Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

o-line!

colts52761

Are the rookie oline not doing anything to impress?

1. Hayworth Hicks -g

2. justin anderson -g/t

3. jason foster - g

4. steven baker - t

just hate the idea of link and mcglynn starting. i hate the idea of Tepper at ot he is too slow , move him to guard. the oline seems to be my biggest worry for the season.

Good thing is we still have opportunities to upgrade this line. Teams will be letting players go duruing camp. Will those players be better then wgat we have? I do not know.

We may be able to upgrade this line a bit in the near future.

I forgot, your season tickets are right next to Grigson. Right? I can't imagine you watch the games on the TV like everyone else. You have so much knowledge and insight.

when it comes to football i don't believe i know any more or less than anyone else here. i'm not judging players. i'll leave that to the folks who get paid a pretty penny to make those decisions. are they always right ? not at all but they are certainly more qualified than any of us here to do it.

when it comes to football i don't believe i know any more or less than anyone else here. i'm not judging players. i'll leave that to the folks who get paid a pretty penny to make those decisions. are they always right ? not at all but they are certainly more qualified than any of us here to do it.

...yes I think you do think you know more considering recent comments. But either way the majority of what you said is right. We don't make decisions. I grew up in a family full of coaches and players so I think I understand the game and how it works. You certainly have a right to tell me I don't...but at the end of the day it's just opinion vs opinion that doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. We're both rooting for the same team. We just have different views on how that team comes together and operates I suppose.

...yes I think you do think you know more considering recent comments. But either way the majority of what you said is right. We don't make decisions. I grew up in a family full of coaches and players so I think I understand the game and how it works. You certainly have a right to tell me I don't...but at the end of the day it's just opinion vs opinion that doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. We're both rooting for the same team. We just have different views on how that team comes together and operates I suppose.

i believe i'm just connecting very obvious dots. i could be wrong, it happens a lot.

I don't think dots should be connected at all. Or they shouldn't have significant importance until the season starts.

i just firmly believe organizations make their decisions according to the plan they have laid out. i don't think it's a matter of throwing a bunch a stuff against the wall to see what sticks.

Can we even afford Vernon Carey? I don't know our current cap situation.

I do think that if we cut Ijalana and re-work Mathis' contract, we can get Vernon Carey in for a 1 yr deal. Last year, several vets like Aubrayo Franklin, and this year even notable names like Tracy Porter agreed to 1 year deals to be able to showcase what they can still bring to the table. If he is game for a 1 yr. deal, we can work him in, I feel, and when the dead cap space comes off, we can decide on whether we give him a longer contract in the offseason.

Are the rookie oline not doing anything to impress?

1. Hayworth Hicks -g

2. justin anderson -g/t

3. jason foster - g

4. steven baker - t

just hate the idea of link and mcglynn starting. i hate the idea of Tepper at ot he is too slow , move him to guard. the oline seems to be my biggest worry for the season.

I believe Justin Anderson is on PUP.

I do think that if we cut Ijalana and re-work Mathis' contract, we can get Vernon Carey in for a 1 yr deal. Last year, several vets like Aubrayo Franklin, and this year even notable names like Tracy Porter agreed to 1 year deals to be able to showcase what they can still bring to the table. If he is game for a 1 yr. deal, we can work him in, I feel, and when the dead cap space comes off, we can decide on whether we give him a longer contract in the offseason.

I hope you mean Dwight Freeney, and not Robert Mathis. Mathis just signed his contract this offseason. It makes little sense to rework it.

I hope you mean Dwight Freeney, and not Robert Mathis. Mathis just signed his contract this offseason. It makes little sense to rework it.

Whichever contract we think we can re-work, I am fine with that. Freeney has just 1 year left, so not sure how we will re-work that. Mathis does have multiple years left, hence the suggestion.

Injuries plague all teams. Teams with depth can survive, and those without sink. In addition, smaller faster players (especially if on the field too long and lose speed and strength often) may be more susceptible to injury. Strength and conditioning programs might play a part, as well well as dumb luck. Too many injuries at key positions might even bee to much for decent depth to overcome. Just hope we can keep key folks upright and develop depth for the others, because more will come in all likelihood.

..............to add to that: An O-line needs to play (and be judged) as a unit. Colt's O-line last year played well as a unit, producing a 4.2 yds per carry rushing (best in many years). That was with an impotent passing game that will greatly improve this year, and several first year players on the line who should improve in their second year....and I believe the veterans added will adequately replace the loss of Saturday and Diem. I expect the run game to be at least as good as last year. Add to that a good passing game, and the Colts have a very good offense.

Now that Ijalana is gone, I am less confident about the Oline. I'm rooting for Reitz or one of the new guys to get the LG spot. At RG, a combo of Link/McGlynn is not something I want to witness. Honestly I'd probably rather see Link out there. He's younger and seems to put in a pretty solid effort, especially when you consider he was undrafted.