Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis to bid on another Super Bowl!

GoColts8818

I can see it now, the FINAL game of Peyton's career.... A Super Bowl Win in Indy.... :lombardi:

Hey two shots at one of our own playing in it is better than one. Either way the city support would be crazy. I don't know however if he will still be playing if we was to even get another. I'm not sure how far out they go with these things but between Miami, New Orleans, and San Diego I think the regular hosts and places like NY now getting one and I'm sure Dallas will again and any other new stadiums I imagine its a long wait.

That said we proved we could handle it. The city is definately set up to host big athletic events....while not the biggest city we definately have a nice downtown area for that...and its full of things that sports lovers would appreciate....for reporters that just want to work on their tan and have a week in the sun....not so much.

Also a tour guide at Lambeau did a survey on a lot of stuff & says Green Bay & the surrounding area has the hotels but according to the NFL we don't have the room or the restaurants.

Bears want it, too..but their stadium is older than dirt...

Was Indy the smallest city ever to host a Super Bowl??

Bears want it, too..but their stadium is older than dirt...

Was Indy the smallest city ever to host a Super Bowl??

Soldier Field may indeed be "older than dirt" as you suggest oldunclemark, but there a long, illustrious NFL history there too. Chicago is a great sports city as is INDY too.

Everytime I think of Soldier Field, I think of this George Carlin comedy routine: Football Vs. Baseball:

"Football is played on a grid iron in a stadium. Sometimes called Soldier Field or War Memorial Stadium." I love that line! haha

That would certainly be great to do, but so far in history, no Super Bowl competitor has played in their own stadium.
Also a tour guide at Lambeau did a survey on a lot of stuff & says Green Bay & the surrounding area has the hotels but according to the NFL we don't have the room or the restaurants.

Winning a SB in LOS would be very sweet indeed for either Luck & Co. or Peyton & Co.

What Jeff Saturday can't pull some SB host city strings in Green Bay with NE Patriots owner Robert Kraft & NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell? Jeff is an excellent public speaker & he can be very persuasive. Just look at our New CBA for proof of that very fact alone.