Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quote thread

Warhorse

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, May 1, 2012 - response
Hidden by shecolt, May 1, 2012 - response

Insanely optimistic? We had the 16th OL in the league last year, with Curtis Painter. we added a good C to replace Saturday and got W Justice, and Castonzo and Ijalilana will continue to improve. Your OL lost a lot of players, we won't be too far away from you, if not better.

Where are you getting 16 from? Don't tell me you looked at Hughes's post alone.

And the rest of that post is based on nothing but assumptions...which is what your original post was dripping with, which is why I called it out.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question, how many division titles do you think the Colts would have won WITHOUT Manning?

(Which means you would have drafted Leaf.)

Just curious, really. This isn't meant to be sarcastic.

It depends on who we drafted to replace Leaf. We'd probably get a QB the year the Chargers did, so Rivers or Roethlisberger, assuming if we finished last Eli would be traded to NY. 4-6 maybe. If we rebounded fast.

Yeah, no...we're not. Some people put in the work to win. And some B teamers just get lucky.

You should have told that to your team last year. Either they quit working, and they went 2-14, or they worked hard and still went 2-14. Just pick one.

I'd think that if your so excited about the Texans shot at a Super Bowl, you wouldn't have the interest in trying to convince Colts fans to, (what's your point?) to like or respect the Texans. You'd be telling it to Baltimore fans ect.. The fact is that the Colts are going to dethrone (as if one Division title and a second round defeat is "great") the Matt Schaub led Texans sooner than your aware of.

I thought this was supposed to be about quotes from the media not 3 or 4 people on the forum going back and forth bickering about who's dominant in the AFC South and what not....

Colts sucked last year.

Texans had a pretty dominant team last year and won the AFC South.

Its a new season.

Both teams are 0-0 right now.

Can we move on please?

From Michael Silver:

After three days of immersing myself in the drafts trans-formative power, here's how I see the NFL's food chain – more than four months before the real games begin.

You'll notice that, as is customary, the defending champs are respectfully lodged in the penthouse, while the league's reigning doormats are disrespectfully stashed in the cellar.

32. Indianapolis Colts: Now that former Stanford tight end Coby Fleener has successfully convinced an NFL team he was worthy of being selected with the 34th overall pick, will he grow his hair out and lose the whole Rob Gronkowski impersonation bit?

Looking forward to seeing Silver eat these words!

I ain't no hater. As I said before, I'll call out a homer post or two...far from hating. But you all are biased. I don't blame you. You see that #23 and you've already judged.

That was amazing how you can end a statement about being a homer, by being a homer.

Mike Freeman:

It's going to be a brutal rookie season for Andrew Luck. There is no other way around it. He's going to be brutalized beginning in Week 1.

Luck will begin his NFL career in Chicago which is just plain mean. And he will be the starter barring some sort of injury or asteroid striking the planet. He will debut on an awful team with a bad offensive line, crappy defense and new coaching staff.

It's not that the Colts have a tough schedule it's just that every team they will face is better than them.

Luck may face the kind of rookie season that Troy Aikman did in Dallas his rookie year when he won a single game and was beaten up like he was in a Muay Thai fight.

Colts org. should hang this one on the locker room board for "inspiration"

Long story short the Texans were given the division last year, you cant possibly tell me you werent salivating over the fact you heard Manning would be out....seriously get back to us when you have earned the division and actually won a playoff game.....lets not forget we had no Manning and you STILL couldnt take two from us....maybe your just jealous cause your quarterback is average and thats on his good days

Long story short the Texans were given the division last year, you cant possibly tell me you werent salivating over the fact you heard Manning would be out....seriously get back to us when you have earned the division and actually won a playoff game.....lets not forget we had no Manning and you STILL couldnt take two from us....maybe your just jealous cause your quarterback is average and thats on his good days

well they did beat the bengals in a playoff game. but that's as far as they got. to their credit, they were using a rookie QB at the end of the year, and played without #80 for most of the season. I'm with you that they were handed the division, but the Texans were an impressive team last year regardless of #18 or not.

You mean how we beat the Bengals in last years playoffs? I guess that didn't count.

And I could care less about a game we lost that had nothing to do with anything. We lost with our B team and 4th string QB to the Titans in week 17, too. Did I care? Nope.

And honestly, I don't have a single jealous bone in my body towards the Colts. Why would I be jealous?

Then you understand how laying an egg to the Texans never really bothers us either.

unless it's at Lucas Oil...that tradition of them never winning in Indy is too hilarious not to keep going. Goodell should just make it a rule and have them forfeit the game.

Then you understand how laying an egg to the Texans never really bothers us either.

Hey, if you knew you'd get blown out in the season opener and that you would go 2-14, more power to you.

You mean how we beat the Bengals in last years playoffs? I guess that didn't count.

And I could care less about a game we lost that had nothing to do with anything. We lost with our B team and 4th string QB to the Titans in week 17, too. Did I care? Nope.

And honestly, I don't have a single jealous bone in my body towards the Colts. Why would I be jealous?

Your "B" team involves your starters... a lot. Look at the game recap. Foster rushed for 158 yards that game.

Hey, if you knew you'd get blown out in the season opener and that you would go 2-14, more power to you.

As soon as they said Manning was out and Curtis Painter was our starting QB...yes that was close to my expectation.

Your "B" team involves your starters... a lot. Look at the game recap. Foster rushed for 158 yards that game.

?

Foster sat out the last week. I didn't mean the game at LOS.

All smack/trash-talking posts and responses have been removed and I am now reopening this thread.

My apologies to anyone who also had some comments that were pertinent to the thread removed. But, the number of removed posts were too vast to warrant editing.

In conclusion, I can't say it any better than Cpt Hooligan. This thread is supposed to be about quotes from the media . . . not members going back and forth about who's more dominant in the AFC South.

So, please try to keep this thread on topic. I would really hate to permanently close it.

I like the direction the team is heading, and prefer Luck to RG3, but we kinda did give up something (someone) HUGE before drafting Luck. Just sayin'.

They didn't give up Peyton for Luck directly. Peyton will always be the man behind Colts football, but I'm sorry, if he wasn't willing to take less money and allow Pagano to field a respectable team, then it was his time to go. Our cap room would have been crushed for the remainder of his contract.

They didn't give up Peyton for Luck directly. Peyton will always be the man behind Colts football, but I'm sorry, if he wasn't willing to take less money and allow Pagano to field a respectable team, then it was his time to go. Our cap room would have been crushed for the remainder of his contract.

I would add that the timing appears to have been of the 'cosmic alignment' variety. The opportunity to fall in-line with Luck seems to have drawn the jealousy of many franchises fans. Had we went forth with Manning it is entirely possible that our new QB could've been a Matt Lienart or Brady Quinn.

No, Luck hasn't proven himself, yet. However he doesn't have the question marks that almost always surround 1st round franchise QB prospects.

I don't blame Peyton for not conceding millions of dollars to "help" the Colts. He isn't running a charity QB service for cripes sake.

So, to the OP I post this from the Bleacher Report [T.J. McAloon];

The shaky defense and the tough schedule are two things that Manning cannot control. However, what he can control, the offense, will not be that much better with Manning at the helm.

Coming into 2012, Manning will be throwing to Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas, who combined for 76 receptions, 1,163 yards and 12 touchdowns last season. Manning will have a tough time finding a rhythm with these two subpar receivers, who will not provide the same talent level as Manning had with Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison.

lol....yes, nevermind the 47% completion percentage from first year starter, incompetent QB extraordinaire, Timothy Tebow. How does a so-called columnist not understand the tie between a VERY BAD QB and poor numbers from his WR's?

Of course, adding the greatest QB of all time won't help those numbers, aye? lulz_emoticon_by_inglorious_btards-d32z0n6.png