at hitting those guys. The WR's in tonights game werent getting any seperation at all, i never liked taj smith there's a reason why he never stayed on the team..... And im not crazy, im a colts fan not a painter fan, i dont even care about the dude im just trying to be the positive person on these negative painter threads.

This is coming very close to a personal attack. John you know I love ya' but please remember to post within the forum rules.

Mr. Smitto definitely is a glutton for punishment, no matter how many times reality slaps him in the face, he still must be smacked again in order to believe what his eyes are telling him. Its pretty bad when you can make John Beck looks like Joe Montana.

Idk about that, if wayne and collie plays i think he will have better success at hitting those guys. The WR's in tonights game werent getting any seperation at all, i never liked taj smith there's a reason why he never stayed on the team..... And im not crazy, im a colts fan not a painter fan, i dont even care about the dude im just trying to be the positive person on these negative painter threads.

And for that you get a +1 and some free .. I kind of feel bad for the guy but at the same time he's getting some decent $$$$$..

Painter is complete garbage. Last week I watched on tv and thought I was hard on him. After seeing him live tonight I can say he is complete garbage. heck, the Redskins have 3 qb's better than him! He better not start next week. Give the drunken Hartline a chance. They were warming him up in the final 3 mins, gave him his helmet, and then sat him on the bench.

Believe me, I know we have our backup QB problems, but have we gained 10 yds on the ground yet? I know Painter hasnt shown signs of a pro QB, but he sure isnt gettin help from the ground game. It seems like ever since we let Lilja go, we cant run the ball at all. Not saying he was the main key, but as i look at our roster and see our guys measurables. They seem to stack up with other O lines in the league. Is it technique, coaching or just flat will??

Mr. Smitto definitely is a glutton for punishment, no matter how many times reality slaps him in the face, he still must be smacked again in order to believe what his eyes are telling him. Its pretty bad when you can make John Beck looks like Joe Montana.

I thought he looked more like Steve Young, personally. The way he was getting around and throwing on the move.

Ground game was solid last week, not really sure how it was this week though Delone looked smexy!!!!!!! Avg 6.3 yards and 11 yard longest run, 25 yards total on 4 carries unfortunately it was late in the game during garbage time, but you can say that was with our weak OL vs their weak DL so it balances things out. IMO, I already prefer him over Brown and hope he can work his way to the 2nd RB on the dc, however we are probably set at Brown @ the #2 regardless how he plays .

But none the less someone did have a 10+ yard run lol...

And that was painters fault as well? lol painter is learning the system, with TIME he could be a good back up all QB's need time.

Enough please with calling out other Colts fans for their opinons.

Fo sho.

I disagree with Smitto's evaluation of the utterly passionless and passive Painter. But I applaud him for supporting our current #2. I wish Painter would prove Smitto correct, because we need somebody to offer a solution to the absence of Manning.

Nah, the Coyote gets it, but its his dream, and you cant give up on your dreams!

That and hes hungry...

As far as Painter...well, I got nothin good. He stunk last year, and he stinks just as much this year. This long in the Colts system should have shown some improvement with him and it hasnt.

Orlovsky outplayed him by a mile last night and deserves a chance with the 1st unit.

Im not trying to defend Painter in the least, he is flat out terrible, but it wasn't just him that looked bad. Our 1st string defense was an embarrassment. The Redskins 1st drive, the long run from scrimmage, Freeney was completely manhandled to open that gigantic gaping hole and none of the other d-line were even close.

Curtis Painter is genius because he realizes his level of ability and signed a 1.8M contract to come to a team he knows he'll never play more than 50 real-time snaps for. It's smarter than punter-money. For that kind of cash I'm sure he couldn't care less what anyone out here thinks of him. As far as the team is concerned we all know the situation and it most likely won't be changing until his contract expires after 2012. Not much to talk about.

I will bet you 2,300,000 in monopoly money he does better next game!!!! If not then he will do better the game after that, just maybe...

Ahh! The dreaded sucker bet, Hmmmm! All he really needs to do is complete " one pass " surely he can complete one pass? Even someone with a QB rating of "9" can complete "one pass". I mean even someone from the stands can complete "one pass " right? Hmmmm! maybe, just maybe it could happen!

Hmmmm! Curtis Painter, doing better, $2,300,000 of monopoly money. Ok!!!! you got a bet lol

Wyle E Coyote actually did catch the roadrunner in one episode, its pretty comical if I remember correctly.

Enough please with calling out other Colts fans for their opinons.

I have a couple friends that have come here now and then to check out the new forum - they're members of boards for their teams. They don't post here, just read. For what it's worth, they've picked up on an obvious thing - there's a certain group of regulars here that are uninformed/misinformed and reactionary & they're able to continue on relatively unchecked......and because of their presence they do in fact give this Colts forum a face. This, coming from guys that aren't even here every day. Just .02 from some outsiders for consideration/discard. On their boards there's more of a two way "freedom of speech" street from one fan to another, which is a good thing (my view) because it's more the way things ought to be & cuts down on misrepresentation/creates more of an adult atmosphere.

I understand what's trying to be accomplished here, but when you hear this from outsiders that give an unbiased view it's not a very good reflection. Exactly like life in your home.....if some fool walked in off the street and started ranting in the middle of your living room you'd have to deal with him. Look, I'm a Colt fan and appreciate the site being here.....just sayin'.

I have a couple friends that have come here now and then to check out the new forum - they're members of boards for their teams. They don't post here, just read. For what it's worth, they've picked up on an obvious thing - there's a certain group of regulars here that are uninformed/misinformed and reactionary & they're able to continue on relatively unchecked......and because of their presence they do in fact give this Colts forum a face. This, coming from guys that aren't even here every day. Just .02 from some outsiders for consideration/discard. On their boards there's more of a two way "freedom of speech" street from one fan to another, which is a good thing (my view) because it's more the way things ought to be & cuts down on misrepresentation/creates more of an adult atmosphere.

I understand what's trying to be accomplished here, but when you hear this from outsiders that give an unbiased view it's not a very good reflection. Exactly like life in your home.....if some fool walked in off the street and started ranting in the middle of your living room you'd have to deal with him. Look, I'm a Colt fan and appreciate the site being here.....just sayin'.

Nice post, :applause: I have been hanging around the old forum, and now the new one for a very long time. My old Forum name was (VAColt). I would just read mostly and would hardly ever post, due to the fact I did not want to deal with the drama that comes with posting from a certain few posters.

So I can relate, to exactly how they feel. I will always respect your opinion :neener: Now I may have a little fun with it from time to time, but I will always respect it. :worthy: I just do not want to be bashed for mine.

I mean if Patriot fans (JJ) :hello: can live on our board in perfect harmonie with Colt fans. (Kind of like cats and dogs living together) odd yes, but it can work lol . Why the heck can't we as Colt fans do the same with each other? Don't we all want the same thing here? Team success?

Fo sho.

I disagree with Smitto's evaluation of the utterly passionless and passive Painter. But I applaud him for supporting our current #2. I wish Painter would prove Smitto correct, because we need somebody to offer a solution to the absence of Manning.

I still think painter is gonna have a good game, i expect it in the packers games cause they are actually gonna prepare for that game but i dont expect and feats compared to manning... Hoping the colts starting receivers play in that game.

I still think painter is gonna have a good game, i expect it in the packers games cause they are actually gonna prepare for that game but i dont expect and feats compared to manning... Hoping the colts starting receivers play in that game.

so is this your do-or-die game for him? if he tosses 4 picks, are you finally going to accept what we all know? or are you gonna be all "its ok guys, Curtis is gonna bounce back have a MONSTER preseason game 4, TRUST ME."

I'm kind of curious about this mysterious Hartline guy. I know he had outside problems with public intox, I believe he was arrested. He has a big frame and is listed @ 6"6, 210 and had some great #'s at KU over 3k passing yards last year with a rating of 146. He seems to have the ability to be fast and he's quick of the snap, drops back and passes very well, (atleast for KU he did).

I'm hoping Painter can play good as well, but I'd like to see Hartline get some solid playing time next week.

I'm kind of curious about this mysterious Hartline guy. I know he had outside problems with public intox, I believe he was arrested. He has a big frame and is listed @ 6"6, 210 and had some great #'s at KU over 3k passing yards last year with a rating of 146. He seems to have the ability to be fast and he's quick of the snap, drops back and passes very well, (atleast for KU he did).

I'm hoping Painter can play good as well, but I'd like to see Hartline get some solid playing time next week.

Yea i noticed hartline was still on the team, i dont understand how come he hasnt played though usually all three guys would play. i dont know much about him but i hear he has an arm as well, i guess they are just using him as a back up to the back ups maybe he plays in the last game which would be a bit pointless if you ask me.

so is this your do-or-die game for him? if he tosses 4 picks, are you finally going to accept what we all know? or are you gonna be all "its ok guys, Curtis is gonna bounce back have a MONSTER preseason game 4, TRUST ME."

I know how hard being a QB is and its not easy having success at that position especially in the NFL, i still think painter is a good BACKUP, he doesnt have the experience to be a starter though so i wouldnt be surprised if his stats were negative. I wouldnt stop supporting him but i would stop defending him.

Curtis Painter is genius because he realizes his level of ability and signed a 1.8M contract to come to a team he knows he'll never play more than 50 real-time snaps for. It's smarter than punter-money. For that kind of cash I'm sure he couldn't care less what anyone out here thinks of him. As far as the team is concerned we all know the situation and it most likely won't be changing until his contract expires after 2012. Not much to talk about.

Now 'at rat thar, 'at's funny, 'at rat thar is.....but TRUE