Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Proof Donald Brown Can Be Good

BlueRedZone

Brown had a couple good runs from this season...This game, Arizona, Seattle....Last season the NY Giants game, and the 2nd Jax game are examples of his potential. His problem is consistency....I think if the Colts can create better schemes for him and Addai, using them as a two back combo, then things could really happen!

big deal. i can show you a bunch of games where he started last year and did nothing.

He was also dinged up a lot last year, and 2010 was perhaps the worst display by a Colts offensive line in the Peyton Manning era. Donald Brown has shown signs of being a solid player for us. With a healthy set of weapons around him, and solid blocking, he'll have some big-time games. Teams are going to be so concerned about the middle of the field with Collie, Clark, and Gonzo running around, that our backs are bound to contribute.

P.S. That game against the Dolphins was one of my favorites in recent memory. Yes, it sucked to watch the Dolphins hold the ball for 41:00+, but to see how efficient our offense was when they did get the ball was so gratifying. Especially the determination on Manning's face, as if challenging teams to play that game with us.

He was also dinged up a lot last year, and 2010 was perhaps the worst display by a Colts offensive line in the Peyton Manning era. Donald Brown has shown signs of being a solid player for us. With a healthy set of weapons around him, and solid blocking, he'll have some big-time games. Teams are going to be so concerned about the middle of the field with Collie, Clark, and Gonzo running around, that our backs are bound to contribute.

P.S. That game against the Dolphins was one of my favorites in recent memory. Yes, it sucked to watch the Dolphins hold the ball for 41:00+, but to see how efficient our offense was when they did get the ball was so gratifying. Especially the determination on Manning's face, as if challenging teams to play that game with us.

i think 2008 was the worst o-line

He ran Ray Lewis over in the 09 playoff game. That sold me on Donald. He has put on more weight and has become much faster. He'll be a threat on our team for sure.

ray lewis has been ran over quite a few rb's in the past couple of seasons....dude is old he's not as strong as he used to be

I remember that game. thanks for sharing that video but all it showed me is that we can't stop the wildcat!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

the colts can stop the wildcat, the jets tried to do it and they failed. i think they were caught off guard thats why.

There's no question as to whether of not Brown can be good. He can certainly be good, no doubt about it. He has had health issues and his pass blocking seems to be a major weakness. This is a make or break year for him and he knows it. If he doesn't do well with our new O-line, he won't be in Indy next year

I still don't understand all the Donald Brown haters. The guy's fast and strong, he just needs a hole to run through, which you can basically say about every back, aside from Barry Sanders. What, you think Addai's and elite back? I love Joe and all, he's a workhorse (and should've been our key to a Super Bowl victory vs. Saints), but I definitely think Browns a better athlete. I'm interested in seeing how he runs this year with our two new beasts on the O-Line.

I still don't understand all the Donald Brown haters. The guy's fast and strong, he just needs a hole to run through, which you can basically say about every back, aside from Barry Sanders. What, you think Addai's and elite back? I love Joe and all, he's a workhorse (and should've been our key to a Super Bowl victory vs. Saints), but I definitely think Browns a better athlete. I'm interested in seeing how he runs this year with our two new beasts on the O-Line.

Same with me I think once we can open up some holes for him, we will see some great things.

His burst of speed is impressive.