Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Chappell's Pre-Rookie Training Camp Observations...

NewColtsFan

Some good stuff... in a short time, I've grown to really like some of the IndyStar's writers... just wish they'd write more... In this day of the internet, when you're not governed by column inches and running out of space, you can pretty much write as much as you want.

More is better. Less is not as good. Good writers need to write more!

http://www.indystar....xt|IndyStar.com

I almost posted that article this 'early afternoon' NewColtsFan. I got busy, so I am glad you posted it.

I think my main take on this is New OL coach Harold Goodwin may not have faith in Big Joe Reitz.. Seems Iljalana is coming along from injury which is a huge positive. The entire training camp is essential with all phases of the game.

I actually feel that Iljalana should back up the left side of the line and both tackles to gain experience. I enjoyed Chappel's article and again thanks for posting the article.

It wouldnt surprise me, Reitz isnt strong enough to play Guard and hasn't shown that mean streak, Im not sure Ijalana has it either on both accounts especially taking into account he is recovering from injury and while may be fully healed he surely cant have full strength back but we will just have to wait and see

It wouldnt surprise me, Reitz isnt strong enough to play Guard and hasn't shown that mean streak, Im not sure Ijalana has it either on both accounts especially taking into account he is recovering from injury and while may be fully healed he surely cant have full strength back but we will just have to wait and see

Need that mean streak...that is what McGlynn has provided. Joe is big enough to eat hay.....need some versatility for sure!

I like how we have a fairly young O-line and they will hopefully be able to play together and develop that chemistry. Chemistry is one of the most important factors in a successful O-line. With that said, I wouldn't be opposed to the signing of Vernon Carey (yes, he is listed as a tackle, but he can play guard) since both of our guard spots are unknowns. I do know that Carey is 30, but I still think it would really help the team.

Need that mean streak...that is what McGlynn has provided. Joe is big enough to eat hay.....need some versatility for sure!

I wish ya could see what happened to the Bengals offense last year when Mcglynn was forced into the last 4 games to start, it wasnt pretty, I am hoping for the best of course but I dont think Mcglynn and likely not even Justice is the long term solution at Guard and Tackle

I wish ya could see what happened to the Bengals offense last year when Mcglynn was forced into the last 4 games to start, it wasnt pretty, I am hoping for the best of course but I dont think Mcglynn and likely not even Justice is the long term solution at Guard and Tackle

Once a player feels unwanted.....Been there .....Unfortunately Gavin.......I had to watch the Bengals....last I checked, The Bengals overachieved......ANDY Dalton skilled us big time! 17-21.....I love these COLTS!

OK....saw the Bengals ALL freaking year! I did DVD video to examine...Ready to diagnose and not play games...this speculation from Feb> on.....ridiculous....Time to analyze....

There are going to be arguments, likes, and I wish dislikes.....Lets play some football.

Im almost positive this coaching staff and GM see something in Mcglynn they need and want or they wouldnt have signed him.My guess is he fits what they want to do,and im pretty sure that wouldnt be failing.And i like what ive seen so far.

OK....saw the Bengals ALL freaking year! I did DVD video to examine...Ready to diagnose and not play games...this speculation from Feb> on.....ridiculous....Time to analyze....

There are going to be arguments, likes, and I wish dislikes.....Lets play some football.

Ok I got lets play some football out of that and that you saw the Bengals all year

Amen to that brother.

I'm getting the itch. I want to get some pickup games going, but it's been too hot in these parts.

I for one am tired of SPECULATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have some bad .....(insert yours)

heck to the NO we are not going to the Super Bowl! This team will HURT......some teams that THINK they are going to the playoffs!!

I want these guys to hit like there is no tomorrow....Pagano? I guess some of you liked the Coyer Nobody defense....worthless hot dog eating DC!!!!!

I for one am tired of SPECULATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have some bad .....(insert yours)

heck to the NO we are not going to the Super Bowl! This team will HURT......some teams that THINK they are going to the playoffs!!

I want these guys to hit like there is no tomorrow....Pagano? I guess some of you liked the Coyer Nobody defense....worthless hot dog eating DC!!!!!

I'm not sure that anybody was a fan of the old 'Coyer Cover Nobody'.

Whats funny about all the Coyer jokes is he had other defenses the he was in charge of near the top of the league in many cases and obviously the talent wasnt there last year for a good defense or we wouldnt be scrambling to find talent now so that didn't help at all , Go back and look at his coaching tenures and match them up with numbers that were put up by those teams in those years, we had no defensive tackles last year (Antonio Johnson has proved to be nearly absolutely useless).

Brent is it 5 O'Clock in your timezone currently?

:)

I know all of the 'defenses.' I have had it with the "Bend But don't Win!...Cover NOBODY defense. I forgot the "Prevent' the Win too.!....This team will play with intensity win or lose. My hopes are 62-7 will be reversed,,,,soon...tired of the 38-37 Games!!! It is 5:39....just sayin! :)

• 2 weeks later...

hahah! Im surrounded by ALL 9er, Raider, and a few Bolts fans. i need 5pm... all day for all this obnoxiousness. i come from a family of Cheeseheads and they have been unbearable with the calling and texting "go, pack, go" all last year!

im a lonely CA Colt!

Brilliance is unquestioned..... :) Funny! The California Colts will be good this year? :)